Sandbagging Levels

It was common practice on KOTOR tosandbag the PC to get the max benefits of your cross class character. Given the increased level cap, is there any point anymore? Does the Prestige class levels have a greater value if we restrain some of our non prestige Jedi levels?

Or what about the characters that become during the game? Is it still a useful factor to maybe stop levelling some NPCs until they reach a point where they can become a jedi?

It was common practice on KOTOR tosandbag the PC to get the max benefits of your cross class character.

Is "sandbag" what the kids are calling "just waiting for the a while before leveling up" these days? :)

You have to be level 15 before you get the option to select a Prestige class, so holding levels doesn't do you any good.

Or what about the characters that become during the game? Is it still a useful factor to maybe stop levelling some NPCs until they reach a point where they can become a jedi?

The benifits would work the same as before. Your NPCs that can become Jedi become a certain type (you don't pick them), so you will have to weigh the advantages to leveling up or not.

Wouldn't happen to know what Jedi Class the respective characters take on per chance? ;)

i think i know a few off the top of my head. correct me if im wrong though.

Bau-Dur: Jedi Guardian

Handmaiden: Jedi Guardian

Mira: Jedi Sentinel

Disciple: Jedi Consular

Atton: Jedi Sentinel

And for the jedi that start as jedi incase u dont know.

Kreia: Jedi Consular

Visas Marr: Jedi Sentinel

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Wouldn't happen to know what Jedi Class the respective characters take on per chance? :p

i think i know a few off the top of my head. correct me if im wrong though.

Bau-Dur: Jedi Guardian

Handmaiden: Jedi Guardian

Mira: Jedi Sentinel

Disciple: Jedi Consular

Atton: Jedi Sentinel

And for the jedi that start as jedi incase u dont know.

Kreia: Jedi Consular

Visas Marr: Jedi Sentinel

thats sounds about right to me

Didn't do it on purpose, but I sandbagged the handmaiden and she became a very, very powerful jedi (almost as strong as the mc).

Played with Atton and Bao almost all the time so never had the chance to level her up.

I would say the best rule of thumb is not to level up anyone until you have them in your party and will be fighting.

Still seems a little cheap to me, but this is from the person who didn't level past two in KOTOR until becoming a Jedi just to go the rest of the way with no one in my party except me on difficult (challenging, but fun).

Yeah, it can be incredibly beneficial to wait to level people up. I saved TONS of medpacs during the Mira vs. Hanharr fight. Hanharr was eating her for lunch, but she had 7 level ups to go through, so I'd just fight and damage him a little bit and as soon as I got down to almost dead, I'd level up. I didn't have to use a single medpak.:p

Yeah, it can be incredibly beneficial to wait to level people up.  I saved TONS of medpacs during the Mira vs. Hanharr fight.  Hanharr was eating her for lunch, but she had 7 level ups to go through, so I'd just fight and damage him a little bit and as soon as I got down to almost dead, I'd level up.  I didn't have to use a single medpak.:p

But if you leveled her up all the way, she would have had higher hit points, possibly higher AC, as well as able to dish out a bit more damage faster, so perhaps she wouldn't have needed to be healed so many times if you leveled her at the beginning.

Is there any minimum level for your party members to becoming Jedi, though? Like, if I wanted Atton to be Jedi, could I run and grab his quest right away after Telos, then just keep him on the ship gaining influence with him while I could, and have him become a Jedi as low as level 5 or 6?