Is it worth it ?

If you do then is it worth it ?

Ive heard LOTS of things like freezing  :)  , falling through floors  >_<  ,

HIDEOUS  frame rates  >_<  , and much more :angry:

Now tell me is it worth it ?

If you believe in the opinions above and believe that you won't enjoy the game because of those problems, then no. It won't be worth it.

If you think the factors above won't get in the way of your enjoyment, then it is worth it.

...of course, countless others have enjoyed the game tremendously. And there have even been reports of people playing it bug-free.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

If you don't have it alraady by this stage of the game, then you may as well just wait 'till February.  :geek:

Indeed, play Bloodlines, Fable or something similar to pass the time.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If you do then is it worth it ?

Ive heard LOTS of things like freezing  >_<  , falling through floors  >_<  ,

HIDEOUS  frame rates  >_<  , and much more :angry:

Now tell me is it worth it ?

People are over reacting, and i've never heard of someone falling throw the floor. KOTOR2 got RPG of the year from both Gamestop and IGN

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I've played it and have experienced something like that once, and the game just froze up in between loads, no biggie

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I've come across a few such glitches - only a couple. There's one bug, though, that I kept having when I was lining up actions in the action tray - I would cast a force power, and then immediately commit an attack action, and the next attack action would cast the Force power while it commited the attack action. It was handy with the heal spell, but nonetheless sort of frustrating, and it's hard to imagine them missing this if any QA was done at all. Apparently there wasn't.

Was it worth it? I think so. Great story-telling, and I think it was a far superior RPG experience to the first game. It just wasn't as complete as it should've been.

While playing KOTOR, I would queue up three feats (Master Flurry for instance) or force powers. But, if the target died, my queue would be replaced with standard attacks as the computer then auto-targetted the next monster.

That bugged me. I supposed I should have made a stink about it while KOTOR:2 was still in development. I wonder if this changed.

2 opinions:

1. I keep seeing posts how this game is "great storytelling". In my opinion, it was very average . If you think the story of the game was great, I am not calling you _random_ bad name. I just disagree. There was not one "wow!" moment in this game from beginning to end. The enemies were not compelling or interesting. I still remember from the first KOTOR how cool it was when i found out that I was Revan all along. I will not go into spoilers, but for me not one moment did the storyline bring out something that I sat back and went "cool!".

In case you are saying right now "why did you buy it then" well I did not read any advance word on plot or characters...the first RPG had such an engrossing story I looked forward to grabbing the sequel. I wish I could go into the myriad of loose ends and unfinished items, but I do not want to give anything away spoiler-wise.

2. If I were to go to work tomorrow and pull out a data set from Access with corrupted data, incorrect entires, and various other errors in order to get it to a big client quickly...you know what? I would be looked at pretty hard as to why I produced unfinished results and therefore lost the client. A lot of you are giving Obsidian a free pass here and I don't understand it. This game was pressed and set for sale to the general public unfinished. I paid 50 dollars plus tax and I received an unfinished product for the sake of hitting the holiday sales push. If you argue that point, I am sorry but you are looking at this with blinders on. This game has gameplay flaws (I can stand far away from more than a few enemies and shoot them while they just stand there until they die), framerate issues, and story continuity issues (try to follow what happens when you reach the last section of the game..and may God have mercy on you if you don't pick the right conversation line).

I am sorry but 50 dollars is not pocket change for me, I have to disagree that this is a 4.5 out of 5 much less the best RPG of the year.

While playing KOTOR, I would queue up three feats (Master Flurry for instance) or force powers.  But, if the target died, my queue would be replaced with standard attacks as the computer then auto-targetted the next monster.

That bugged me.  I supposed I should have made a stink about it while KOTOR:2 was still in development.  I wonder if this changed.

Sadly not. :p

On the optimistic note, containers now flag "empty" if you've already pillaged them! (w00t)

manthing2.jpg

I'm the famous girlfriend of Ender that enjoys playing KOTOR.

And for what it's worth, I'm the one who suggested buying KOTOR:2 as soon as possible. Seeing as how I'm out of school for winter break now, I'll have something to do while Ender is at work. Heh. I'm sure we'll probablly wind up fighting over who gets to play next, and I know I'll tempt him to play DS too. :p

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

And for what it's worth, I'm the one who suggested buying KOTOR:2 as soon as possible. Seeing as how I'm out of school for winter break now, I'll have something to do while Ender is at work. Heh. I'm sure we'll probablly wind up fighting over who gets to play next, and I know I'll tempt him to play DS too.  :devil:

:thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

And for what it's worth, I'm the one who suggested buying KOTOR:2 as soon as possible. Seeing as how I'm out of school for winter break now, I'll have something to do while Ender is at work. Heh. I'm sure we'll probablly wind up fighting over who gets to play next, and I know I'll tempt him to play DS too.  :thumbsup:

Gabe from Penny Arcade fell to the DS. Can I be more vigilant?

Sarah can be pretty convincing.

despite my pissyness at the sloppy nature of some aspects of the game... no other game, not even KOTOR1 had me sit through so many 8 hours sessions and not let me go. I wish I could do it again :thumbsup:

If you're a principled person I would say wait and demand that they fix the bloody game, show them with your pocketbook that it's not ok to release unfinished work to reap the cash this christmas season. But if you're someone who just can't get enough RPG, and hungers for it... oh man is it worth it.

And for what it's worth, I'm the one who suggested buying KOTOR:2 as soon as possible. Seeing as how I'm out of school for winter break now, I'll have something to do while Ender is at work. Heh. I'm sure we'll probablly wind up fighting over who gets to play next, and I know I'll tempt him to play DS too.  :thumbsup:

Gabe from Penny Arcade fell to the DS. Can I be more vigilant?

Sarah can be pretty convincing.

That I can. I do have the Wonder Twins© afterall....

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins