Should a KOTOR 2 : TSL The devolopers cut

A release of KOTOR 2 : TSL The devolopers cut  

77 members have voted

1. 1. A release of KOTOR 2 : TSL The devolopers cut

• Yes - Defiently, make KOTOR 2 the game it should have been
    • No- This current version is good enough
    • No- A patch of sorts just for the bugs is good enough

I haven't read any spoilers about what the story is like, just the basics about how the ending is.....different. So personally I can't comment on whether more time needs to be spent on the story aspect.

However, my one wish is that when the PC version is released, all (or atleast most) of those nagging issues I'm reading about in the tech help forum are fixed.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

One would think the story was written and developed well before the project came anywhere near completion. I certinaly don't think that any more development time would be dedicated to plot.

As long as the technical issues are sorted, I think it should be fine. Of course I am just waiting for it on international X-box, so I guess the same issues will likely be plagueing that.

I hear many people are disappointed with the lack of character sidequests. I think they need to explore that a bit more. I dont know anything about the ending so I cant offer comment there but once again, not too many people like the ending either...

One would think the story was written and developed well before the project came anywhere near completion. I certinaly don't think that any more development time would be dedicated to plot.

While plot is indeed typically decided before all that much work starts on the game, due to time pressures, deadlines, etc..., elements of the plot can end up being trimmed or removed entirely due to time issues. One example would probably be the HK droid factory, which has already been identified as something that was removed from the game at the last minute.

For the past year I've heard people screaming they couldn't wait, and wanted the game out. They pleaded for an early release.

Then they bitch that the game is under-developed.

Imagine that.

Maybe it's supposed to have a cliff-hanger. Did ESB really resolve much? No. And in the grand scheme of the trilogy, it's the best story. I haven't played KOTOR:2, but I imagine it might stand out much the same way.

Patch some bugs in the PC release, and move onto KOTOR:3.

Umm... I don't think anyone wanted it to come out unfinished, and I don't think it actually had any effect on LA's decision. I don't know of a game that's anticipated, and people don't perk their ears up for an early release. The general concensus around THESE boards, as I recall, was that no one wanted it rushed - but they did want it as soon as possible.

However, what I do find annoying is people who expect it to be everything, try to push for the release, and then get pissed when it isn't everything they ever dreamed.

Yes, a Director's Cut. But going to that length isn't even necessary! The PC version hasn't been released yet, and I know it's a Hail Mary, but PLEASE Obsidian, delay the pc version until you fix the problems. Forget fixing the minor glitches/framerate issues, just fix the end.

It may be unprecedented for all I know, and totally unrealistic, but you must listen to your conscious! Please Obsidian, don't listen to the marketing goons. :D

A PC-version with an alternate ending? With Microsoft's blessing?

Hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHA

(Don't take it personal)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The major differences being fully flushed out story and getting rid of those bugs. And its clear that the christmas deadline was not enough to finsih the game properly. Want it to happen?

They neither have the time or the money to redo KOTOR2, for two reasons.

1. LA has already paid so no funds to redo a it and than Obsidian won't be able to to pay their staff

2. They need to be working on NWN2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I know this is a useless comment, since it seems rather obvious that Microsoft's "blessing" probably made pushing the XBox release forward, but....technically, why would LA or Obsidian need Microsoft's blessing concerning a PC issue?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes, a Director's Cut. But going to that length isn't even necessary! The PC version hasn't been released yet, and I know it's a Hail Mary, but PLEASE Obsidian, delay the pc version until you fix the problems. Forget fixing the minor glitches/framerate issues, just fix the end.

It may be unprecedented for all I know, and totally unrealistic, but you must listen to your conscious! Please Obsidian, don't listen to the marketing goons.  :D

I think LA writes the story and anyways the game is way too late in development to be changing the ending.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I think LA writes the story and anyways the game is way too late in development to be changing the ending.

I wonder what Chris Avellone's response to this would be. :geek:"

That he worked long and hard on the story and that I

They wouldn't, but I doubt Obsidian or Lucas would be willing to do it. But I feel sorry for you guys who have to wait for 2 more months. You invested alot of patience in this, with 80+% of you feeling that patience will be well spent... and then you'll experience the last three hours of the game.

I would say start a petition if I thought it would make any difference.

They wouldn't, but I doubt Obsidian or Lucas would be willing to do it. But I feel sorry for you guys who have to wait for 2 more months. You invested alot of patience in this, with 80+% of you feeling that patience will be well spent... and then you'll experience the last three hours of the game.

I would say start a petition if I thought it would make any difference.

You don't know anything do you?

I know this is a useless comment, since it seems rather obvious that Microsoft's "blessing" probably made pushing the XBox release forward, but....technically, why would LA or Obsidian need Microsoft's blessing concerning a PC issue?

I see it as pretty obvious that Lucasarts has refreshed their NDA with Microsoft, meaning no extras for other platforms, since no Live function is available on the xbox.

If the PC-version do get some extra goodies that would include changing of the ending, i would be very suprised.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy