Do you think KOTOR 3 is already being developed?

Yea, they laid off 31 employess and some were part of the pre-production KotOR III team. That doesn't mean they all got fired Maria... They may still have people working on it but it doesn't have the same priority as LA's other projects. Maybe if KotOR II makes enough money, they might divert more resources towards its production.

I dont think laying off employes is gonna effect the production of sequels to LA's best console game ever.  From what i remember reading about those layoffs LA was going to outsource more of its work.

I have to agree. This game seems to be selling great with very little media buzz even now. If they sell a lot of this game you can bet on at least a third one. They'll keep making similar RPGs as long as they make money. I only have three important questions.

1. Which company will get the job? I hope it's either Bioware, Obsidian, or both.

2. Will they finish the trilogy, answer the questions everyone has, and end the current storyline? I hope so and after that they could start a different story.

3. Will they wait to put it on the next gen system(s) or will they rush it out for next Christmas? I would imagine Microsoft would want it as an exclusive title with Halo 2 to launch the X-Box 2.

The breakneck speed at which KOTOR 2 was produced speaks of how badly lucas arts needs money.

Bioware WOULD have done it, but lucasarts wanted it faster, and they were busy with jade empire.

now, don't get me wrong. KOTOR 2 isnt a BAD game. And I certainly applaud some of obsidan's ideas. The whole...actually learning about the force from a master thing instead of just "And now you know X"...that was cool.

HOWEVER.

My biggest gripe with the game is that its totally lost the STAR WARS feel the first game had. Playing this game feels like playing Dark Forces 2, Jedi knight for the first time. Its a good game, and a good story. But...it doesn't have the same flavor starwars does.

This game felt very expanded universe, like I'd just read a few too many novels, instead of the feeling I got playing the first game which was just like watching the movies again.

Anyway, my gripes aside, if KOTOR 2 sells well, you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a kotor 3. It just had BETTER go back to Reven again!

I'm sure KotOR III (if it comes out) will be a great success considering the new developer (if they dont choose bioware or obsidian) will have 2 great games to work with and can fix the mistakes from both games to make an amazing sequel.

Shouldn't this be in General Discussion btw?

"My biggest gripe with the game is that its totally lost the STAR WARS feel the first game had. Playing this game feels like playing Dark Forces 2, Jedi knight for the first time. Its a good game, and a good story. But...it doesn't have the same flavor starwars does."

I would disagree. Not wanting to ruin anything for those who haven't played it yet...but TSL definitely has the STAR WARS feel. As in, the ESB.

Maybe you're thinking it doesn't play like the K1? ---which felt like SW ANH.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Man, you people are slow with the information. KotOR III is already on the shelves and its beating KotOR II in sales. Do you people ever pay attention to the news? Sheesh.... Its good KotOR III came out for the PC first, I'm already on the 4th planet.

Damn, baby. I told you we needed to buy KOTOR:3 when we were at Best Buy the other day! We'll never finish by the time the beta for KOTOR:4 comes out!

Damn right, I've just finished playing KOTOR 4 beta and it is amazing! :o

But seriously...

I dont think laying off employes is gonna effect the production of sequels to LA's best console game ever.  From what i remember reading about those layoffs LA was going to outsource more of its work.

I have to agree. This game seems to be selling great with very little media buzz even now. If they sell a lot of this game you can bet on at least a third one. They'll keep making similar RPGs as long as they make money. I only have three important questions.

1. Which company will get the job? I hope it's either Bioware, Obsidian, or both.

2. Will they finish the trilogy, answer the questions everyone has, and end the current storyline? I hope so and after that they could start a different story.

3. Will they wait to put it on the next gen system(s) or will they rush it out for next Christmas? I would imagine Microsoft would want it as an exclusive title with Halo 2 to launch the X-Box 2.

This sounds spot on, and I too would like to know the answers

The breakneck speed at which KOTOR 2 was produced speaks of how badly lucas arts needs money.

Bioware WOULD have done it, but lucasarts wanted it faster, and they were busy with jade empire.

Anyway, my gripes aside, if KOTOR 2 sells well, you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a kotor 3. It just had BETTER go back to Reven again!

My suggestion is to use the upcoming new Jade Empire engine (not that I know much about engines) for KOTOR 3 or a new story SW RPG to the same quality as KOTOR game of the year

If LucasArts needs more money then they would be foolish to stop KOTOR specifically or these quality of Star Wars RPGs in general. There clearly is a market for good quality star wars rpgs, but what we exactly dont want is quickly rushed jobs which lose quality as a result

Give us something *good* and it will SELL BIG TIME

I hope LucasArts give the devs long enough to create good games