Bao-Dur item breakdown ability?

Xerik

Wasn't Bao-Dur supposed to combine with T3 to become a mobile workbench?  :blink:

from the post from the developer before the game was released, T3 was supposed to handle item upgrade half of the workbench, while Bao-Dur was going to handle the creation/breakdown half of the workbench, similar to how the disciple handles the creation/breakdown of drugs.

I'm not sure if it was cut, or if my Bao-Dur just wants to be the annoying type. He tends to hand out shields only sporadically (even when i have few) and rarely wants to talk at all.

I was able to use Bao-Dur to breakdown items in the beginning (on the Hawk's workbench) and he volunteered to repair T3 for me. Unfortunately, about 2/3 of the way through Nar Shadaa, Bao-Dur quit speaking to me. I can't even get him to make me shields anymore. I'm playing as a light side female and had tons of influence with him and was able to get his history, but for whatever reason, he just clammed up. Very frustrating, because I wanted to train him.

Boa Dur and Kreia were my main two party members (other than my PC of course). He is extremely useful to have in the party because when he becomes a jedi (if you get the influence on him), he actually does a fair amount of damage (and can handle himself in combat)...though before becoming a jedi he is actually quite weak...due to low constitution. However, he has very high intelligence so you can get a great deal of skills for him (he can have very high demolitions, repair, security, treat injury, computers, and awareness) which enable him to breakdown and create a great number of items for very cheap, and basically unlock anything (almost) in the game and pick up any mine in the game (for $$$ or components).

Infact, with him in your party, you really dont need a whole lot of those skills, you can concentrate on awareness and pursuade. I would just use him to create all my lightsaber lenses, emitters, and powercells...and I ended up with all the high damage equipment for very cheap because of him. I think he is probably one of the most useful characters in the game...even if he isnt that deep. Besides, he is the most loyal (if not the only truely loyal) non-droid character in the game...and he always calls you "General", which is very cool...puts you on a power trip.