Return of Draconis

Dracomicron

Thank you for the welcomes, folks. I posted up through IWD2 or thereabouts, so it was a couple years back. I've been playing chat-based RPGs of late, and running a few as well (mostly Demon: the Fallen and Orpheus).

I left right about when Interplay went down the hole.

Hooray for Bethesda picking up FO3 rights...hope they can do it justice...

Drac

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

Formerly Draconis, Master of Deception

Head ST for Demon and Orpheus on Blood Chronicles online chat

And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chunks of lard, and so forth...

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Passing judgement before its out is silly. Bethesda has done things other than the Elder Scrolls series; I'm sure they know what kind of games Fallout is known for, and will at least try to be true to the source material.

If not...who knows, Morrowind with Guns might be amusing. I played Morrowind for quite awhile before moving on.

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

Thank you for the welcomes, folks.  I posted up through IWD2 or thereabouts, so it was a couple years back.  I've been playing chat-based RPGs of late, and running a few as well (mostly Demon: the Fallen and Orpheus).

I left right about when Interplay went down the hole.

Hooray for Bethesda picking up FO3 rights...hope they can do it justice...

Drac

Yer jes' a long-tongue lout, ain't ye?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Sorry, I do not find it amusing at all.  Fallout is a 3/4 top down CRPG that is turn base which uses the SPECIAL rules system.  Anything less would be just that.

Hmm. Grand Theft Auto I and II were a top-down 2D games. Are you saying that GTA III and Vice City and San Andreas aren't Grand Theft Auto games because they're 3D rotating perspective games?

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

Who opened the can of worms marked "Fallout"...? :p:blink:

Anyhow, good to see you around again Dracomicron.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

...long time, Geck...nice ta see ya ain't changed... :thumbsup:

...Grommy's missed ya soo; he's been tellin' peoples ta "Ask Draconis" e'er since ya disappeared... :D

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Sorry, I do not find it amusing at all.  Fallout is a 3/4 top down CRPG that is turn base which uses the SPECIAL rules system.  Anything less would be just that.

:blink:

In Senator Palpatang fashion:

::END OF THREAD::

:ph34r:

quoting palpatang to deal with hades_one use one evil on another ok so hades isn't as bad as palpatang . . . . yet

I don't give a crap about GTA so who the frak cares.

Ah, the eternal debate tactic of "I don't care about that, it must not matter at all." Very well then. Carry on.

Hey you other old-timers. Good to see ya.

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

I care only about CRPGs and that is pretty much it. Let the game companies rape the other genres to bits. There are just certain aspects of Fallout that makes it Fallout. That is story, setting, engine design, and the SPECIAL rules system. Change anything to the point of being unrecognizable its just won'd be Fallout.

BTW I did not want troika to get the license. I have played 2 of their games, arcanum and toee. Both games were crap. Arcanum had primitive graphics and a horrible combat and character development system. TOEE was a complete disaster, it had terrible combat, music, graphics and was bad in almost every respect. Troika is a proven failure.