Spike TV video game awards

I would never put any stock into anything that comes out of Spike TV. Their "video game awards" are a mockery, trying to pretend they know anything at all about the medium but in reality just praising the mainstream games that people who know nothing of video games play, like Halo and GTA (not that all people who play those games are ignorant). I think it puts up a red flag right away that GTA got GOTY... of course it did, because that's a widely popular game that got tons and tons of hype, so it was guaranteed at least a nomination regardless of it's actual quality. I also believe they gave a Madden game GOTY a while back. Disgusting.

I liked KOTOR, and RPGs are my favorite games. But GTA:SA will see months, and months of playtime on my TV. And I enjoy the GTA series perhaps more than most any series I've ever played. GTA:SA is the most impressive console title I've played in a long time.

Fable winning RPG of the year is a sad, sad statement in any boat.

What the hell is spike tv, isn't that what people watch to see wrestling?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Just wondering, who here watched the Spike TV Video Game Awards? The best rpg title was Fable  :geek:  Come on, kotor 2 shoulda got it. Some ppl made coments on Fable shouldnt have been rpg title. And the GOTY was GTA San Andreas, that got alot of awards. Its too bad that kotor 2 didnt get any. I hate those non - star wars fans or anti star wars ppl. What are your opinions? :luck:

KOTOR2 was released too late

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Just wondering, who here watched the Spike TV Video Game Awards? The best rpg title was Fable  >_<  Come on, kotor 2 shoulda got it. Some ppl made coments on Fable shouldnt have been rpg title. And the GOTY was GTA San Andreas, that got alot of awards. Its too bad that kotor 2 didnt get any. I hate those non - star wars fans or anti star wars ppl. What are your opinions? >_<

kotor2 will most definately win mtv, G4 tech tv and more goty 2004 awards

Just wondering, who here watched the Spike TV Video Game Awards? The best rpg title was Fable  >_<  Come on, kotor 2 shoulda got it. Some ppl made coments on Fable shouldnt have been rpg title. And the GOTY was GTA San Andreas, that got alot of awards. Its too bad that kotor 2 didnt get any. I hate those non - star wars fans or anti star wars ppl. What are your opinions? >_<

kotor2 will most definately win mtv, G4 tech tv and more goty 2004 awards

I doub't it

MTV=Mindless mases

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

KOTOR:2 will likely win most RPG of the year awards.

It won't win 30 game of the year awards because it faces MUCH stiffer competition than KOTOR ever did.

Half Life 2 (sequel to one of the most heavily awarded games)

Doom 3 (again)

GTA:SA (sequel to the then best selling game of all time)

Madden 2005 (ho hum, but still fun)

Metroid Prime: Echoes 2 (The Gamecube fans who don't play other games will campaign for their game of the year)

Halo 2 (some chump game that is obliterating all sales records)

Fable (was supposed to forever change RPGs)

Metal Gear Solid: 3 (I just read someone today call it the best game he's ever played)

Hell, there are darkhorse games like Vietiful Joe 2 - sequel to one of the games that beat KOTOR for a GOTY award last year.

Should I go on?

Should I go on?

Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines

The people over at planetvampire (and dilapidation before that) will tell you it's the single greatest story and experience ever in a game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I know a lot of people who absolutely loved the Nihilistic Vamp game, and I hated it.

It was absolutely non-cannon from White Wolf's world, and had very few RPG elements. Combat was imbalanced and boring. Graphics were poor, and the story sucked to boot.

The voice acting was horrid, but a lot of games have bad voice acting.

I'm willing to bet Bloodlines will be much better.

The main thing about Bloodlines was the graphics issue. Top line machines taking a loooooong time just to load one area. And when it rained... oh god, my computer lost a part of its soul trying to run that game.

And the combat system. The horrible, horrible combat system. Oh and the rather weak ending.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The main thing about Bloodlines was the graphics issue. Top line machines taking a loooooong time just to load one area. And when it rained... oh god, my computer lost a part of its soul trying to run that game.

And the combat system. The horrible, horrible combat system. Oh and the rather weak ending.

And the arguments with the stop sign :-

TNN was much better than Spike TV. I dont know what was going on in Spike Lee's head...

Actually i dont think spike lee has anything to do with this network. Infact im pretty sure he tried to sue them over using the name "spike".

This awards show was a total joke, i think it is quite fitting that grand theft auto got game of the year at this particular event. I'm not racist i just think its embarassing how they take a video game awards show and turn it into a rap concert.

I was actually the other way around. I liked the ending after mulling over it, but alot of the quests leading up to the ending were fetch quests. But I played as a Malkavian, so I figure I got more enjoyment out of it than most.

Hehe, my innocent Malk girl: "Tv man?"

As much as I'd like it to happen, I highly doubt KOTOR 2 will get any GOTY awards. Maybe it can be a contender in the specific RPG section, but not overall GOTY. This is because it's not as original and groundbreaking as KOTOR 1, since it is a sequel after all. An excellent sequel, but it doesn't have as much potential to be as critically acclaimed as KOTOR 1.

My GOTY Pick: Any remotely respectable gaming source has been calling Half-Life 2 the best game EVER MADE. I haven't seen a single respectable review source say any such thing about games like Halo 2 or GTA:SA anywhere. If there is any justice in this world, Half-Life 2 will be this year's GOTY.

I HATE FPS type games. but I have to agree with Spooky Electric. No other game can match HL2. The amount of work in developing such a complex engine is mind boggling. Amazing is the impressive details of the game such as facial impressions, interaction with almost every object etc. No GTA game deserves a GOTY because they all lack a proper storyline (which is an integral part of any game).

My GOTY Pick: Any remotely respectable gaming source has been calling Half-Life 2 the best game EVER MADE. I haven't seen a single respectable review source say any such thing about games like Halo 2 or GTA:SA anywhere. If there is any justice in this world, Half-Life 2 will be this year's GOTY.

It's called overhype. :devil:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I completely disagree with you on every point. Half-Life 2 was a shallow, trying-to-be-deep game, filled with nice graphics, art-design and a huge load of gimmicks.

A good game? Yes.

A GOTY? Overall? Nope.

Best game ever? That's like saying Terminator 2 is the best movie ever.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I completely disagree with you on every point. Half-Life 2 was a shallow, trying-to-be-deep game, filled with nice graphics, art-design and a huge load of gimmicks.

A good game? Yes.

A GOTY? Overall? Nope.

Best game ever? That's like saying Terminator 2 is the best movie ever.

Too often, isn't that what the "general" gamer deems a good game nowadays? Eye candy? It's a sad state of affairs. <_<