Spike TV video game awards

Just wondering, who here watched the Spike TV Video Game Awards? The best rpg title was Fable >_< Come on, kotor 2 shoulda got it. Some ppl made coments on Fable shouldnt have been rpg title. And the GOTY was GTA San Andreas, that got alot of awards. Its too bad that kotor 2 didnt get any. I hate those non - star wars fans or anti star wars ppl. What are your opinions? >_<

Was it nominated? If it wasn't, it probably will be nominated for 2005. I watched the highlights of 2003 Monday and KotOR won for best fantasy game and as I recall, HK-47 won for best video game character and KotOR was also nominated for game of the year. Of course, I could be confusing some awards, but if I didn't, then it's unlikely that KotOR 2 would be ignored.

Anyways, we'll find out next year. If it's not elligible for the X-Box games, it'll be elligible for the PC games.

My opinion is that the Spike TV Video Game Awards are completely ****ing retarded regardless of who won.

Totally!! it was so over the top cheesy i couldn't beleive it, and yeah to give goty to san andreas, over games like halo 2, and mgs3 is flat out disgusting! mgs3 is quite possibly the best game i think i have ever played. maybe second only to the orginal kotor!! anyway that spike tv awards show was a freaking joke!!

Definetly, San Andreas doesn't even have a proper storyline. MGS3 has a touching and intriguing plot unlike GTA where you get points by killing people. HALO2 wasn't the best game ever but it was definetly a good one. These idiots (Spike TV) don't know how to rate games...

I remember voting for one of these awards thingies and noticed that they didn't even have KOTOR2 listed as an option in the Game of the Year category. I did vote for it in XBox RPG of the Year, but because of its late release date and because of the major marketing hype of Fable and GTA:San Andreas (not to say it didn't deserve it), there was no way a game that came out in the final month of the year would win.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I doubt the PC version will be GOTY for 2005 because by Q4 2005, there will be a LOT of better games on the market. I'm not trying to insult KotOR but there will be better games, it can't remain the best forever... (Unless ofcourse we are dealing with the Atari 2600 - LONG LIVE THE ATARI 2600 :p)

I doubt the PC version will be GOTY for 2005 because by Q4 2005, there will be a LOT of better games on the market. I'm not trying to insult KotOR but there will be better games, it can't remain the best forever... (Unless ofcourse we are dealing with the Atari 2600 - LONG LIVE THE ATARI 2600 :p)

You never know. What games are lined up for 2005? All the anticipated "big boys" like HL2, Halo 2, GTA: SA, Fable, etc. have all been released in 2004.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You never know. What games are lined up for 2005? All the anticipated "big boys" like HL2, Halo 2, GTA: SA, Fable, etc. have all been released in 2004.

Final Fantasy XII

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

F.E.A.R

Call of Cthulu

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My opinion is that the Spike TV Video Game Awards are completely ****ing retarded regardless of who won.

Totally!! it was so over the top cheesy i couldn't beleive it, and yeah to give goty to san andreas, over games like halo 2, and mgs3 is flat out disgusting! mgs3 is quite possibly the best game i think i have ever played. maybe second only to the orginal kotor!! anyway that spike tv awards show was a freaking joke!!

now that is true

You never know.  What games are lined up for 2005?  All the anticipated "big boys" like HL2, Halo 2, GTA: SA, Fable, etc. have all been released in 2004.

Final Fantasy XII

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

F.E.A.R

Call of Cthulu

Not quite the same calibre of competition as the likes they faced in 2004.

Yea but those games haven't showed up on the PC yet so there will still be some hype when HALO 2, GTA 5, maybe MGS3 (unlikely to be ported :p ) get ported. Well, there could be certain games that will show up unannounced. Besides, there are some games which only become popular after they are released. At ONE TIME, people may not have thought of KotOR as being a huge success. Anything is possible. Also GOA, when is Jade Empire coming out? Isn't supposed to be a big hit and I am not too up to date with the latest gaming news.

PS : A new C&C game is coming out and we all know how they make a big hype...

Yea but those games haven't showed up on the PC yet so there will still be some hype when HALO 2, GTA 5, maybe MGS3 (unlikely to be ported :p ) get ported. Well, there could be certain games that will show up unannounced. Besides, there are some games which only become popular after they are released. At ONE TIME, people may not have thought of KotOR as being a huge success. Anything is possible. Also GOA, when is Jade Empire coming out? Isn't supposed to be a big hit and I am not too up to date with the latest gaming news.

PS : A new C&C game is coming out and we all know how they make a big hype...

As per the official JE site-

Jade Empire Availability: Calendar 1st quarter, 2005.

Obviously there will be some games released that will be successful. But my point is none have the anticipation that a game like Halo 2 or Half Life 2 or Doom 3 had.

I'm just saying that KOTOR2 has a better shot against the 2005 competition than it did against the 2004 competition.

Spike TV is prettystupid when you think about it. It genralizes males. Cars, beer, women, fighting and stupid things. The award show was a tad over the top to me. I mean, did those supermodels really wanna be hanging out with horny nerds? And they...didnt...read...off...a..teleprompter. <_<

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung