Workbench glitch try this it now works!!!

Ok i have not been able to use a workbench all game until now here is what i did it is a problem with the xbox memory cache!.

Take 3 games load them 1 at a time then load up the swkotorII TSL and it should work when previously it didn't. I took a old save on first level tried it and now can use the workbench try it out thank you Lucasarts for the help on this. Hopefully all my old mess ups will now work praying :D

Ok i have not been able to use a workbench all game until now here is what i did it is a problem with the xbox memory cache!.

Take 3 games load them 1 at a time then load up the swkotorII TSL and it should work when previously it didn't. I took a old save on first level tried it and now can use the workbench try it out thank you Lucasarts for the help on this. Hopefully all my old mess ups will now work praying :D

Upon further testing all my old glitch saves that did not work NOW WORK huge find here people if you are having problems try this out it does work!.

My MVrook save where i could not go any further either light or dark now works just beat him thank god it works.

Great find and thanks for the update on that maybe it will work for others.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hawkev2:

My personal experience is that this fix worked. My issues were that I couldn't use the workbench, my journal was blank, and I was trapped in the secret academy on Telos because my allies were not in the building.

Okay, I'll take you through what I did, plus how I screwed up. I have a new Xbox, the one that comes with one disc that has NCAA football 2005 and Top Spin. So to do the cache-clearing fix, I put in the first disc (madden football) and waited for it to load to the main menu. I shutdown and put in the next disc, the one with two games on it. I booted up to the main menu for NCAA football. Shutdown, left the disc in and booted up to the main menu for Top Spin. Shutdown, loaded up KotOR2.

Didn't work. I deleted saves from the hard drive via the memory screen. Tried to start a new game. No dice, same old bugs right from the start. THEN, I decided that maybe even though that one disc had two games, it was still treated as one by the Xbox. I did the whole process again, except I used an actual third disc in the process (Lord of the Rings: Third Age). Started a new Star Wars file.

It worked. The bug never popped up again for the rest of the game and I had only one glitch the rest of the way, a cutscene froze when I had a certain person in my party.

My belief is that I didn't have to delete those save games, and had I simply loaded up three different discs in the first place, my saves would have been playable. But I'm not sure.

So anyway, in short: load three different games (not including Star Wars) up to their main menus. These three games will then be stored in the Xbox cache and KotOR2 will be cleared out. Load up KotOR2 and it will properly renew its cache from the disc, clearing your problems. Hopefully.

Good luck.