Bye, Pierce

Kinbote

Pierce Brosnan has been fired (or, rather, his option has not been picked up) from the James Bond series.

On the one hand, I'm pleased--the guy's a mannequin.

On the other hand, I doubt that Eon will suddenly stop making garbage 007 movies. In a press release, they say they're considering a "younger Bond" and may show us Bond's first mission. I think Justin Timberlake would be perfect.

Lazenby was the best Bond. Seriously.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Hmm.. Jude Law is the front runner for the next one (atleast thats the speculation, combined with the press release of 'we want a younger bond' its a good bet)

Could be good. Still, I'm looking forward to Sky Captain (Ooooh.. All Bluescreen film. Lots o 3d goodness)

Frankly, I think Jude Law is too young. Bond never seemed to me to be someone too young. Jude Law is 31. Bond should be early 40s at least.

Too bad Brosnan left. He may not be the best bond but he was still good. Better than Dalton in my opinion.

While I don't have anything against Jude Law, it seems to be a wrong choice. Looks too young, doesn't exactly have the charm of what is to be expected of a Bond character, and is also a bit of a mannequin (his expressions seem forced). Hugh Jackman, for instance, would be a better choice in my opinion.

Pierce Brosnan has been fired (or, rather, his option has not been picked up) from the James Bond series.

On the one hand, I'm pleased--the guy's a mannequin.

On the other hand, I doubt that Eon will suddenly stop making garbage 007 movies. In a press release, they say they're considering a "younger Bond" and may show us Bond's first mission. I think Justin Timberlake would be perfect.

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE?!?!?!?!??!!

What's next? Britney Spears as head of 'Specter' ?

While I don't have anything against Jude Law, it seems to be a wrong choice. Looks too young, doesn't exactly have the charm of what is to be expected of a Bond character, and is also a bit of a mannequin (his expressions seem forced). Hugh Jackman, for instance, would be a better choice in my opinion.

Except he is Australian (although he plays a Canadian in the X-Men movies). James Bond should be British.

they should do another one off with sean connery like they did in 1981 or 82.

Connery was king.

Yes but I think Connery is getting a bit old for action movies. He is over 70 now and in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (a terrible movie) he wasn't that convincing to me.

As for the nationality of Bonds, Connery is Scottish, Lazenby is Australian, Dalton is Welsh, Brosnan is Irish. Roger Moore is the only true-blue Englishman to play the part, unless you can't David Niven, which I don't.

Nightblade, did you know that Britney Spears is actively campaigning for a role in the next Bond movie? (By the way, I have the frightening suspicion that not everyone knows I was kidding about the Timberlake comment.)

Revolver, I agree that On Her Majesty's Secret Service was the best in the series. As for Lazenby, he actually gave a pretty good performance, especially when for someone who had never acted before. He was just entirely wrong for the part.

Revolver, I agree that On Her Majesty's Secret Service was the best in the series. As for Lazenby, he actually gave a pretty good performance, especially when for someone who had never acted before. He was just entirely wrong for the part.

I agree with this. Lazenby did a great job, but wasn't Bond. If Dalton or Connery had been Bond for that movie, I imagine it would have been everyone's favorite (it's my fave, though that might be 'cause I have a thing for Teresa).

Revolver, I agree that On Her Majesty's Secret Service was the best in the series.  As for Lazenby, he actually gave a pretty good performance, especially when for someone who had never acted before.  He was just entirely wrong for the part.

I agree with this. Lazenby did a great job, but wasn't Bond. If Dalton or Connery had been Bond for that movie, I imagine it would have been everyone's favorite (it's my fave, though that might be 'cause I have a thing for Teresa).

what he said - but take connery out. he may have been the original bond (in the movies) but dalton gave bond a lot more profile. imo, of course.

if they are to make a movie about little james ;) i think jude law would be a very good choice indeed.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Connery was king.

Connery still is the king! ;) I haven't seen The league of "shiskebab" gentlemen, because I decided not to after seeing the TV commercial where it said that it was from the director of Blade movies.

Connery IMO was the best Bond, he was charming and tough. Roger Moore may have been good in Saint but he was too soft for a Bond. Brosnan was IMO nearly as good as Connery, but as someone said before the newer Bond movies were quite crappy if you count out the Aston Martin in the beginnig of Golden Eye :)

Connery IMO was the best Bond, he was charming and tough. Roger Moore may have been good in Saint but he was too soft for a Bond. Brosnan was IMO nearly as good as Connery, but as someone said before the newer Bond movies were quite crappy if you count out the Aston Martin in the beginnig of Golden Eye :)

Wow! My thoughts exactly.. Not often I see someone who thinks exactly like myself. What a weird feeling ;)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I enjoyed Spears' first movie for what it was. she definietly won't win any Oscars though. Of course, I think people underrate her musical talent just becasue they don't like women who flaunt themsleves as she does. Too bad too; as her singing is pretty good, imo. As for her being in Bond, as Strider suggsted, that can't be all bad since we all are aware how Bond women tend to be half naked. ;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

(it's my fave, though that might be 'cause I have a thing for Teresa)

Hey, I had a thing for her too! (But that wasn't why I thought it was the best one...)

Brosnan wouldn't be bad if they wrote the damn character right. Bond's all soft now- and the new movies are like BMW Films, except with more advertising and ridiculous plots...

About Dalton? I don't know... He always seemed a little sinister looking to be Bond. When I saw him in the Rocketeer, I didn't think, hey that's Bond! Of course I probably was too busy looking at Jennifer Connelly...