Questions to Devs - PC Style

Stop speculating. :huh: They haven't announced they had fixed the XBox bugs. :huh: It's all about logics. :] (I've just had an exam in logics - you know, a student of law)

Saying you just had an exam in logics doesn't make your point any more valid. I mean, for all we know you just failed that test.

Quite simply put, your argument is not logical :)

It's all about the method to defend one's statement, that's for sure. My first argument maybe wasn't accurate, but the second reflects to Jamie's statement. :-

Now, let's back to the topic. If we start such petty squables no developer will treat this topic seriously. :/

For me it means less reading/working space.

Sicne there are less horizontal lines in a screen.

You do know that widescreen doesn't mean they cut off the top, it means they add to the sides right?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've got only one question to Obsidian. *Why* haven't you fixed all those bugs the XBoze version had? :[

You guys keep forgetting that it is LucasArts that pushed these poor developers into a frenzy. Greedy-Ass LucasArts is the reason the game doesn't seem quite finished. A patch may very well see new content added, and definitely it will crush bugs.

Now that the game is out, Obsidian can patch it, and put the polish they wanted on it to begin with. These are top tier developers. They have brought us some of the sweetest gaming ever over the years. Do not underestimate them, and do not disrespect them.

Go bomb LucasArts. They do this to games a LOT. They don't care if it's quality, they just milk as much cash out of the battered StarWars franchise as they can get away with.

I really wish publishers would allow more time, and let people working on games think more creatively with a bit of breathing room. And for Christ's sake, don't announce your release date until things are pretty much wrapped up!!!

I think suggesting that someone "bomb" Lucasarts is a little over the top. Let's not be to quick to give Obsidian a pass and put the whole problem on Lucasarts. I agree they are greedy merchandizers, but the problems I'm currenlty have with KOTOR II are some of the same things I had with pre-patched KOTOR. I'm having that old can't move, or continous run laggy-ball-of-spit that happened on Taris in the original. Maybe it is just my PC, but I have a 256 MB Graphics card, 2G of memory, and two 2.0 Athlon MP processors. Everything worked fine until Datooine. Then I managed reload and go to Nar Shaada instead, and had no problems. I'm sure there will be a patch. That is just the unplayable problem I had. There are many other bugs and glitches that need to be addressed.

Anyone else have similiar problems?

I think suggesting that someone "bomb" Lucasarts is a little over the top.  Let's not be to quick to give Obsidian a pass and put the whole problem on Lucasarts.  I agree they are greedy merchandizers, but the problems I'm currenlty have with KOTOR II are some of the same things I had with pre-patched KOTOR.  I'm having that old can't move, or continous run laggy-ball-of-spit that happened on Taris in the original.  Maybe it is just my PC, but I have a 256 MB Graphics card, 2G of memory, and two 2.0 Athlon MP processors.  Everything worked fine until Datooine.  Then I managed reload and go to Nar Shaada instead, and had no problems.  I'm sure there will be a patch.  That is just the unplayable problem I had.  There are many other bugs and glitches that need to be addressed.

Anyone else have similiar problems?

IS there going to be downloadable content for the game? You guys have mentioned that there was going to be downloadable content for Xbox through Xbox Live. IS this still going to happen, and will this content be available for the PC version? If not, why? And if you cancelled the Xbox Live content, why did that get cancelled?

IS there going to be downloadable content for the game?  You guys have mentioned that there was going to be downloadable content for Xbox through Xbox Live.  IS this still going to happen, and will this content be available for the PC version?  If not, why?  And if you cancelled the Xbox Live content, why did that get cancelled?

Nope we Xboxers are up a creek without a paddle when it comes to patches. We were never really given a reason as to why it was dropped other than just there wasn't enough time.... though the code was there why it wasn't left is a question that never did get answered.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

i bought the game and it is german version and i dont know german.

i am living in austria but i am not austrian and it is weird that there is no setup to language .please tell me how can i play this game in english i need languave patch or something like that please help me.

i bought the game and it is german version and i dont know german.

i am living in austria but  i am not austrian and it is weird that there is no setup to language .please tell me how can i play this game in english i need languave patch or something like that please help me.

consider returning it to the store in exchange for an english version?

or get a refund and then order it online from gogamer.com or other inexpensive site where you know which language version you're buying?

as far as german to english language mods go, the only game i'm familiar with where that's done by fans at release is the gothic series.

V***V

well

whatever

nevermind

Not enough development time, too much stuff that got cut. And all the wrong stuff. God don't cut the ending, cut something more expendable why did it have to be the ending? It would have been better to even cut one of the NPC's out.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I've had crashing from the same kind of situation I had in K1 - even in the already patched versions. It is understandable to me if they were fixing what they took to be worse bugs rather than working on bugs people already knew about that would take a simple reload to fix.

Still, I'd like to see a patch. The worst bug I get is the game slowing down whenever there's mist. The lightsaber sometime remaining active is pretty disturbing, too. (who wants to see yourself(an avatar that resembles you makes this all the more freaky) stand up, but as she's getting up place her lightsaber blade through her hands - or even her neck?

It's just plain scary.

Fnord.

Still, I'd like to see a patch. The worst bug I get is the game slowing down whenever there's mist. The lightsaber sometime remaining active is pretty disturbing, too. (who wants to see yourself(an avatar that resembles you makes this all the more freaky) stand up, but as she's getting up place her lightsaber blade through her hands - or even her neck?

It's just plain scary.

the pc version seems to have collision issues or something. i never experienced (or atleast never noticed) this in the xbox version. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Why isn't this thread stickied any longer?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy