Do you find yourself aggressive online?

romeo_longsword

Hello, I ask myself, what is wrong with me!

Sometimes, looking back to the message I typed, I found it really quite defensive, and even sometimes, aggrassive!

What the hell is wrong with me, I rarely, or never speak and interact in such a way in real life, I would like to consider myself as an easy going person, but looking at some of the communication I had with others, its messed up!

:-

Im the ever-pleasant, always diplomatic aphex of nice.

...much because I know I would be banned in notime if I behaved like I normally do.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually I'm the same. For the most part I'm laid back, but I can be an ass if I want to be, in real life or on-line. :)

I guess I could say I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I regret a lot of situations where I sounded rude.

But having said that, I bloody hate thouse people who trying to kiss the butt of sombody important within the community, and use other people as a platform.

The other kind of people I feel out spoken to, are thouse 'role-player' who expolit 'somthing I could not find a word for it' to gain attention. For example, a person play a female character, and show off herself, and role-play relationship with another character, making them doing things to her advantage.

I met this one female character, who emotes herself, "smile brightly" or 'smile bright' after every dam line she say. Even when its a conversation where she is not the centre of attention, she would emote somthing like, "run her fingers through her silky hair". It took all my will power to resist myself to tell her that she is most unplesent to have around.

But thats is not as bad as thouse Roleplay Nazi, where they PM you every 2 second to do a roll on how well you've swimed across the river, jumped and cook. The worse part is, they are one of thouse who trying to show off their RP skill, at the same time, openly expose other people who is not as experienced in expressing themselves as characters. In which, make themsleves look good.

Sometimes, DM look for players to award, rather than, spoted smthing rp well. When they see sombody clearly showing off with detialed expression, these up their own butts people get the reward. While, I saw another player trying to help a new person to RP did not even get noticed.

These things, made me very outspoken, and somtimes, agreesive.

I dont know how I act :(

Its just one of those things when you struggle to precieve the way you come across to people but then again thats always been a problem for me. Im also paranoid but thats more to with growing up in country where the majority of people dont like you because your white trash but thats not an Issue I would like to go into.

I think I come across probably as an absent minded, raving, loonie (w00t) which something what Im like to people in person, unless I know you well in which case Im an as$hole as well.

EDIT: I have a deep self loathing problem something to do with how I grew up so that might taint my preception of myself

I don't know what the hell you're on about; but I'm getting pissed.

He's talking about playing games on-line (I'm guessing NWN here). Like with anything, there are sometimes some annoying people on PW servers, and I know the kind Romeo is referring to.

They can be extremely annoying in little ways that make you irrationally angry.

newlogo.gif

I was making a joke Phosphor: becoming irrationally angry over his post in a thread about becoming irrationally angry.

If it makes you feel better, I caught your joke. :)

Oh and yes I'm as sarcastic, if not moreso, in real life than I am on here. I'm actually quite nice online compared to offline. :D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I often end up in fights in real life, if that tells you anything..

Fights are fine as long as your on the right side. I mean in Zimbabwe me and my friends ganged up on this racist fellow and told him to better cut that sh!t out we dont tollerate that sh!t being said to our friends and acquaintences, or anybody really. He would apologize enough said :) .

I fall under the "more aggressive" in real life, at least in rancorous conversations. I find that the internet allows me time to cool down when writing a message. That period is simply unavailable to me in a normal discussion. Overall, though, I like folks and so I get along with virtually everyone. However, I am set in my convictions, which sometimes leads to less than friendly exchanges.

SO, I have a lot of friends, but my friends and I aren't always on friendly terms. I'm a rather demanding friend, but I'll drop everything to help a friend in need. *shrug*

As far as getting in fist fights in real life, I haven't been in a real fight for years and I don't intend to go out of my way to change that. Partly because I rather like most folks and partly because I think it's ridiculous to pride yourself on being aggressive. There's also the fact that I've learned over the years to have a good appreciation for the sanctity of my body, and fighting hurts, dammit. Then there's the fact that I'm 35 years old and it would be silly to go around like I was 19, looking to fight people for stupid reasons.

Being aggressive isn't a good thing. It's simply a necessity. Being a nice, decent person on or offline is a good thing. ...And I promise you that most of the folks I know from online would spend an awful lot of time looking at their shoelaces rather then jumping up to mix it up with other folks. People can always talk tough online about how they are offline.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"There, there now....we can't all be gifted."

Yeah, but at least people like you and me don't have to fear being backstabbed by brilliant and rapier like wits when unleashing it upon a physically superior yet mentally more insecure specimen. Lucky us, eh?

When you put it like that....

:-

manthing2.jpg