Sentinels - Hot or Not?

• 2 months later...
I wonder if the Sentinel actually has a better BaB than a consular this time, as it should have.  The damn Xbox manual doesn't even have the stat tables like PC manuals do. <_<

Err, ALL CLASSES HAVE THE SAME ATTACK BONUS PROGRESSION IN THIS GAME!! Check out Atton :D . As a scoundrel, he progresses at the exact same rate of 1 attack bonus per level.

Which makes this easy game even easier. I know some modders have put out one that adjusts class BAB progession to the way it should be.

Guardians get gypped the most in this game though. Force jump comes into play only with specific conditions and only when they get their lightsaber. Also weapon specialization is open TO ALL PRESTIGE CLASSES so I would suggest NEVER PICK Weapon Focus Lightsaber and Force Point Regeneration as feats as they ARE AUTOMATICALLY granted upon obtaining the prestige class. The only real advantage they have is Medium Armor proficiency for free. Also they DON'T really get the most feats in this game, there is only a difference of ONE feat between a 15th level Guardian and a 15th level Sentinel (whoop dee doo). Guardians do not have the same feat progression as soldiers. They will have more feats if you stick to the original classes as the levels go higher but why would you? You would go with the Prestige class as soon as your PC is eligible for it. One thing you have to remember with the Sentinel Immunities is at least they are ALWAYS active. Still you face very few Force users in this game and only until the very end that i agree a consular is definitely a very good choice.

Note the skills progression,

Guardians with intelligence 10 or less gets 1 skill pt per leve.

Consulars get 2 skill points per level

Sentinels get 3

ALL classes get a bonus skill point per level for every intelligence modifier.

So

CLASS FEATS SKILLS VITALITY POWERS

Consular Low Low Low High

Guardian Ave-High Average High Average

Sentinel Ave High Average Average

Hope this helps :blink:

I did like the number of skill points the sentinal got but my sentinal sruggled more with combat than my consular did. It could be because i choose more skill related feats but they do get more feats so i probably had just as many combat feats in the end.

Anyway it does not really matter as by the end of the game you are so powerful it is not much of a challenge.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Sentinels are brilliant except for one consular all 4 of my characters have had sentinel as their starting class.

Sentinel - Weapon Master/Maurader is probably my favourite combo.

Ironic that the one time I didnt choose sentinel as the base class Kreai stunned me and made very short work of me.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The immunities would be very useful *IF* any enemies except the final boss used those powers....................

They do,feats too.It's just normally they dont stay alive long enough to get the chance. Especially if your a consular with force storm.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The immunities would be very useful *IF* any enemies except the final boss used those powers....................

Well that Twilek Droidmaster in Telos does like to use concussion grenades and your character levels at that point usually have saves that are susceptible to those effects. Also some of the droids early on have flame throwers that cause fear/horror. Usually not a big problem.