What's Next

Grandpa

Give me an open-ended Shadowrun game, and I will be quite happy.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Alright then.

Obsidian should secure the rights to System Shock 3. :(

For those of you who havn't played System Shock 2, it's an RPG/FPS hybrid that makes Doom 3 seem about as scary an only slightly scary microsoft employe in a scary zombie mask. It's *so* damn good. IMO better than Half Life 2, and it came out in 1998!

Something more futuristic would be cool. Something in the line of Deus Ex maybe.

Shadowrun, baby, Shadowrun!

Not only is it a damned cool setting in and of itself, it has all the features Chris Avellone seems to work well with in games: dark setting, morally ambiguous characters, and the potential for whores whores whores, so many they outnumber all the other types of characters in-game combined! :):devil::devil:

Well....ok, that last one, maybe not so much.

Then again, a proper Shadowrun game needs to be more open-ended than story-driven, and while MCA has excelled at the latter my opinion is he has yet to prove himself in the former.

Nevertheless, someone out there needs to make another damn Shadowrun game.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

NO.  No more freaking DnD.

A completely and totally original title.

Agreed, I'm sick of fantasy games.

Especially DnD... though Eberron "might" be ok since it's "odd" enough.

Obsidian should beg Microsoft for the rights to do a Shadowrun game.

Couldnt agree more. A well done 3E SR game would be a excellent PC game I would love to see made. SR is a well developed game system with a very interesting background.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I'd rather they stuck with DnD. I think they will do so for commercial reasons if nothing else. Look at what happened to Black Isle with Lionheart.

A 3d, 3.5 edition version of BG would probably do well. If they could convert BG1, BG2 and both expansions at the same time they'd have a monster smash on their hands.

Exactly, it's old, it's been done, and it needs to be pushed to the side.

Look at how many fantasy games have come out lately, the concept is so boring that companies seem to be trying desperately to come up with new ways to present it... and always come short.

Baring Shadowrun... I'd love to see a basic Cyberpunk setting.

Lionheart was a bad game. Saying that "getting away" from D&D equals failure is silly.

There are tons of D&D titles that fail despite the license. Anyone see how D&D Heroes sold? What about Demon Stone?

Plenty of great RPGs have sold well that have had nothing to do with D&D.

You can get away from D&D and have a successful game.

Lionheart failed because no one advertised the game, and the game wasn't fun to play. The built-it fanbase who enjoyed the Black Isle games were immediately turned off at the idea of butchering SPECIAL and jumping to real time combat.

I think another problem is that they attempted to cover too many bases.

SPECIAL

Check...

REAL TIME DIABLO-COMBAT, HEALTH/MANA SYSTEM and EQUIPMENT SYSTEM

Check...

Some things aren't meant to be mixed and matched.

something to do with ninjas. everyone loves ninjas... and it hasn't been done before!

or go sci-fi and do something with warhammer 40k, great universe.

or what about a remake of that one sci-fi game, that really old one...where you had to type text to get your char on screen to do stuff (like, if you wanted to push something, you had to type out "push chair"..and if you spelled it wrong, it didn' work)...