What's Next

Grandpa

A simple posting with a simple question.

We know NWN2 is in the works. I was just wondering what OE was eyeing for their next project. New license? Another follow-up? Game, engine, game and engine?

Just curious if anyone at OE came up with any ideas yet.

But I'm hoping for Pong 2, or Barbie Fashion Rancher.

You did the 1up.com review of TSL didn't you. :-"

I'm kind of anxious to find out what else Obsidian has up their sleeve. Hopefully it's their own original title so we can see what they've got when they've got absolutely no constraints placed upon them. Thus far, the two games they've worked (working) on, although not necessarily sequels, were follow ups that probably needed to adhere to specific conditions.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Sadly, it is usually up to the publisher (not the developer) to determine when a developer can announce what they're working on.

That is if they are working with a publisher. It used to begame companies created a game then set out looking for a publisher to help them get it to market.

Bioware, for example, set out on its own to create game engines for games they hoped to do, then got publishers to foot the bills.

I'm sure that, given the history and talents of some of the OE crew, there are some rumblings going on about what they would like to do next. I was just wondering if it is OC or are they looking for work.

By my math, there may be a small crew doing preproduction and tossing around ideas on their next project, but last I heard NWN2 was getting a large bunch of the KOTOR:2 crew, including MCA.

My guess is that they'll hire again for their next project real soon if it's KOTOR:3, or if it's a new IP of their own, they'll wait to hire until they get a publisher lined up.

A simple posting with a simple question. 

We know NWN2 is in the works.  I was just wondering what OE was eyeing for their next project.  New license?  Another follow-up?  Game, engine, game and engine?

Just curious if anyone at OE came up with any ideas yet.

If they make a follow up to any of Bioware's games than they should vastly improve the engine (NWN2) but i think they should do something original, even though i really want them to do KOTOR III. I guess Bioware will have to make KOTOR III.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Just a side note for the "who should do KOTOR III discussion":

If OE can't do it for some reason, and BIOWARE can't do it for some reason, I sure hope they (LA) don't hire Troika.

Thanks, and back to the thread.

I think Obsisian sould make a neocron-esque (less violent though) gigantic FR MMORPG that spans the planes, with each plane being dedicated to a server.

it would have to have an evolving story, dependant on what people do...

Now i think about, it might be a bit... over the top. And hard to make.

Just a side note for the "who should do KOTOR III discussion":

If OE can't do it for some reason, and BIOWARE can't do it for some reason, I sure hope they (LA) don't hire Troika.

Thanks, and back to the thread.

I don't think I'd buy it if that were the case.

Ok I might. But my complaining would make Hades_One seem like a quiet alter boy.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Exactly.  DnD is nice and all, but I have become rather sick of it.  Fantasy has become old and I want something new and different..

What other "settings" are there? I'm asking out of curiosity rather than out of sarcasm, since my knowledge of this stuff goes only so far as to games like NWN, BG, KOTOR, FO and now PS:T.

Shadowrun

Rifts

Battletech/Mechwarrior

7th Sea

Legend of the Five Rings

TORG

Earthdawn (though that is fantasy)

World of Darkness (Old... Troika has that or new... which seems to suck royally)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Warhammer 40k... would love to be a kick ass inquistor rooting out good and evil and everything else that is suspect... :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein