Is int still a dump stat?

Just wondering. (since I don't have a xbox). How important is int score this time around.

All the other 5 stat are very useful. As they all directly affect one's combat abilities one way or another, but int score is left in the dust that not many people uses.

I heard the skill point thing was finally fixed, and that new dialog options will be available for high int score. But really, how important is it really compared to, say, dex that improve armor by great deal, or wis that's the center of force power.

I know that to craft items certain amount of skill ranks are needed, However, since you can get your party members to craft those items. It ends up not being all that useful.

I know it is now at least a useful stat. (Unlike in KOTOR 1, cough, cough), but how important is it relative to the other 5.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much skills mattered in this game (as opposed to the first). You'll need them if you plan on creating items/weapons/armor/upgrades through components...but I suppose you would be able to rely on your party members for that.

But, like already stated, intelligence and especially awareness open up a good number of dialogue options. And sometimes this can help you gain influence with party members.

Well, I heard that high Intelligence, Wisdom, and Awarness matter in dialogue, along with Persuade and Charisma, so I'm guessing that consulars wouldn't actually be bad idea...

It would acutally make sense that upgrading INT, WIS, and CHA over DEX, CON, and STR because you get more dialogue options(WIS helps awareness, and CHA for persuade), as well as the WIS/CHA giving you a serious Force advantage. Throw in skills based off INT and all you need is a "tank" to stay in front and take your damage.

Yes. INT is very worthwile in this game. I would highly recommend it.

Cool, thanks everyone. It would be really cool if different character can craft different set of items, and make it so the best items can only be crafted by the PC, that way skill would have been even more useful. O well.

Another question though, lets say your character has 14 int, that means 2 extra skill point per level. If you get an item/implant that has, say, 4 bonus to int, and you end up with 18 int, do you get 4 extra skill points per level, or it stays at 2? Thanks.

I guess since int is never directly combat related (except for sniper shot, but lets face it, range combat is weak in KOTOR), it is kinda hard to gauge its full usefulness.

Just wondering. (since I don't have a xbox).  How important is int score this time around.

All the other 5 stat are very useful.  As they all directly affect one's combat abilities one way or another, but int score is left in the dust that not many people uses.

Uselful? In what way exactly are Str, Dex & Con useful? You can have 2 NPC's figting instead of you; You cannot have them talking, you have to do this youself. *cough* Int, Wis & Cha should get all (minus 4) stat points at the beginning fo the game :devil:"

I heard the skill point thing was finally fixed, and that new dialog options will be available for high int score.  But really, how important is it really compared to, say, dex that improve armor by great deal, or wis that's the center of force power.

I know that to craft items certain amount of skill ranks are needed, However, since you can get your party members to craft those items.  It ends up not being all that useful.

I know it is now at least a useful stat.  (Unlike in KOTOR 1, cough, cough), but how important is it relative to the other 5.

Like in P:Torment, points are best spent on 'mental' stats. Is +1 to Def/AB really worth 20-30 dialogue options? 10 weapons you cannot craft because you didn't get required parts/crystals in dialogues? All the lost influence over NPC's? <_< etc. etc. :(

F.

Cool, thanks everyone.  It would be really cool if different character can craft different set of items, and make it so the best items can only be crafted by the PC, that way skill would have been even more useful.  O well.

Another question though, lets say your character has 14 int, that means 2 extra skill point per level.  If you get an item/implant that has, say, 4 bonus to int, and you end up with 18 int, do you get 4 extra skill points per level, or it stays at 2?  Thanks.

I guess since int is never directly combat related (except for sniper shot, but lets face it, range combat is weak in KOTOR), it is kinda hard to gauge its full usefulness.

Why don't you just max out your INT, and then use implants and belts to make up for your DEX, STR, and CON.

Cool, thanks everyone.  It would be really cool if different character can craft different set of items, and make it so the best items can only be crafted by the PC, that way skill would have been even more useful.  O well.

Another question though, lets say your character has 14 int, that means 2 extra skill point per level.  If you get an item/implant that has, say, 4 bonus to int, and you end up with 18 int, do you get 4 extra skill points per level, or it stays at 2?  Thanks.

Why don't you just max out your INT, and then use implants and belts to make up for your DEX, STR, and CON.

Items that affect your INT don't affect your skill points per level.

And I am actually playing a Sentinel right now with maxed int (he's gonna be a blaster Jedi, and use Snipere Shot, so I wanted high INT) pretty fun so far, but I am still just starting.