Revan or The Exile

In response to post #1:

I think Revan is a much more in-depth character, I would give some reasons supporting this but it was indicated by the author not to post spoilers.

In responce to post #50:

Sion may have been more powerful do to what he was taught at the Trayus academy, if Malak had gone there I'm sure he would have increased power mirroring that of Sion or Nihilus (although I'm not sure I would call it "power" that Nihilus learnt, I thaught it more of a weakness)

I don't think Kreia cared so much about the balance between light and dark as G0-T0/Goto claimed to, I think her purpose was more the destruction of both sides using the exile as their means of destruction.

I would prefer the Exile. As stated above, he is stronger than Revan, the most powerful Knight of the Old Republic (before Anakin). In K3, I would want to see them fighting together. The problem of how Revan looks can be solved like this:

<New party member in K3> How did Revan look like?

<Main character> I can't tell you in words. I can draw you a description, though:

The drawing would be a list of faces for Revan from K1.

Oddly enough, I began to like Revan more as I played through the Sith Lords.

The backstory of the Exile is more compelling but I think that Revan is still much more powerful.

I had the same feeling. I felt myself getting almost nostalgic for Revan and 'the old gang' as I played the game.

Especially after I unlocked the video recording of Bastila talking about Revan leaving for the unknown regions T3 carries around.

Revan is, for KOTOR II, the ultimate (wo)man of Mystery. Why did s/he leave, and (IMHO, more importantly) why not take anyone else with him/her? Why tell absolutely no one except T3 the details of what s/he was doing? If the 'Real Sith' are such a threat, why not stay at home and rally the Republic to fight them rather than charging off on a lone crusade against an unknown empire and abandoning friends and loved ones without explanation?

If we never discover the answer to these questions, I'll find it quite aggravating.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

But I have a question about the Exile's powers. What was the significance of the Exile

absorbing the Jedi Master's powers

? This didn't make sense to me since we learn that the exile lost his connection to the force

by his own will rather than that of the Council

To your question a question:

why do you think the Exile, who (if we're to judge by the droid on Dantooine) was considered little more than a mediocre or average Jedi who just happened to make easy Force bonds with people by the Masters of the Academy, suddenly comes back to Republic space and turns into a Jedi that surpasses everyone?

The answer helps answer your original question. Malachor V cut him off totally from the Force. He was no longer Force Sensitive, as we understand it. Rather, he became something of a black hole for the Force; when he slew someone, he would suck them dry of their Force essence in order to fuel and power himself, unknowingly. He was a 'wound' in the Force, and his powers and abilities were all stolen to one extent or another. He was once a mediocre Jedi; now he can reach heights Revan could only dream of, because as he destroys his enemies he claims some amount of their Force power and essence for himself.

That's why he absorbed their power. He was doing the same to everyone he killed; it's just the Jedi Masters had a lot more power to spare, and therefore it manifested itself more obviously.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

They could only bring the droids and mandalore back into the game. Because they always lived. I think the reason Raven went alone if he was good he knew he could not protect his love ones. If raven was evil he no longer trust anyone and wanted the power for himself. I think the Exile will become the next Darth Nihilus. Nihilus or soin only wanted to destroy the jedi they could care less about the sith empire. though Nihilus would have turned once the jedi were gone. I also never got the feeling they wanted control of the sith empire. maybe they didn't know about the star forge or maybe they did and wanted nothing to do with it.

I think Raven knew to get the Exile on his side because he made bonds so easy. Raven used the exile bonds to change the jedi he fought with before the exile lost the force. by that time raven had his army. I don't think it took much to break a jedi. Most probably joined the sith for a good reason. Stop slavery, protect your love ones etc... Plus most jedi already hated the sith and the ones that could not control their hate fell faster.

I think the Exile will become the next Darth Nihilus. 

I'm not sure how your game went, because I was playing an LS male, but the whole story behing my Exile was that he wouldn't beome someone like Nihilis or Sion. Unlike these other two who were also wrought from the horrors of Malachor V, the Exile mangeed to retain his humanity - whilst Sion & Nihilus went too far. They couldn't give up the force like the Exile could; this weakness is what ultimately lead to their demise. Like Obi-Wan said, many things are greatly dependant on your point of view. And while the Jedi Masters saw the Exile as the Death of the Force, Visas saw him as hope for all life - and to live wihout the Force isn't necessarily a curse...but a gift. :)

manthing2.jpg

I played both sides and on the DS the exile gets his power from others. So I feel even being good he will drain the force from the people around him. I also think thats why he still alive. So even if he didn't want to he would still drain off others. Its like drain in a pool as long as he uses the force he will take from others.

I played both sides and on the DS the exile gets his power from others. So I feel even being good he will drain the force from the people around him. I also think thats why he still alive. So even if  he didn't want to  he would still drain off others. Its like drain in a pool as long as he uses the force he will take from others.

He makes force bonds easily, yes. But that bond implies a sharing, not just a taking. That is why he feels the pains of his companions and they feel his. He doesn't 'drain' life to exhaustiion - that what Nihilus does because Nihilus is a different kind of wound. Instead he draws on their strenght but doesn't drain them : this is how he inspires other

manthing2.jpg

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I have to ask: why don't people think the Exile him/herself is Revan?

I mean, you wake up on a ship not knowing who you are, who you were before. The records on the Ebon Hawk have been erased, giving you no idea about where you've been -- you could've been to places beyond the Outer Rim for all you know, but the records have been... removed.

Aren't the Exile and Revan one and the same person?

There are references to Revan in the third person, of course, but that might just be a reference to identity (one which you don't remember now, or have forgotten, or is acknowledged as part of a past you do not belong to anymore).

Does Revan have the ability to form the same sort of bonds the Exile does? Was this bond a fundtion of Revan's personal charisma as a leader, or were the members of the Jedi Council of the opinion that the Exile drew on others the same way Revan drew on others?

What gives?

So.. um.. is it possible or has this question been settled already?

To #55: It's Revan not Raven..

"At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I have to ask: why don't people think the Exile him/herself is Revan?

I mean, you wake up on a ship not knowing who you are, who you were before. The records on the Ebon Hawk have been erased, giving you no idea about where you've been -- you could've been to places beyond the Outer Rim for all you know, but the records have been... removed.

There are references to Revan in the third person, of course, but that might just be a reference to identity (one which you don't remember now, or have forgotten, or is acknowledged as part of a past you do not belong to anymore).

Does Revan have the ability to form the same sort of bonds the Exile does? Was this bond a fundtion of Revan's personal charisma as a leader, or were the members of the Jedi Council of the opinion that the Exile drew on others the same way Revan drew on others?

What gives?

So.. um.. is it possible or has this question been settled already?"

To #60:

First, you dont "wake up" not remembering you're past...

You emerge from you're drugged "stupor" as the HK-50 droid puts it..And the exile doesnt remember the events of the past few years because he wasnt present during these events, he was exiled spending much time out of touch with galactic events (or did you forget that small detail?)....The Ebon Hawk's "records" (perhaps you are refering to the Navi-Computer?) werent deleted, they are simply locked most probably by Revan to hide his/her destination.

To think that the Exile *is* Revan is retarded, it only shows you didnt pay attention to the storyline and where OE was going with it..if infact the exile turns out to be revan (because KotOR III isnt out yet) then it will turn out to be a surprisingly un-creative plot twist.

• 2 months later...

Now that the PC version has been out for a while, I would like to hear what people now think about the two main characters of KOTOR.

As for me, I liked The Exile more than Revan for a number of reasons. I felt more for the Exile, than I ever did for Revan. Revan was just some superman who was perfect, while The Exile was more of a human; both with flaws and strengths.

Also, with The Exile, you had more control over your past. In KOTOR I you had little to say about your past actions, you were not able to say why Revan went to war over various past actions of his/hers. In KOTOR II you can tell why The Exile left for The Maladorian War in several points in the game. You could say you left the war for just reasons or for more selfish ones.

Anyway, that's enough rambling; I want to know what you guys think.

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I have to ask: why don't people think the Exile him/herself is Revan?

I mean, you wake up on a ship not knowing who you are, who you were before.  The records on the Ebon Hawk have been erased, giving you no idea about where you've been -- you could've been to places beyond the Outer Rim for all you know, but the records have been... removed.

Does Revan have the ability to form the same sort of bonds the Exile does?  Was this bond a fundtion of Revan's personal charisma as a leader, or were the members of the Jedi Council of the opinion that the Exile drew on others the same way Revan drew on others?

What gives?

So.. um.. is it possible or has this question been settled already?

Not at all possible. Remember that you choose who Revan was in the beginning. And if your a male Exile, and meet with Carth, who discusses his LOVE for female Revan...well...he is going to be quite surprised...And I say Revan kicks Exiles ass.

I'll choose over Exile than Revan anytime.

Reasons:

1. The decisions given to the player in KOTOR2 is much more....flexible I should say. You are able to give variety of options that will result in the kind of person you wish Exile to be.

2. As someone stated before somewhere above, the Exile's a pretty much flawed character. I personally have more sympathies for flawed heroes than a perfect one. Since the Exile can be considered as an anti-hero depending on how you play him, he's got my vote :devil:

3. Lastly, come on folks. You got to admit that the Exile's got a better sense of humour than Revan! :devil: Some of his lines sure cracked me up

I prefer the Exile there was much more openess about the character. The problem I had with Revan was that I could never justify playing DS till after that Leviathon because in the story context why would the jedi replace one DS personality with another false one ? Makes zero sense at all. The only reason it might happen is because the player dosnt realise it until late in the game, but then that makes a nonsense of the story of you being given a false personality dosnt it?

Because the exile had been away for 10 years, they could have either come to terms with what happened, or that resentment could be have been building looking for an outlet. In either case, the type of Exile you become was a much more natural progression.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Just to point out, if you are going simply on pure power, for dark side, in my own opinion Exar Kun is THE most powerful dark jedi/sith whatever you want to call him, even moreso than Revan, The Exile, Vader or Old Man Palpy; and Exar Kun is at th every least certianly one of the strongest force users.

That aside, I too started appreciating Revan more as I am playing KOTOR2. The Exile is pretty cool, I like her (its a her for me anyway, my evil rpg characters are always female, and then my goody two-shoes wussies are male, and yes I am a male) But not as much as Revan, and I also believe that level-cap business aside; Revan would mop the floor with The Exile.

Although I do agree with the person who said The Exile has a great sense of humor; great fun for Darksiders to be had on Nar Shadda. *minor spoilers*

Such as telling the Trandoshan and.. Gran (I think) to give me their money and jump off the landing pad with Force Persuade; and some guy says "You picked the wrong compartment to walk in on uninvited" (or something to that effact) And you can reply with "Yeah, well you picked the wrong room to DIE in" Good stuff.

*end of spoilers*

I just enjoyed being Revan, I actually the felt the opposite that most people feel, that I had more room to be myself, if you will, as Revan, because your memory is wiped essentially making you a new person, in an old body. Perhaps this will change as I am not quite finished, however I think its winding down as I just offed Nihlis.

*another spoiler*

Was he suppoused to be pretty easy? I mean I know he "eats the force", but physically he seemed rather weak and unskilled with a lightsaber, Visas and myself ripped Nilhis a new one.

I'll go with the Exile. I enjoyed his story, and the revelation towards the end of the game was a real shock... That scene with the Jedi Masters was really intense. Unlike Kotors lamer... "OMFG I am the REVAN! What shock, enough thought everything has been hinting at this from the start of the game!" (was still good, despite how obvious it was :)).