Freezing, Glitches, & Broken Quests

Curious here. Have you had problems with game freezes, workbench glitches, broken quests, or errors concerning T3? If yes, specify which type.  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Curious here. Have you had problems with game freezes, workbench glitches, broken quests, or errors concerning T3? If yes, specify which type.

• Yes, game freezes (black screen, freezing, etc.).
    • Yes, workbench issues.
    • Yes, broken/uncompletable quests.
    • Yes, issues concerning T3.
    • Nope, mine works fine.

I had one freeze-up in the action part of the game. While I realize it should never ever have happened, it was kinda my fault for double-punching some buttons when the 'Box was in the middle of processing a bunch of new information, so it was kinda my fault.

I've gotten several freeze ups while working on the workbench, but only when I'm doing tons of work on the workbench (breaking down several unneeded items, making several new upgrades for weapons, switching belts and implants and headgear to be able to build different things requring different skill levels.

I've worked around the problem by making a point of saving the game fairly frequently while I'm at the bench.

I also have some slowdowns when big fights are in progress or about to commence. Nothing major

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a real one. When I found out Atton's little secret, after having the whole chat... i decided to help him with that thingy he wanted to try (very hard not to be a spoiller about this one)... i was happy, he was happy. Then a couple of saving ahead, still in the Nar Shaddaa, when i loaded the game, he was back to the normal scout Atton. <_< ... i had to do all over again. Lucky for me, i'm other of those who save the game before getting into any new environment or talking to anyone, so i lost about 2 to 3 hours of the game only.

I wonder if when i'm back to home tonight and i load the game again he will be the new or the old Atton...

I was so looking forward to this game and i think it is amazing (i haven't finished yet tho - i'm in the UK and we only got the game last friday)... but the bugs are annoying and sometimes get in the way of the gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

well blessed sith i put meria and vissa in my party and met with the militia again how many times well ive lost count and the dialog starts then it switches the party to my main character so im a single player without my party members so im still getting the pich black screen of doom so what am i suposed to do now huh??????? :angry: ;)

Revans_Droid_HK-47.jpg

Revan.png

My freeze happened in the tomb when you get the flashbacks. At a certain battle, the game would freeze, my controller would rumble and the sound would go ''eehhhhhhhhh" (ie. annoying noise).

It seemed to happen when I rushed into the battle lightsabres blaring, so after having to restart about 5 times in a row I took it easy, just auto attacked instead of casting stuff and I finally got through that section!

Something I forgot to mention yesterday, but since it just happened to me again I thought I would. While saving it freezes and the only thing to do is to reboot my x-box. Then when you go back to the save, it's damaged and I have to go to an earlier save and do everything I just did for the last 20 or 30 min.  Man I love this game!

Are you overwriting the same slot alot? The reason I ask is because the bug you're experiencing sound identical to the one in KOTOR - I later found out that it's a problem with the way the game saves, and one that has been carried over to KOTOR II (it even says 'Save frequently, and in different slots' on one of the load screens. I learnt my lesson, and as a result haven't overwritten a single slot - my Xbox has 50,000+ slots, and I'll damn well use them all for an easier life!!

I've only (!) had the game crash on me twice (both hangs whilst loading) - it sucks, but at least it doesn't seem to have as many major bugs as KOTOR I - just lots of smaller niggly ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i had lag in dantooine and refugee area of nar shadda and the npcs switching between light and dark side all the time

Statement: the refugee area also slows on my PC even after eradicating all the meatbag factions that opposed the refugees. (both sides)

Additional statement: my game also has quit by itself twice during my play, not a big deal as i save often and on different slots. but an annoyance all the same.

So far, I've seen no official comment from the dev team addressing any of these issues.  I've emailed LucasArts tech support, and am awaiting their reply.  Anyone else had any luck with official sources?

I'm closing this because

A) It's not useful

B) Has flowrn off-topic

C) Doesn't make any sense because most people who visit a tech-support forum are having problems with the game... that's why they visit tech-support forums.

SiO2