Freezing, Glitches, & Broken Quests

Curious here. Have you had problems with game freezes, workbench glitches, broken quests, or errors concerning T3? If yes, specify which type.  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Curious here. Have you had problems with game freezes, workbench glitches, broken quests, or errors concerning T3? If yes, specify which type.

• Yes, game freezes (black screen, freezing, etc.).
    • Yes, workbench issues.
    • Yes, broken/uncompletable quests.
    • Yes, issues concerning T3.
    • Nope, mine works fine.

So far, I've seen no official comment from the dev team addressing any of these issues. I've emailed LucasArts tech support, and am awaiting their reply. Anyone else had any luck with official sources?

I haven't had a single problem. I'm about 25 hours into the game and its been one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had with a video game. The storyline is just as compelling as the Star Wars novels and I don't think I've played a game with better game play.

Kudos Obsidian.

Never had a problem with this or Kotor I but I do know glitches exist as so many complain about them in both games ( well I guess you can count one glitch, in kotor I the Darth Bandon sabaer glitch I discovered after the game just came out and now everyone plagerizes my post off the Bioware forum and put it in there Faqs, stupid thiefs, I still cant after all this time get a single bioware employee to confirm if it was a left out game element or glitch even though they used to visit the forums every days back then and answered all my post but that one I just hope the game developers here are more helpfull and respond more to our questions in these forums). I guess it comes down to how you play if youll experience them, like the glitches with certain characters on the Leviathan on Kotor 1 which I luckily missed. Then agian I rented Kotor II so I am not far in the game as I want to wait to finish it till I get to open the copy my brother got me for christmas, I hate waiting I should give him the game back and just buy it myself and finish it now. Only probs with Kotor II I have had are framerate at times.

Just for the record, I've seen a lot of people complain about technical issues with ahem....backed-up copies of KOTOR on various X-Box technical forums.

If this was intentional on Obsidian's part, then kudos to you. Piracy is bad enough, but stealing for a good, start-up RPG house is really bad form.

Just for the record, I've seen a lot of people complain about technical issues with ahem....backed-up copies of KOTOR on various X-Box technical forums.

If this was intentional on Obsidian's part, then kudos to you.  Piracy is bad enough, but stealing for a good, start-up RPG house is really bad form.

Yeah I hope they did incorporate that, I got mad when I saw the news of people pirating Halo 2 and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas before they were released, look how much time the developers put in games Fable was 4-5 years if ya wanna count the time they started on it before xbox was even out. Companies need to do that. Good news is the Feds raided gamestores in three state and arested employees awhile ago for selling modded Xbox systems with games on there harddrive I am glad they did it and hope no one gets ideas or doing that with this or any other game.

I got four major glitches (I think, give or take a glitch), and my brother got a glitch or semi-glitch.

I guess I'll put it into spoilers so if anyone else comes across these, they'll know what to do instead of wasting time figuring it out for themselves. But I can't remember them all . . .

When you're shooting the Sith with the gun turret when you first get in the Ebon Hawk, if you let Sith on board the ship, when it cutscene's to Atton starting up the ship, it'll freeze there. Do not let Sith on the ship.

In the temple on Korriban when you go through your past, if you die in any part of them, the exit door will not open. Save before each section and if you die, reload. If you save after a death, hope you have a recent autosave.

When you go to the Jedi Council on Dantooine (late in the game), if you do not have Kreia in your party, the game freezes. If you do not take her in your party, she'll show up as she should. It seems normal and should work, but then when you enter the Council room, as it pans over the area, it freezes. I solved this (after a few trys) by taking Kreia with me in my party, and it stopped freezing.

I can't remember my other glitch but I'm sure I had one.

My brother's just happened. He killed Visquis because he saved the little girl. But we're both Sith. So his DS character should have got Mira to my way of thinking because with Visquis gone, he can't get the wookie (who I got). But then Visquis suddenly rises from the dead to spring the trap on my brother's character and it proceeds as if he never died in the first place. I say it's a semi-glitch because it isn't right, but it doesn't stop you from playing and doesn't make the game unplayable.

It might just be my disk, and other people may get other glitches, but watch out for these, just in case.

For the record: my glitches had nothing to do with piracy.

What was the Bandon sabre glitch? I never came across it . . . And there were character glitches on the Leviathan? I think I used everyone on it, and some multiple times (yeah, I've played THAT many times) and never hit any. Now I'm curious . . . TSL is the first time I've ever really hit major glitches.

And yeah, sometimes the framerate is stilted, but it doesn't *really* affect the game, it's just bothersome. It doesn't seem to happen *too* often though. Luckily I haven't had the black screen of doom O_O That'd be the last straw :(

I experience hang ups on the loading screens a lot, but I'm pretty sure it's due to my XBox and not the game. Mine is the first model released and it has problems reading the newer dvds. It will even lock up when reading movie dvds. I'm a little over 20 hrs into the game and on the 4th world, and I haven't experienced any other problems except for a little "warping" due to the framerate dropping at times, which is only compounded by my XBox's loading problems.

If this was intentional on Obsidian's part, then kudos to you.  Piracy is bad enough, but stealing for a good, start-up RPG house is really bad form.

I do not see how this will help them if they did intentionally do this to people. They should make a press release if they actually did this.Since people would just blame sloppy coding, and not buy the game. Makes me wonder if they actually did.

I'm now 30+ hours into this game and I've yet to come across any problems. Of course a lot of the things you guys are talking about hardly seem like actual glitches. Incomplete missions? Are you sure you just haven't finished them yet? Some of the missions I've started took going to several planets to finish.

I can't just pick 1 so-

Yes, game freezes (black screen, freezing, etc.).

Yes, workbench issues.

Yes, broken/uncompletable quests.

Yes, issues concerning T3.

Those are my problems the one that is frustrating is the workbench i can not use them which sucks because i would like to upgrade alot of stuff but can't. If that worked then i can live with all of the other glitches because i have a default saber and everything else. The people that are not having problems do you have a new xbox?. Mine is old 2002 thompson drive :(

I'm now 30+ hours into this game and I've yet to come across any problems.  Of course a lot of the things you guys are talking about hardly seem like actual glitches.  Incomplete missions?  Are you sure you just haven't finished them yet?  Some of the missions I've started took going to several planets to finish.

It seems like a problem with scripts that check for/set global variables. check my post here: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=26763

It happenes depending on where you save your game and where you die and reload.

I am having mega issues with the black screen of death locking up and owning me. Seriously it is quite frustrating. Not only has money been wasted but time as well.

Is there any sure fix to stop the game from freezing?

For me it is freezing in Telos when I am trying to acquire the greeter droid from Czerka Corporation. After I get the engineer papers it freezes EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to enter Czerka compound.

Come on Obsidian, help a brother out!

I am having mega issues with the black screen of death locking up and owning me. Seriously it is quite frustrating. Not only has money been wasted but time as well.

Is there any sure fix to stop the game from freezing?

For me it is freezing in Telos when I am trying to acquire the greeter droid from Czerka Corporation. After I get the engineer papers it freezes EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to enter Czerka compound.

Come on Obsidian, help a brother out!

Try the load 3 games trick it might help you out!. Its in my oher topic about problems with the workbench. Load 3 games 1 after another for a few seconds then load up KOTORII and see if it happens.

Well, the only glitch I experienced in the Light Side was in Korriban when you reach Kreia and are faced with fighting her or your party. After I fought off the rest of my party, she's supposed to disappear, but she didn't, so I talked to her again, and the scene repeated itself. So I got double the light points.

But the biggest glitch I've found is in the DS. My brother just told me about this yesterday. He said that once he got to Dantooine where you are supposed to meet the Jedi Masters (provided you play LS), the game just focuses on a blank space as if they Masters are supposed to be there, but will do nothing else. I'm guessing this is a DS only glitch, as it didn't happen to me, but I really need to know if it's just my disc that's messed up, so I can return it, or if the game itself is suffering from massive bugs.

This is starting to sound eerily like the Star Ocean 3 recall debacle in Japan....

Well, the only glitch I experienced in the Light Side was in Korriban when you reach Kreia and are faced with fighting her or your party. After I fought off the rest of my party, she's supposed to disappear, but she didn't, so I talked to her again, and the scene repeated itself. So I got double the light points.

But the biggest glitch I've found is in the DS. My brother just told me about this yesterday. He said that once he got to Dantooine where you are supposed to meet the Jedi Masters (provided you play LS), the game just focuses on a blank space as if they Masters are supposed to be there, but will do nothing else. I'm guessing this is a DS only glitch, as it didn't happen to me, but I really need to know if it's just my disc that's messed up, so I can return it, or if the game itself is suffering from massive bugs.

This is starting to sound eerily like the Star Ocean 3 recall debacle in Japan....

Your brother's black screen glitch on Dantooine is not because of DS. My brother played LS and it happened. After 59 hrs played he had to stop and start a new game to see if it happens again. :angry:

That's exactly the same gitch I had my first time through as a Darksider. My second playthrough as a Lightsider had no such problem. I emailed LucasArts tech support. Not only did they offer no solution, but they had the audacity to tell me my disk was probably just dirty and that they hadn't seen that problem before, totally overlooking the paragraph where I stated I was on my second disk with the same glitch. :angry: And no, I do not have a modded Xbox. You need to email them, and let them know this isn't an isolated event.

:thumbsup: I had one that no one else has posted yet...I think...it was in the Gaseous Bar on Nar Shaddaa...after you get your invitation from the exchange....anyway it was with Mira...I went to open a large locker...she walked right through some boxes...then wouldn't get out of the boxes...trapped like a rat...and hadn't saved in awhile...so...had to reboot.......only really bad one I've encountered so far