Will Obsidian provide new discs?

So, old news, this game is ridiculously buggy. I can't believe this is so buggy for a console game. My question to the devs is this: when a new disc is released, the next generation of discs or what have you; perhaps even in feburary when it is released everywhere, can we exchange our super buggy copies for (hopefully) then-stable copies by mailing them in? Please tell me now, because if not, I am going to return the game and just buy it on pc in feburary, when I know I can get a stable, updateable copy.

I urge others who are concerned about this to post here to, to keep the thread active so the devs can see as well as get a petition going of sorts. I can't be the only one upset to have spent so much money on such a buggy game.

Excellent to know, thank you.  I will post this on their board.

Good luck with that. :-

I haven't seen a single LA staff member respond to anything on those forums. My guess is they just put them up for the kiddies to play.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Excellent to know, thank you.  I will post this on their board.

Good luck with that. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen a single LA staff member respond to anything on those forums. My guess is they just put them up for the kiddies to play.

I don't think there is money worth reading all the tons of crap posted there on a daily basis, let alone take any of it seriously enough to reply.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that what you're proposing is unheard of, except in extreme cases, which from what I hear, this is not.

All this business just proves what a crappy company LA has become. It was up to them to reject the RC if it was too buggy, but they needed it released in early December, badly.

The C.R.E.A.M. Factor strikes again. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Obsidian and LucasArts are both to blame and I will not let Feargus off the hook. After all he chose to go with Lucas Arts on this project. Just saying its LA's fault is just silly. Both LA and Obsidian better do something over this because a buggy game on console with no way to patch it is UNFORGIVABLE.

All this business just proves what a crappy company LA has become. It was up to them to reject the RC if it was too buggy, but they needed it released in early December, badly.

I've gone off Lucasarts after this entire process. In my mind they've proven that instant sales and quick revenue in the short term are more important to them than goodwill and customer relations/loyalty in the long term.

Whoever is running Lucasarts (or who makes the big decisions) certainly doesn't have a clue when it comes to long-term sucess. But then again, chances are they want to keep their job (who can blame them) so they only care about doing what's best in the short term.

Afterall, their PR has been absolutely horrible throughout the entire KOTOR:TSL development process.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, I can't comment directly about Lucas Arts, but there is another big game company, which I won't mention, who released a PC game last year which was terribly buggy. They did patch it, but not all bugs were resolved. I got an email from them stating they were aware of the bugs, but were not going to fix them and told me to wait until the next release.

After many scathing email later, about how i paid good money for a buggy game and now they won't even fix it (analogous to a buggy console game, which really can't be fixed), they offered to exchanged the disk if I mailed it to them or even provide me with a refuend if I mailed it to them. Once I actually got to someone who could help, i was highly impressed and that alone kept my business for future purchases.

I would urge LA to do the same, and for obsidian to mention this to them as well. You can reset assured they will be recieving many an email from me, but since that will take forever, I think I will just return the game and get my money back.

Makes me wonder if Bioware had more pull with LA than Obsidian does. There were small problems with KotOR1 but, nothing like this. If TSL becomes a smash hit then maybe Obsidian can more influence on the release date and give themselves the time it takes to work out all the bugs. I cannot imagine any developer wanting to release a console game with this many bugs.

Honestly, thanks for all the hard work Obsidian

So, old news, this game is ridiculously buggy.  I can't believe this is so buggy for a console game.  My question to the devs is this: when a new disc is released, the next generation of discs or what have you; perhaps even in feburary when it is released everywhere, can we exchange our super buggy copies for (hopefully) then-stable copies by mailing them in?  Please tell me now, because if not, I am going to return the game and just buy it on pc in feburary, when I know I can get a stable, updateable copy.

I urge others who are concerned about this to post here to, to keep the thread active so the devs can see as well as get a petition going of sorts.  I can't be the only one upset to have spent so much money on such a buggy game.

Didn't you play the last one? And the Xbox will always only read disks formated for it.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Obsidian and LucasArts are both to blame and I will not let Feargus off the hook.  After all he chose to go with Lucas Arts on this project.  Just saying its LA's fault is just silly.  Both LA and Obsidian better do something over this because a buggy game on console with no way to patch it is UNFORGIVABLE.

They didn't have a choose they either take the game or go out of buisness. Also it's not good to turn down game titles like KOTOR II.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Obsidian and LucasArts are both to blame and I will not let Feargus off the hook.  After all he chose to go with Lucas Arts on this project.  Just saying its LA's fault is just silly.  Both LA and Obsidian better do something over this because a buggy game on console with no way to patch it is UNFORGIVABLE.

I don't know about that. Who is responsible for the QA? In small companies I believe it's up to the publisher. Who is responsible for giving the final thumbsup for the product? LA is. Beta testing is not the same as QA.

Whoever is running Lucasarts (or who makes the big decisions) certainly doesn't have a clue when it comes to long-term sucess.

Surely you meant 'ruining'? ^_^

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Didn't you play the last one? And the Xbox will always only read disks formated for it.

Of course I played the last one, and it wasn't nearly as buggy as this one.

And I don't understand the last comment, of course this is true. Which is why I want a replacement disc when the are ready, but too late, got returned last night.

Of course I played the last one, and it wasn't nearly as buggy as this one.

And I don't understand the last comment, of course this is true. Which is why I want a replacement disc when the are ready, but too late, got returned last night.

I had alot of problems when i first got the game and called lucasarts and i did the load 3 games 1 after the other then load SWKOTORII TSL and have not had problem except 1 instance upgrading my stuff on the workbench put me back at the main menu. Now this will not fix the framerate issues but will fix alot of the other glitches that happen.

Just a response to the guy that said "no way to patch it"...

That's what XBOX Live is for...  I don't have the box infront of me, but I hope it's Live aware enough to have DL content...

Nope.

Sucks, don't it? :)"

Just a response to the guy that said "no way to patch it"...

That's what XBOX Live is for...  I don't have the box infront of me, but I hope it's Live aware enough to have DL content...

Poor, poor, unknowledgeable n00bs. Had you been around longer or followed the boards longer, you'd have seen a few posts about how TSL will not have Live content.