V.I.P rings..

mkreku

Would it be possible to implement other types of "rings" like the black and white rings developers get when they post in a thread?

The reason I'm asking is because of people like J.E. Sawyer (and other game developers or interesting people that aren't a part of Obsidian Entertainment's staff) easily get lost among the spam on this board. It would be neat if there was an easy and obvious way of finding their posts too within a thread. Or at least know which threads they've participated in.

Perhaps a VIP ring? (make it pink and flowery so they don't get too big-headed though).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Honestly, I think this is a bad idea.

If you're interested in what J.E. Sawyer, or Dave Maldonado or some non-Obsidian Ent. poster has to say and wonder if he posted anything new today do a search using their username.

Giving someone "V.I.P." status will lead to confusion, people will think they are somehow affiliated with Obsidian, afterall they got special ques.

There are other reasons, but they're opinion and not really relevant.

Uhm.. I am aware of the search function, but that doesn't exactly fulfill my lazy needs. I guess I'll have to quote myself and hope this makes my request a little clearer.

It would be neat if there was an easy and obvious way of finding their posts too within a thread.

If you see a pink ring next to a thread, you click once on the ring and the board takes you immediately to whichever special person made the post.

If someone thinks separating two differently coloured rings is difficult and that it will be too confusing, I only have one advice to give them: get a new brain, because yours doesn't work! :-

If you see a pink ring next to a thread, you click once on the ring and the board takes you immediately to whichever special person made the post.

If someone thinks separating two differently coloured rings is difficult and that it will be too confusing, I only have one advice to give them: get a new brain, because yours doesn't work! :thumbsup:

Haha I feel like a dolt. I didn't know you could actually click on the black/white ring to bring you to the dev's post. I just thought it was there to indicate they had posted, but that you'd still have to search the entire thread to find it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How about just giving as a list where to put people we think are important and then the threads where they post show up with the Obsid logo (preferably some other, but oh well) next to them.

Hell, we already partially got it: everytime I click on one of those O's, I don't see just the dev posts, but also the ones posted by people on my ignore list.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

It's an interesting idea. I'm not sure what this forum software offers on the admin level to support it. Maybe GM will give it some thought. o:)

-Akari

Well in theory, you should just be able to create a new group, much like the "developer" group you belong to. Would give them a VIP tag under their avatar and such.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

In addition to the search feature already doing this, a feature like this will lead to a lot of inter-board jealousy and people thinking that these "v.i.p." posters are somehow related to Obsidian.

I can foresee a lot of instances where two people have a disagreement over something and the person who isn't a "v.i.p." saying "you just think you're special because of your "v.i.p." status."

Secondly, who will decide who gets this status? Does it go to developers from other companies? Does that include their QA folks? Accountants? What about designers who recently left their company? Or people in college for game design?

I said it before, I'll say it again, this feature isn't worth the effort, even though it may sound simple(creating a new user group and adding people to it). I know, I use this very forum software. The technical details aren't what would be the most difficult aspect.