Lack of black/white rings

Developers! Anyone notice the total absence of those black/white rings that shows a developer has posted in a thread in the PC part of the forum? Not one developer has posted anything in here! Not even once!

Does this tell us something about how serious they are about the PC version? Does it tell us about the amount of interest they have in the PC community? Does it tell us anything about how valuable the PC owners are to Obsidian? Does it tell us anything about which market Obsidian is aiming for? Does it tell us anything about the real reason the international Xbox and PC versions were not pushed forward?

Developers: I find your lack of posts disturbing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Does this tell us something about how serious they are about the PC version? Does it tell us about the amount of interest they have in the PC community? Does it tell us anything about how valuable the PC owners are to Obsidian? Does it tell us anything about which market Obsidian is aiming for? Does it tell us anything about the real reason the international Xbox and PC versions were not pushed forward?

You're such a downer man. <_< What does this tell us? The Devs are spending all of their time pouring their heart and souls into making the PC version super great. They don't have time to come on here :cool:

No.

So, you would prefer that the Devs post here instead of working on getting the PC release ready.  Okay.

YO!  DEVS!  Screw the release and just post here, so everyone can feel loved.  :thumbsup:

Yes, because everytime you make a post on the Obsidian board, one of your workdays just disappears.

That's so dumb it's not even funny.

A post every once in a while would mean they actually read this forum and perhaps even care about the PC owners/international Xbox-users. Who knows if they're working on getting the PC version ready? They haven't told us that. For all we know, it might have been finished by the time the Xbox-version was ready. A little communication never hurt anyone.

[

A post every once in a while would mean they actually read this forum and perhaps even care about the PC owners/international Xbox-users. Who knows if they're working on getting the PC version ready? They haven't told us that. For all we know, it might have been finished by the time the Xbox-version was ready. A little communication never hurt anyone.

Hmm, so you want them to post to make sure we're feeling ok? The game is done! They're just tweaking it for pc. There is no recommendations we can make now, so there's no point in them coming here to see what we think. There have been MANY designer ramblings released, talking about basically every aspect of the game. If the devs said anything else they'd probably spoil it for us. Get a grip dude :p

Hmm, so you want them to post to make sure we're feeling ok?  The game is done!  They're just tweaking it for pc.  There is no recommendations we can make now, so there's no point in them coming here to see what we think.  There have been MANY designer ramblings released, talking about basically every aspect of the game.  If the devs said anything else they'd probably spoil it for us.  Get a grip dude  :p

I think he's talking more in regards to them commenting on the issues that the XBox version is plagued with and commenting on whether they're actively working on fixing those for the PC release.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Developers! Anyone notice the total absence of those black/white rings that shows a developer has posted in a thread in the PC part of the forum? Not one developer has posted anything in here! Not even once!

Developers: I find your lack of posts disturbing.

It just tells us that that don't have time to listen to the PC gamers bitch about not wanting things in the game and that instead they are trying to finish the PC version witht he samll team that they have left.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Odds are, they are busy working on NWN2 now.

A few might be left to do some adjustments for various PC configurations (different number of audiospeakers, different screen resolutions etc.)

With a tiny bit of luck, they will also fix the top 5 games stopping bugs making the pc/internatiol x-box a version 1.01 or some such...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I agree, they don't need to be here. KotOR II for PC will be a masterpiece. Afterall, just because they aren't here doesn't mean they dont care or know. Maybe they are omnipotent developers (like the Q... hehheh)

Leave their sex lives out of this!

Oh sorry, you said omnipotent. :)"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If the developers managed to find the time to post regularly while working on the Xbox-version, I am sure they can find the time to write a simple post every now and then while working on the PC-version. It would be nice to hear details about what they're working on, like if it is bug fixes, if they're implementing new stuff, if they're trying to make it more mouse-friendly (mouse-driven interface, free mouselook, et cetera) and stuff like that.

Of course, they don't have to, but.. As I said, it would be nice.

Forget responding, I haven't even seen a green name listed at the bottom of this forum browsing the threads any of the times I've been browsing here.  :ermm:

I've seen Michael Chu and a few others around. Guess they are just browsing to see all the responses to their work.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Odds are, they are busy working on NWN2 now.

Ding Ding!!

We have a winner!

The few devs left, however, could drop us a line now and then...

(Many, MANY people have asked about what X-Box bugs are being fixed/can be fixed before Feb - but I haven't seen a response to what can or will be fixed by the time the PC version comes out.)

But I agree with GOA, I'm a little more concerned with the lack of dev posts on the tech help forum. The first thread on that forum got a dev response almost immediately. Since then, there have only been two or three that got a dev response.

Still, I can't be too hard on them - they are creating a game I most assuredly will love. :ermm:

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Ah yes, Visc was the lead designer of Kotor2... :-"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein