System Requirements

I think that if your PC played KOTOR there is no reason for it not to play KOTOR 2. The engine of the game has remained the same so unless they have changed something else dramatically you should be able to play the game. :)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

From all indications, the devs have stated that the system reqs will be approximately what they were for KOTOR 1. Although it would be nice if we had a definite answer so that those with low end systems have time to upgrade before the Feb release. :thumbsup:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I have the same laptop to play TSL as I had with KOTOR, the only difference it that it now has 512Mb of RAM instead of 256Mb it had before.

Hell my PC is able to play NFS underground 2, so I would be REALLY angry if it won't play TSL.

My system:

1.13Ghz P3 M

32 MB GeForce 2 Go MX

I have the same laptop to play TSL as I had with KOTOR, the only difference it that it now has 512Mb of RAM instead of 256Mb it had before.

Hell my PC is able to play NFS underground 2, so I would be REALLY angry if it won't play TSL.

My system:

1.13Ghz P3 M

32 MB GeForce 2 Go MX

My Laptop played Doom 3 just fine but it crashed frequently along with other minor bugs in Kotor 1. Really, the only thing that matters is how well they adapt the graphics to different vid card chipsets, and they did extremely poor with the first game :">

My system:

1.13Ghz P3 M

32 MB GeForce 2 Go MX

Well, you could play Kotor1 at 800x600 with low textures and all effects turned off. But it

My guess for system requirements is probably:

1.3 - 1.5GHz but 2GHz Recommended (I ran KotOR I pretty well on a 900MHz though...)

256MB Ram, 512 Recommended (I had 640MB PC-133)

2-4GB HDD Space (Its a big game... annoying install though...)

64MB but 128MB Recommended (I ran on FX 5200 w/ 256MB)

My system:

1.13Ghz P3 M

32 MB GeForce 2 Go MX

You probably will be able to play KotOR II since the engine is the same, only the textures have been improved so if you do low-res textures, you will probably be able to run it. I ran KotOR on my laptop which was :

1.6GHz P4M

32MB GeForce 2 (dont remember the model)

256MB DDR at 266MHz

Anyone have any idea what it takes to run KOTOR 1 at maximum resolution with all the settings turned on? I have a pretty good computer but I can't even come close to maxing out everything withing lagging to oblivion!

My computer in all it's glory:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+

ATI Radeon 9700 ( I can't remember if it's PRO or not)

1 GB of RAM

Can anyone here run it smoothly with full settings/resolution?

Anyone have any idea what it takes to run KOTOR 1 at maximum resolution with all the settings turned on? I have a pretty good computer but I can't even come close to maxing out everything withing lagging to oblivion!

My computer in all it's glory:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+

ATI Radeon 9700 ( I can't remember if it's PRO or not)

1 GB of RAM

Can anyone here run it smoothly with full settings/resolution?

I can run it pretty smooth with 4xAA/16xAF @1280x960 (though I usually don't cause that res doesn't fit my LCD so well) and I have an Intel P4 3.2GHz/ 1GB DDR-400 RAM/ 6800GT set up. Even so though I still get noticable fps drops when there are lots of particle effects going on, and in some of the larger outdoor areas.

well if you can shell out the bucks....

GeForce 6800 GT or Ultra or Ultra Extreme Edition ofcourse the price is kind of high at the moment for GF U EE (something like $699).

Huggles, you lag w/ that system? Now I am getting scared since my card is not even 6800 gt, its a gto... Then again, those settings are pretty high, i usually have 4x aa and 4 af 800*600 (on my 5200, my new one hasn't arrived)

The only time KOTOR lagged on my PC was on Mannan, at the place where there was some lights near the prison cells.

And when the grenades exploded.

But I've noticed that in every game i've played and there are smoke effects, probably the Geforce 2 go is a crappy graphics card. And since it is on a laptop I can't do anything about it. except waiting for another 10-12 months until I get a new PC.