Rare Lightsabers

Just wanted to say, I liked the fact that lightsabers were harder to come by in this game. It made it feel like the Jedi were truly special. It got a little bit strange carrying around so many lightsabers in KOTOR1.

I liked that, too. On another thread, I said that a cutscene involving the exile getting a feel for a lightsaber again - his motions and expression depending on whether he was light or dark - would have been a nice touch. Totally unnecessary, but a nice touch.

The rarity of lightsabers is good, and the fact that later in the game the usefullness of the workbench becomes 100% clear.

The workbench produced some fantastic Lightsaber upgrades. It was interesting how people with certain skills could only be the ones to build certain things for you. Some Lightsaber upgrades required high repair skills while others require moderate to high Awareness or Treat injury skills.

While the Ebon Hawk has the workbench, T3 acts as an upgrade station as well.

The only problem I have is that crystals are too much of a roll of the dice in certain places. The places you can buy them don't have the same gear each time. I'm on my 2nd run through the game and alot of the great crystals I had in game one just aren't there this time around.

I like it. I really liked how you just kind of made it on the fly with parts you find around. I've made myself a deal, the first saber crystal color (s) i find is my color for the game. (If i have more then one before i construct my saber, i'll pick between them then.) Way i look at it is begger's can't be chossers, and in the benging of the game, when your scraping and scrunging for a saber, I can't see my guy saying, "what? green... i hate green, i'll wait till i find purple before i build my saber."

and, once i've chossen a color, i almost NEVER change out the crystal for my main PC... I don't know why, i guess i figure i built it this way, that's the way it stays.

I have no issues at all changing my other guys sabers around... don't know why that is. LOL.

anyway, the first and only crystal i found the first time around way yellow, and yellow was my color for the whole game.

This time, i looks like it's blue.

I wonder what it'll be next time. hmm.

LoL.

My only grip is i'd love to have also picked my hilt style, or at least have it be different then the rest... but, all in all, this is much better then the first Knights, "your a jedi now, here's your saber".

KINGSNAKE.

I really liked the rarity of sabers. And it really felt great when you finally built one. I liked the fact that you din't run into too many other lightsaber wielders during the course of the game either. It definitely made for a feeling of exclusivity.

The "bonded" crystal was very cool as well. Excellent concept.

I really liked the rarity of sabers. And it really felt great when you finally built one. I liked the fact that you din't run into too many other lightsaber wielders during the course of the game either. It definitely made for a feeling of exclusivity.

Have you not finished the game? On the last level I must have killed 500 people carrying Lighsabers, some of them carrying two sabers, and one with 4 different lightsabers. Not really that exclusive.

Have you not finished the game? On the last level I must have killed 500 people carrying Lighsabers, some of them carrying two sabers, and one with 4 different lightsabers. Not really that exclusive.

Yes, I finished the game, and yes, there are tins of saber-wielders at the acadamy. But until then, saber-wielders are quite rare.

It's not like you can go to Malachor V as your first planet and pick up a few sabers just for fun. >_<