Does anybody NOT have slowdown??

I'm curious- has anybody not experienced this? It appears endemic.

Every fight causes frames to drop (but action keeps going, even though you can't see it)!

What's the fun in getting all sorts of cool weapons, options, etc., if you can't see what happens when you use them?

The game would be great, except it's virtually unplayable with the dropped frames- the action happens, and then it stops- studder- studder- it's over.

I guess they should've waited on the Xbox release until February...

-Anari

I've ran into some frame rate drops.. two or three times when it got really bad. I'll avoid spoiling by just saying it was later in the game... when i ran into the extreme frame rate slowdown. Usually when alot of explosions are happening it tends to slow down. Other than that little problem i havent really seen any major bugs, but i keep hearing about them from people :\

I think they shoulda released the pc version first and used extra time to work on the xbox version, you can always patch the pc version.

I have seen slowdown, but only a few times. I can only remember 1 really bad time, and maybe 5 (at most) total.

The first KotOR suffered from slowdowns at times too. They did not appear to be as wide spread as KotOR2, but I do remember hearing about them. I didn't get them.

Any slowdown in KOTOR I was negligible compared with KOTOR II, at least as far as I've played it. I can't imagine how bad it gets further into the game- I'm only on Telos and it's horrible.

Is there any difference between Xboxes, like versions or something? Maybe there were some upgrades done that make newer games more playable?

Well, regardless, I'm really disappointed.

There are a few threads floating around here trying to figure out if it is a batch of game disks, or maybe XBox versions. I can't remember how old mine is, but at least so far it appears to be the "magical version" for KotOR games since I've never ran into any of the bugs in KotOR and only mild trouble with KotOR2. I only saw slowdowns when I was in a cave (Dantooine and Korriban).

You might want to try you disk on another XBox, or maybe try trading in the disk. I know this is the standard cop-out answer always thrown around, but it is at least a mildly good first step.

I keep hearing from people saying that the slowdowns are bad. I haven't had any at all (i've played all through the game).. =/ I just bought a brand new xbox though i have no idea if that is the reason or not.

You have a Samsung drive, click here to find out what drive you have.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Wow- now I really know the bugs people were referring to. I swapped my copy, deleted my saved games and started over. Even slower load times, dropped frames everywhere, and system meltdown upon entering battle. I think I saw steam coming out of the Xbox. My first copy was perfect compared to this one (and that's saying something).

In the prologue, there is the place where T3 opens the container and the remotes come out for target practice. The game just froze for +5 seconds, then continued smoothly, until another enemy was targeted; the same thing happened again. After all the targets were dispatched, I could not pause the game to access the subscreen, nor could I open any containers. I'm sure there was probably more that went wrong, but I'd had it and just turned off the system.

The game seems to be constantly reading from the disc- it looks like this is why it keeps stopping. A sound effect, character, soundtrack, object, etc. that's not in memory stops the game upon loading. It seems crazy that the problem would be a certain copy of the game, but that coupled with what is evidently the worst of the Xbox drives seems to be my dilemma. Arrgg!!