Too easy?

Maybe it was because I went the easy path Guardian/Weapon Master, but there wasn't any challenging fights. Were the fights any better with another build?

Did anyone try using the hard combat setting (I am thinking about tring that the next time through)

(though I will admit the pazaak and swoop racing side quests were very challenging and lots of fun)

I found several battles to be challanging. Most of them in the beginning, before I got my Lightsaber -- once I had that things got a little easier. I switched to Difficult on the surface of Telos but turned it off in the Czerka camp, because I was having too much trouble as my team mates ran off before I get heal up for the next battle. This was before I figured out how to properly work with the battle formations.

Some of the battles near the end can be difficult too, if you don't use the right combination of powers and Lightsaber forms. I was able to get a combination of force powers down to where I was taking on a huge number of enemies at once.

Setting things to the Difficult setting should help some. A Counslor is generally more difficult, but really fun on the dark side. I normally play as a Sentinal and switching a Watchman when I had the chance my first playthrough.

Maybe it was because I went the easy path Guardian/Weapon Master, but there wasn't any challenging fights.  Were the fights any better with another build?

Did anyone try using the hard combat setting (I am thinking about tring that the next time through)

(though I will admit the pazaak and swoop racing side quests were very challenging and lots of fun)

I found the fights to be extremely easy. I went the route of the Sentinel/Weapon Master. I didn't do any Swoop Racing, so I can't comment on that, but I did find Pazaak to be pretty easy, too. I got the Twi'lek slave girl free in one hand, and I beat the Trandoshan on Nar Shadaa in three.

I just remembered on time I did have trouble.

Fighting Hanharr with Mira on Malachor V was pretty tough. However, he's a sucker for Stun and some rockets.

Yes and no. Some things were to easy, where they should have been hard (I beat the living **** out of Sion AND Nihilus). Then some things that should have been a breeze, took forever (Hanharr vs. Mira).

The funny thing about being a Sith Lord is I just kept Force Crushing Sion, until he fell. I didn't hit me once! :cool:

Yes and no. Some things were to easy, where they should have been hard (I beat the living **** out of Sion AND Nihilus). Then some things that should have been a breeze, took forever (Hanharr vs. Mira).

The funny thing about being a Sith Lord is I just kept Force Crushing Sion, until he fell. I didn't hit me once! :cool:

That's pretty much the exact same experience I had - except instead of using Force Crush, I had Force Enlightenment, and I used a couple of swipes of my lightsaber on Darth Sion for the same effect.

I was hoping the "difficult" option for kotor2 would be more difficult than kotor1, but alas it was not. At the end with my consular/master I had a DC of 53 on my statis (lol) and well-over 600 force points. I understand that you are supposed to be powerful, but I could stun both nhilis (sp?) and scion (keria has a base of your dc+1 :p )

The Kotor games by their very nature are easy. They are By FAR the easiest RPG's I've ever played.

But I would guess that was a design decision meant to frustrate as few people as possible and garner more gamers into the mix.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The Kotor games by their very nature are easy. They are By FAR the easiest RPG's I've ever played.

But I would guess that was a design decision meant to frustrate as few people as possible and garner more gamers into the mix.

Agreed.

I would say that they were trying to make it so you wouldnt be able to accomplish everything on your first playthrough. So, they gave you an easier game maybe in the sence of the fighting, but they tried to make up for it in the difficulty of acomplishing everything on your first playthrough.

I guess so ... but I would still like a "very difficult" option for kotor3. By the end, it was just mindless slicing through hordes of sith.

Even I found it very easy on normal. The only time I got my butt served to me was by Vrook, and that stopped happening when I leveled up and got my sabre. Then he was toast. Literally. Force Storm ^_^

Ahem. Yeah, it was super easy. Died on my first time vs. Kriea, then did it the second time.

For the record: Jedi Sentinal (i think) to Sith Assassin. I plowed through everyone, it was never a problem (except for those specific places). *Shrugs*

I found the first one more difficult. Even the easy setting on KOTOR can be more difficult than the normal on TSL. Or is that just me o_O

I didn't mind it being easy though . . . after all, you're some super powerful Jedi/Sith and if dumb punks and troopers can stand up to you, then what's the point of being powerful?

As a Sentinel (Watchman for Prestige Class) the beginning was very easy. I blew through almost every battle, but I had a huge problem in fighting Master Kavar. The fact that he would heal himself for 20 points a lot made me lose almost a dozen times before I beat him. So far everything besides him was simple.