about prestige classes

Kan0

well hmm. i guess it is too late in the game for me then? she is already out of my party.  =(

Someone else mentioned this..from what I gather you have to be about 75% to either dark or lightside, past lvl 15 and you have to have visa with you and talk to Kreia...or some combination of those...I dunno..strange way to do this..should have just gotten an option at a certain level or something.

well hmm. i guess it is too late in the game for me then? she is already out of my party.  =(

Someone else mentioned this..from what I gather you have to be about 75% to either dark or lightside, past lvl 15 and you have to have visa with you and talk to Kreia...or some combination of those...I dunno..strange way to do this..should have just gotten an option at a certain level or something.

Yeah, if you want a prestige class, you have to be highly on one side or the other, you can't play the middle. Then you have be at least lev 15, have Visas and have visited all the planets at least once.

I missed out on a Prestige class the first time through as I played the middle making decisions 'just for fun' this time through I will not make that mistake again

I didn't visit every planet before I got my choice of prestige classes, although I was 18th level Guardian at the time and just happened to talk to Kreia purely by accident (first time through the game and I haven't bothered really talking to the characters b/c I'm more concerned about plowing through the game that first time)...

The funny thing was for about three or four hours of game time I wasn't advancing my levels because I thought there was going to be a scene similar to KOTOR 1 - you talk to some Jedi or Sith Master and they say - "You shall be trained! What path do you seek."

I wasn't expecting Kreia, despite her obvious experience and heavy-handed help earlier on... So, some parts of the game were more annoying than others...

And... Can the Handmaiden / Disciple and Zabrak-boy all *really* become Jedi?

Yeah, if you want a prestige class, you have to be highly on one side or the other, you can't play the middle. Then you have be at least lev 15, have Visas and have visited all the planets at least once.

I think the alignment requirement makes sense. After all, you are ascending to a new level of committment to one order or the other; there has to be a fairly reasonable chance that you won't just flip flop every which way after becoming a Sith Assassin or Jedi Master--although obviously, this is possible in the Star Wars universe.

And...  Can the Handmaiden / Disciple and Zabrak-boy all *really* become Jedi?

Yes. As can Mira and Atton. You have to have enough influence and talk to them enough in order to convince them to fulfill that potential, though.

No that wouldn't have worked, then you could be neutral and get a prestige class, which is no good. To be a prestige class you should have to clearly committed to light or dark. Not saying it should be impossible to change back, just saying that to become a Jedi Master, you should need to be pretty high on the lights side and to become a Sith Lord you should need to be pretty far on the dark side, etc.

I am level 13 and would like to get a PRC as soon as possible. I have been to Peragus, Telos and Nar Shada. Do I have to have solved the quests on all the planets to qualify for a prestige class or can I hop in the Ebon Hawk, hit the landing ports go back to Nar Shada and then qualify for a PrC?