Please review this laptop for me.

roshan

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped me in my previous topic. I have decided to go for a dell laptop due to its customizability. Now, the following are the specifications. Please let me know if they are okay.

********************************************************************************

Inspiron 8600 (N1217)

Date & Time: Monday 13 December 2004 1:32 AM

SYSTEM COMPONENTS

Inspiron 8600 (N1217)

Processor Intel

What are the benefits of windows xp pro?

Is the graphics card a good one? Can this laptop handle half life 2 and doom 3?

BTW, what is bluetooth? I might have to add that to my laptop, some people are telling me that that is the infrared port that i need to transfer pictures from a cellphone to the laptop. I will also get a 60 gb hard drive and will get a 1.6 mhz pentium m instead of a 1.4.

My total cost should be around 900 pounds and I dont have any money right now. But if I work my ass off this christmas, then maybe I might be able to afford it. Im being paid 4.35 pounds per hour at my current job, but there is free accomodation and free crappy food, so hopefully I can save up. However, tax still has to be cut from this. In the past week I have worked around 70 hours. Over the next 3 weeks I will have to work another 220 hours or so to be able to earn enough.

I am working as a food and beverage assistant. When I took the job, I thought I would be able to earn money from tips, but Im not earning jack ****. These bloody english people are incredibly stingy. I lived in a 3rd world country, and when I was in the Philippines we would always give from 10 to 30 pesos as tips to the waiters, which is around 10 to 30 pence in uk currency. What is incredible is people tip more in my 3rd world country then here in the uk. I worked for one week serving these people and even going out of my way to help them out (ex. doing table service even though we are only supposed to serve from the bar). However I got absolutely NO TIPS. And Im working in a posh hotel and its christmas season! Today was my 8th day working and I got my first tip - A guy who had to much change on him dumped 35 pence in 1, 5 and 2 pence coins on my tray. Yay. ;)

To tell you the truth, I'm not so fond of the 5200, but someone on this board said he used it and that it ran Half-Life 2 just fine. It should work. I would recommend a "higher number" card (5600, 5700 and above) but they are much more expensive and I'm not sure how much better they are in a laptop.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!