Exploitable bugs?

The Peragus voice-print mission (requires 14 Int and decent persuasion): After you use the recorded voice-print code to open the airlock, you can run back to HK-50, trick him into repeating the code again, and run back to the console to find the option to enter the code available again. This is repeatable and every time you select the option to open the airlock, you gain 500 experience points.

Item duping with the workbench: This is a rare glitch, as I've only been able to repeat it twice in about fifty attempts, but sometimes when you upgrade weapons the character wielding it will unequip it after you're done; the rare glitch is that if the character is dual-wielding weapons, there is a chance they will unequip the primary weapon that you're upgrading, but keep the secondary weapon equipped. The game, however, simultaneously unequips the secondary weapon along with the primary weapons, so the end result is you now have the secondary weapon in one hand, and a copy of it in the inventory.

The game locked up sometime after the dupe (while it was trying to load a conversation on my return trip to Dxun), and while I'm not sure if it was the cause of the lockup, I wouldn't recommend trying it.

Dantooine (requires skills in Awareness, Computer, Repair, and Persuade): If you talk to the protocol droid on the landing pad, your character should recognize it's malfunctioning after a brief inquiry about the Enclave and the Sith wars. You proceed to tell it to perform a self diagnostic, repair it, then deny you're a Jedi when the old mechanic runs up to you all shocked and offended. Tell him you hate the Jedi as well and you gain Dark Side points.

Simply talk to the protocol droid, ask about what destoryed the Enclave, and the buckethead will announce it has a memory leak again - allowing you to repeat the repair and deny process all over again.

Be sure not to have your lightsaber equipped while doing this, otherwise you'll immediately be identified as a Jedi.

Edit: This works for Light Side points as well, just tell the mechanic that 'Jedi protect the common people' instead. He leaves in a huff, but keeps coming back for more.

Hope everyone can contribute to this post as well, I'm rather interested in what other 'beneficial' bugs have been encountered in the game.

This one is abit of a pain to use not as easy as posted on gamefaq. If you are a male character and the handmaiden is in your party go and spar with her. AFterwards you noticed she is scantly clad. Do the conversation path that has her get her clothes on. Then leave the ship and unequip her robe. Go back onboard the Hawke and tell her to get her clothes on again. She puts the robe on. But it still remains in the inventory. Also everytime you repeat the process its like a 2/1. Each robe sells for 2200 credits. In 5 turns I sold 11 of the robes. Can't remember who posted this on gamefaq but thanks:)

i think i should bump this

Here is a way to take advantage of the random item thing. Just releod each time you kill a boss or something and you can keep on reloading till you get something good.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Here is a way to take advantage of the random item thing. Just releod each time you kill a boss or something and you can keep on reloading till you get something good.

Does it have to be a quick save just before the "killing stroke"? Or is it okay after the death and the item is randomly generated only when the party character actually opens up the "corpse"? Same with containers??

Does it have to be a quick save just before the "killing stroke"? Or is it okay after the death and the item is randomly generated only when the party character actually opens up the "corpse"? Same with containers??

Good question..I'd like to know that too.

From my experience, it would seem that the game generates all of the items in containers and enemies the moment you first enter a map. Only rewards (like lightsabers) are generated on demand.

I tend to save before entering new areas and do a quick check of the containers to see what has been generated and reload if I don't like what I see - it may just be lously luck, but if the first few containers I come across have stuff like chemicals or parts, that tends to be what I find in all the other containers in that area. It sucks :huh:

• 4 weeks later...