Fools rush in

I, too, find myself asking "what next" rather than "what happened?" I understand the story, the characters and their motives well enough, but I'm worried about what will be done with KotOR 3, since it seems Obsidian was eager to end the story the same way Feargus and crew ended Fallout and Planescape, and then intended to leave it at that. I'm hoping there is a KotOR 3, and that it is a direct sequel, and will develop every major character from *both* games further so that they can all come into their own right and will answer any questions left lingering in my mind, of which I can honestly say there are only a few.

I, personally, am left with a feeling of, "What next?", not, "What the heck just happened?"  Were you confused about who the true antagonist was?  That's easy enough to clear up...

To avoid throwing in my questions and concerns into this post, which could not be made without spoilers, I'll point to this thread (fair warning: no spoiler tags folks) which is the one I asked my original set of questions in and expanded on. Some of been commented on and (at least partially) cleared up. Others are just blank.

It isn't understanding what I was trying to accomplish at any point in the story -- it was a lot of "why" that was never really answered after my second trip to Dantooine, and the many new subpoints to the plot that are just left hanging.

After reading over the vast majority of this spoiler forum and the storyline forum I

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

no i agree, and neither is misquoting. if i had of sed stupid newb i would fully appreciate what you were saying. however i said ignorant, which in my mind the person was. also bear in mind that when you enter anything as a new member you cannot expect to put across a harsh point of view without negative feedback from more senior users. i expect you will call sum1 a newb at some point in the hope of putting them in their place.

everyone tosses around insults no matter how intelligent, the people who throw them around without an argument to back them up are the fools

enough arguing however, it is not productive, we shall agree to disagree. if you wish to pursue this further there is something called the pm function

1) Punctuation and spelling are essential if you want to put across a good arguement.

2) Ignorant and stupid are synonymous. In other words they mean exactly the same thing. Both denote an absence of intelligence. You basically called him stupid.

im not a complete dumbass

r.b.r.

read

before

replying

3) I dont believe anyone called you a dumbass. Don't take offense at what somone never said nor insinuated. Furthermore, I firmly believe the kind gentleman read your post and responded coherantly.

As for the topic...

Technical support assumes the game itself is not working properly. The topic creator obviously has no problems playing the game from a technical standpoint, rendering the support forum useless to him.

He rather expresses the opinion that people play through the game too quickly and might have missed critical points in the story which is why many are dissatisfied with the story, a perfecly valid one insults aside. I might agree with him once I finish the game for myself : ) You never know.

1. yes that is so true because the basis of a good argument is spelling and punctuation. btw your spelling is awful for someone who has the nerve to correct others, you might want to try coherently not coherantly.

2. you are wrong as was kindly explained by other forum members.

3. some guy assumed that i said something which only a stupid person would say, since he was obviously ignorant enough to not read my post properly then disagree with it. (im hoping now you wont try to claim that my usage of ignorant and stupid is flawed?)

4. wow all your points are moot, fabulous arguments you chose there mate. just so you know im being sarcastic

5. i hate to resurrect such an argumentative thread but i dont like people making comments about my posts without answering

i really really hate ignorant newbs

Eh, they're not too bad around here. If you want to see some major crap hang around the Bethesda Elder Scrolls forums. Those guys are out there pretty severely. Besides, Morrowind was crap. Who in their right mind would post that much on the forum over Morrowind (fighting for Fallout 3 is always allowed though :lol: )

off topic - if Morrowind was crap, then why are so many still playing and modding it almost 3 years after it came out?

on topic - I'm still processing, butI am leaning toward agreeing with Boiler on this one. Maybe I didn't explore all of the influence options, but there were many "WTF"s for me, as well.

I'm going to go try to play a DS character now, though I have a feeling I'm just falling into a trap...that no more of my questions will be answered.

I also greatly missed the character development that was present in KOTOR I.

I conceed this point, but only in part having "bastila looks like she has something to say" pop up and remind you to talk to your party members is really not "character development", it is hand holding. Obsidian could of designed a better way to accomplish this.

Speaking of Bastila, anyone find the recording of her on T3? A reward for spending the time to look and listen.

I conceed this point, but only in part having "bastila looks like she has something to say" pop up and remind you to talk to your party members is really not "character development", it is hand holding. Obsidian could of designed a better way to accomplish this.

Speaking of Bastila, anyone find the recording of her on T3? A reward for spending the time to look and listen.

Yeah I did...it was alright for people who played the first game but nothing special if you ask me....and as far as the plot goes I enjoyed it but just like the last game they made figuring out the plot almost impossible for a DS character because no one would speak to you...still the ending was pitiful...it had more content then the original games endings but it lacked any sense of closure or satisfaction