Endings

There've been some threads by now in which people who have already finished the game complain about the in their eyes unsatisfying ending of KotOR2.

I wonder whether they all speak of the SAME ending? For example, there is even a readers review at IGN in which the author complained about the lack of group member specific sidequests (huh?) and in the end didn't know whether Mandalore actually is Canderous or not.

Seems to me that there is more depth in this game some will never reach.

So it could be possible that there are a few more possible outcomes of the story which can be reached, perhaps also including a "satisfying" end. Therefor my question (to the ones who have already finished the game more than once with varying decisions) is if they have yet noticed different endings or not.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

There appears to be 2 endings. Both very broken and unsatifying.

There is a lack of group member specific sidequests. Remember from the first, that you could undertake a complete side quest for all but one (T3-M4) of your party members. In KotOR II, it is just dialog options.

No matter how you interact with the final bosses, the ending is the same. They say nothing to indicate that more focus on any of the group members, or side quests, would alter the ending in any significant way. I've also not run across any posts concerning the ending that seem to differ from my own.

There is a lack of group member specific sidequests.  Remember from the first, that you could undertake a complete side quest for all but one (T3-M4) of your party members.  In KotOR II, it is just dialog options.

I merely hope this NPC chatting will at least be good for something... <_<

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

they have taken out the personel quests yes, but they had to make room for the influence options, there would have to be extra strands of conversations, one following thier backround and sidequests and the ones where they come up with plans and criticise or praise your actions while you have to try and gain thier trust.

The side quests were a bit formulaic; it would've been nice if they did something along the lines of special events with certain party members. Oh, wait, they did that, never mind.

And I'm sure *my* posts concerning the ending have been different. I don't remember the ending of KotOR I being satisfying either.

It can be blamed on the nature of these villains, if nothing else, from everything I've seen people complain about. Yeah, it would've been nice if your interaction made more difference to the ending; but why are you complaining, exactly? The first game didn't even have an explanation of what happened to them, after the end. And really, you didn't even have any choices as pertaining to your party members... you couldn't alienate them from talking to you, nor could you make them more proud of you. They didn't interact with eachother, and your choices couldn't affect whether they became Jedi. Is it really that they were sloppy, or that they started an incredible idea that made us expect more than they could give us in this title?

Is it really that they were sloppy, or that they started an incredible idea that made us expect more than they could give us in this title?

I think it was a matter of time constraints. The developers of this game also made Fallout and Planescape, and I think they were more than up to the task, but just weren't given the time they needed. I don't hold them responsible, personally.

There've been some threads by now in which people who have already finished the game complain about the in their eyes unsatisfying ending of KotOR2.

I wonder whether they all speak of the SAME ending? For example, there is even a readers review at IGN in which the author complained about the lack of group member specific sidequests (huh?) and in the end didn't know whether Mandalore actually is Canderous or not.

Seems to me that there is more depth in this game some will never reach.

So it could be possible that there are a few more possible outcomes of the story which can be reached, perhaps also including a "satisfying" end. Therefor my question (to the ones who have already finished the game more than once with varying decisions) is if they have yet noticed different endings or not.

Ah but you do find out that Canderous is Mandalore. :lol:

There appears to be 2 endings.  Both very broken and unsatifying.

There is a lack of group member specific sidequests.  Remember from the first, that you could undertake a complete side quest for all but one (T3-M4) of your party members.  In KotOR II, it is just dialog options.

No matter how you interact with the final bosses, the ending is the same.  They say nothing to indicate that more focus on any of the group members, or side quests, would alter the ending in any significant way.  I've also not run across any posts concerning the ending that seem to differ from my own.

Wait a second, didn't the developers for KotOR II say that you would explore all your NPC's backgrounds thoroughly or atleast more than you did in KotOR I? It can't be all that bad can it?

and in the end didn't know whether Mandalore actually is Canderous or not.

That's just ignorance.

1.) The voice is the same. If it's actually a different voice actor, then they did a damn good job of replicating it.

2.) "Mandalore" repeatedly says something about how he will get honor for the Ordo clan at one point.

3.) The dead giveaway - at the game's end, when you are asking about Mandalore, he is called Canderous in the reply you get.

Anyway. I have finished the game only once so far (light side) so I cannot say whether there are multiple endings for each side, but I can say that I too was disappointed by the ending. That is to say, I was disappointed with the cutscene I got after all the in-game action was over. That in-game stuff was just fine for me, though it may not have made too much of an impact. The actual final cutscene I got (which to me serves as the true ending) was not satisfying in any way.

When I first ended the game I found the ending unsatisfying and still do, but I have learn to accept it as maybe an ending similar to that of ESB. The endings of K1 were so much more satisfying, especially the LS ending.

I didn't think K1's endings were that satisfying. They were typical clich

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

I think the only side quest (dont know if its an actual quest) is helping Mandalore (Canderous) unite some of the Mandalorian clans (if you take Mandalore to various places where there were Mandalorians in the game, he will tell them to go to Dxun and join his clan and prepare for the rise of the Mandalorians.

And I'm sure *my* posts concerning the ending have been different. I don't remember the ending of KotOR I being satisfying either.

KOTOR 1 dark side ending was incredible... Short, but satisfying enough to not make you want to smash your neighbors head in with a brick. Never saw the LS one though so I can't comment on that, cause I can't play good guy jedi's for some reason, there just isn't any fun to it.

KOTOR 1 dark side ending was incredible...  Short, but satisfying enough to not make you want to smash your neighbors head in with a brick.  Never saw the LS one though so I can't comment on that, cause I can't play good guy jedi's for some reason, there just isn't any fun to it.

LS ending had some similarities to the ending of SW Episode IV >_<"

KOTOR 1 dark side ending was incredible...  Short, but satisfying enough to not make you want to smash your neighbors head in with a brick.  Never saw the LS one though so I can't comment on that, cause I can't play good guy jedi's for some reason, there just isn't any fun to it.

LS ending had some similarities to the ending of SW Episode IV :wub:"

I'm not easily placated by a nice medal or minions chanting "All hail Lord Revan".

I didn't like those endings either...and I have no problem with the unresolvedness of the Hawk taking off into space, destination unknown.

However, the parts on Malachor that involve your side characters are entirely unresolved. Some kind of conversation aboard the Hawk would have been nice, although, by leaving it out, they leave it open to any interpretation you like, which I do respect.

It's the other plot holes that bother me more.

My problem is that I barely had any time to interact with a couple of the characters, namely HK-47 and Mira (I hit Nar Shaddaa second to last). Everyone besides the Exile and Kreia got the backseat.

Another thing that bummed me out was that Darth Nihilus was barely in the game. He's more unknown than any of the other characters in the game.

BTW, whatever happened to the Force Bond between the Exile and Kreia?

I didn't like those endings either...and I have no problem with the unresolvedness of the Hawk taking off into space, destination unknown.

It's the other plot holes that bother me more.

Even funnier is that you see the Ebon Hawk falling near the end and like destroyed because of that. But then, after Kreia, you see it flying free into space, destination unknown whatever like nothing ever happened before, just like that droid conversation about you deciding about malachor etc etc... :)"

Very very rushed last part of the game, and the game is clearly not complete.

Game phucking rocked until you left dantooine for the last time, then it sucked so hard is not even funny. The moment you go to telos, sith ship etc, the game really sucked and disapointed me so much i felt like crying. Speaking of that, someday i will create here a thread regarding my frustration about Darth Nihilus, a caracter i loved so much, being very cool, that mask, my obsession with it and so on, then, i play the game, and wtf was that? Talk about so much potencial lost. It's one of the ways i describe Sith Lords, so much potencial lost, specially after last part of Dantoine i talk above sigh :(