Question about lightsaber forms...

Hi Everybody! This is my first post so be gentle...

I have two questions about lightsaber forms.

1. Do they look different, i.e. do you move and attack different. Like in Jedi Outcast 2 depending on your lightsaber formed you held the lightsaber different and you attacked with different moves. Does this happen in Kotor 2?

2. Could someone give me a list of all available lightsaber forms??

Blackeye :D

All I know about lightsaber forms is:

Different forms are suited for different combat situations

You can learn a maximum of seven (I think)

There is about 12 forms (not sure, someone else confirm please) 4 are force forms, useable by Xonsular only.

If someone could give more accurate things about it please. Thx.

I dont know bout lightsaber forms looking different. You will have to ask a North American XBoxer.

Okay here we go. There are 11 or 12 lightsaber forms you can use. You can learn a max of seven. The Consular however, can not. When you first pick you char class you only get access to 2 lightsaber forms. When you pick a prestige class, you can choose from the other ones. Only the Weapons Master, or the Marauder can use the best of the lightsaber forms, Juyo and Niman. The Watchman or Assasin gets access to the rest of those except Juyo and Niman.

The Lord or Master can have access to force forms instead of lightsaber forms.

As far as appearance, I have no idea. I got my info from the free prima guide a week ago.

Okay here we go. There are 11 or 12 lightsaber forms you can use. You can learn a max of seven. The Consular however, can not. When you first pick you char class you only get access to 2 lightsaber forms. When you pick a prestige class, you can choose from the other ones. Only the Weapons Master, or the Marauder can use the best of the lightsaber forms, Juyo and Niman. The Watchman or Assasin gets access to the rest of those except Juyo and Niman.

As far as appearance, I have no idea. I got my info from the free prima guide a week ago.

Everything Yeti said sounded pretty valid.

And no, switching to a different lightsaber form does NOT change your fighting posture or any of that crap, it just alters your stats to whatever situation that form is suited for (kinda). :luck:

Actually this is incorrect. There are 11 FORMS you can learn, 7 lightsaber forms and 4 force forms. And you can learn a total of 7 forms including both. Jedi Masters learn more force forms, etc. etc.

And here's a list of the forms:

Lightsaber forms:

Shii-Cho (Determination)-Good against many enemies and blaster fire

Makashi (Contention)-Good against opponents with lightsabers and against force powers, weak against blaster fire

Soresu (Resilience)-Defensive stance, good against single opponent and blaster fire.

Ataru(Aggression)-Excellent against a single enemy, weak against blaster fire and many enemies.

Shien(don't know)-Excellent against blaster fire, good against multiple enemies and against lightsabers.

Niman(don't know)-Good against everything. Only style with all bonuses and no penalties, although not very good or excellent against anything.

Juyo(don't know)-Very aggressive style, very good against a single enemy and opponents with lightsabers, good against multiple enemies as well, fair vs. blaster fire and force powers.

Force forms:

Force Mastery: Increases potency of force powers at higher force point cost and makes you more vulnerable to enemy force powers.

Force Affinity: Allows you to recharge force points faster during battle

Force Channel: Increases non-combat force regeneration rate by a lot, raises damage done by force powers and increases your ability to resist enemy force powers.

don't know the last one

Hey I got the prima guide: It says the weapon master and marauder don't learn niman, but the Watchman or Assasin get Niman.

If they don't look any different, that's really really bad imo. Complete and total laziness, and they promised more animations, which according to the reviews, they haven't given. Seeing what a buggy mess this thing is and that it doesn't have the features promised, I'm not sure I will get it when it comes out for pc.

dont be so shortsighted! thats not gunna be the only reason he wouldnt buy the game, im sure its more the fact that there is a lot A LOT of negative feedback from this game

lol if im wrong im gunna look dumb and fully accept all mockage!

Actually the animations change once you upgrade the fighting feats.

Example:power strike uses the same animation that was used in KOTOR.Improved power strike uses a different animation.Master power Strike uses a different kind of strike(this one can be seen in one of the movies at the official site).

So when you upgrade the fighting feat,the old animation is cancelled out,and then only the new animation for that upgrade is used.

From the info we got before release,they made it sound like you see new animations everytime you level up,kinda misleading IMO.

If Obsidian makes the next one,I know now not to believe any information they give us,because most of it made you think one thing,when it really was a whole different thing.

If they don't look any different, that's really really bad imo.  Complete and total laziness, and they promised more animations, which according to the reviews, they haven't given.  Seeing what a buggy mess this thing is and that it doesn't have the features promised, I'm not sure I will get it when it comes out for pc.

Actually they have given many more animations. The feat animations change as you gain levels. Also, I am not yet fully convinced that the forms don't change things. Its just a little hard to tell because it goes quickly.

Buddy, you should be pissed off at LucasArts for giving Obsidian such a restrictive timetable. It isn't always the developer's fault that they can't deliver all of the things they told us they wanted to when they're under the bootheel of a faceless, money-hungry publisher. I was personally more than satisfied with the game in general, though the rushed ending ruined the experience for me.

Do you think Obsidian *wants* to earn a reputation for making poor games? They can't afford to - not like LucasArts can. They have some of the best RPG developers in the industry onboard. With more time, they could have done a helluva lot better. If you've ever played Fallout or Planescape: Torment, you'd know that.

Actually the animations change once you upgrade the fighting feats.

Example:power strike uses the same animation that was used in KOTOR.Improved power strike uses a different animation.Master power Strike uses a different kind of strike(this one can be seen in one of the movies at the official site).

So when you upgrade the fighting feat,the old animation is cancelled out,and then only the new animation for that upgrade is used.

From the info we got before release,they made it sound like you see new animations everytime you level up,kinda misleading IMO.

If Obsidian makes the next one,I know now not to  believe any information they give us,because most of it made you think one thing,when it really was a whole different thing.

I actually found it to be exactly what i expected.

If they don't look any different, that's really really bad imo.  Complete and total laziness, and they promised more animations, which according to the reviews, they haven't given.  Seeing what a buggy mess this thing is and that it doesn't have the features promised, I'm not sure I will get it when it comes out for pc.

Actually they have given many more animations. The feat animations change as you gain levels. Also, I am not yet fully convinced that the forms don't change things. Its just a little hard to tell because it goes quickly.

The Power Strike feat has only 1 animation.The Improved PS only has 1 animation.The MPS only has 1 animation.That's the only fighting feat I used,and I used it alot,and I didn't see any other animations than those 3.

They do not change as you gain levels,they change as you upgrade that fighting feat.

The Power Strike feat has only 1 animation.The Improved PS only has 1 animation.The MPS only has 1 animation.That's the only fighting feat I used,and I used it alot,and I didn't see any other animations than those 3.

They do not change as you gain levels,they change as you upgrade that fighting feat.

You may be right... but it seemed like they change to me... ahh well. Either way at least they change from feat level to feat level, which they didn't do in KOTOR1.

Ok, I'm not talking about the lack of eye candy itself, just the whole deal. It seems like a lot of what was said hasn't panned out. I'm a pc person, but the xboxers seem to be having countless problems with the thing. You say it's all lucas arts' fault, and really, I hate them, but it's not like LA just assaults developers in some back alley and forces them to sign contracts. I understand that this is a great opportunity for a new dev and all, but really, there had to have been some opportunity for setting reasonable expectations at some point during the contract phase, and if they were not accepted and chose to go ahead with it anyway, that's their choice. The poor performance of the engine, particularly on ATI cards was a problem for me. The devs said they were fixing it. This seems not to have happened, and while we don't yet know about the ATI performance, I have serious reservations at this point, as it seems like the ball has been dropped on nearly every technical aspect.

I have had no problems with The Sith Lords on the xbox.. I have beaten once so far and i haven't encountered any bugs or anything that i have seen, so far.. It is a good game, though i do think they could of done a little bit more to make it a very good game.