Speculation

Go read the last of the NJO novel to know why the Vorg are like that and let me put this, there is one that was using the force all along.

As for being one the wost ... well keep in mind EU have been a mixed bag and for many years we had "superweapon of the week" no its not strange they made the Vorg like that.

drakron.png

Yuzhan Vong?  I thought that there was a special reason for the Force not meaning anything to them.  Hmm.  Maybe I need to give up work on that lightsaber I was building.  :/

They probably just don't have any midichlorians where they're from.

:p

One of the worst things that Lucas ever invented.

This may just be me, but whereas my friends saw midichlorians as a device Lucas made to explain how people got in tune with the Force, my interpretation has always been that they were just a measure of its intensity much like how moths gather to a bright light.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

Do you know if there ARE other galaxies where the force has no meaning, Drakron?

Well a galaxy have to obey the same lawys that govern the universe, if the force is a universal law in Star Wars univese then its everywere ... only way was being some sort of "device" that prevents the force to exist there.

The Vorg are not extra-galatical in origin so as far we know the force exist in all of Star Wars universe except on some expecific cases.

drakron.png

Yuzhan Vong?  I thought that there was a special reason for the Force not meaning anything to them.  Hmm.  Maybe I need to give up work on that lightsaber I was building.  :/

They probably just don't have any midichlorians where they're from.

:huh:

One of the worst things that Lucas ever invented.

This may just be me, but whereas my friends saw midichlorians as a device Lucas made to explain how people got in tune with the Force, my interpretation has always been that they were just a measure of its intensity much like how moths gather to a bright light.

They are- but it has to be accepted that they are also the only means through which a mortal can touch the Force. Personally, I'm not really bothered by them- some people say they have a problem with them because it sets a limit on how powerful someone can become in the Force, no matter how wise/experienced they are.

However, I disagree. I think that, like mentioned above- Midichlorians are attracted by the Force. People are born with a certain number in their bloodstream and the more they have, the easier it is to command the Force (since the "whisper" of the midichlorians is louder). This can be represented by the natural affinity that someone is born with for something, say an instrument.

The more they use the Force, the stronger their presence in the Force becomes- thus attracting more midichlorians, which in turn makes the "whisper" louder and makes it even easier for the Force-user to command it. And so on and so on. This can be represented by someone practising diligently with an instrument and becoming better with it.

Anakin is different in that he is born with a higher concentration of midi-chlorians than any Jedi has ever been able to obtain through development alone. I think a good comparision would be with Mozart, he composed his first symphony when he was five *or a similary young age* and learnt to play the piano just through listening to it being played. Simply put, his natural affinity for music was greater than most of the composers and muscians who had been developing their skills for years. Does this mean someone couldn't become as good as Mozart through practise? No, it would be possible but very, very, very hard.

When Anakin is crippled, he loses a lot of midichlorians (since his flesh is replaced with machine) and is thus weaker as Vader. However, he COULD eventually build up the point where he makes up for that loss through practise, but it would be akin to a master pianist having three fingers cut off. They *could* become great again, yet it is doubtful that they would ever reach, or surpass their former standard.

How do I account for not everyone being able to become Force-sensitive then? Well, simply put, if the "whisper of the midichlorians" is not loud enough initially, a person can never start manipulating the Force- thus they'll never attract any more midi-chlorians and never become Force-sensitive.

So, yeah, that's basically how I view midichorians.

Yes, Revan is my all-time favourite character. If I could be like anyone, it would be like Revan.

Dark or Light, I like Revan both ways. But I must view Revan as a Male, and most likely as a Dark side one. It's what I like the most.

In KOTOR 2 you can talk with HK-47 and find out where Revan went, exact coordinates and all, but it requires much influence with HK-47, but it should be possible.

I wonder if that changes the ending?

"1. I will go join Revan, I know exactly where he went."

Hmm, everyone here has good theorys but, there is no "True Sith" anymore the race is gone, but what if the "New Race" the one where Jedi matted with them is what Kreia and everyone is referring too... Revan did know what was out there, the real threat why do you think he looked for the Star Forge like he did. He wanted to prepare himself for what was to come, but Malak screwed up he attacked Revan without knowing what was comming.

Alright folks, can it be possible that this "True Sith Threat" or "Great Evil" as Nightcleaver calls it, is none other than.....

....The Sith'ari that Yuthura spoke of! :p

She said something along the lines that it's prophesied that when the time is right, the perfect Sith (some sort of higher being) will come and destroy everyone and re-make them greater than before.

Could this Sith'ari be lurking in the Unknown Regions? Is this what Revan went off to fight?

:ph34r:

EDIT: Damn Derro, you beat me to it. :wub:

manthing2.jpg

It's a good chance. I forgot about her talking about that, but now that you mention it. I remember lol. Perhaps the Sith'ari are the Original race mixed with the fallen Jedi, and maybe they fled Korriban becuz they knew something bad was gonna happen. So they went to the Unknown Regions to breed more. Ehh, anyways now were gonna have alot of Marko Rangos mini me's lurking around the galaxy.

The Sith'ari was a perfect being who would rise to power and bring balance to the Force. According to prophecy, the Sith'ari would rise up and destroy the Sith, but in the process would return to lead the Sith and make them stronger than ever before, a striking parallel to the Chosen One of Jedi legend, though it is most likely that the Sith'ari and Chosen One are one and the same.

Found this info at..

http://www.e-paranoids.com/s/si/sith.html

After all the reading I've done, I have made a collection of what I think is correct.

I strongly agree with Jedi Master D Murda on his view of Revan going to fight the true Sith. He said that Revan learned about the true sith, so he turned to the dark to gather jedi. But then he lost his memories and either helped or reconquered the jedi. Then as Carth explains with LS Revan/LS Exile, Revan begins to regain his old memories and goes to fight the true sith. (Post 25)

This theory is kind of stupid and only works for LS Revan:

Kiera said, however, that the True Sith is belief not a race of beings. So how could Revan fight this new Sith?

As he regains his memories he also regains his dark tendancies begin to return, so he flees to fight the unseen foe to protect his friends and the republic from himself. This also explains why he left without help. How could a ship, or driods help him fight a memory?

Ok, on the subject of Dark Nihilus, I agree with Ulicus (post 34). His theory of Nihilus being the pure force that was ripped from the Exile seems believable.

When the jedi council is reunited in Dantooine with LS Revan/ LS Exile then Vrook will say somehow Nilihus has learned his ability to drain force sensitives from the Exile.

Also a few things I wanted to add are:

That Visas says Nilihus is somewhere on the boundary of the outer rim. This could possibly mean hes afriad of the true sith?

Perhaps the easyness of Nilihus and Scion is for reason. It shows that neither are truely powerful, meaning there is no true sith... maybe?

I'm pretty sure this is irrelavant but, on Korriban, Kiera says that if you fight a true sith, you wouldn't stand a chance. ( I don't think she was referring to the true sith, but rather path sith lords like the ones in the tombs of Korriban.)

Sorry about not quoteing but I left post number and who said it.

Raven probably training two or more planets with his sith teachings. Korriban was a mess when he returned and beyond repair. He might have even knew Malak would turn on him and take over the star forge. Let malak use his force power to make The ships and gear needed for the war. While also weaken Malak Take all his ships to his hidden base. A planet or planets not found on any known hyperspace maps. :p This planets are where he took all his capture Jedi. He probably didn't want his love ones with him because He knew they would try to stop his plan. He would do evil things to break jedi for the greater good.Or didn't want to lose her respect.

He has Mandalore rebuilding army. When Raven comes back he will probably have trusted jedi/sith leaders incharge of those armies.

Raven probably reliezed when it was to late that the Mandalorian had the right Idea. Have the Innercore support the Army in the outercore.

The exile will arrive and will follow Revan again and with his bond connection make the army stronger. He probably never trusted Bastila because she wanted more power or she was weak or he has another woman on were he going. Bastila fail him also because she could not keep Korriban under control until his return. It took less then year for it to fall apart. :p

The true sith are probably stronger and smarter then any sith before. They don't fight each other for power or kill their masters in battle. The Masters train groups of sith through the basics training and the more gifted will raise in rank and power.

The true sith are probably found on unmarked planets. Their own empire could easily be woven into the Republic. Remember its hard to find new hyperspace routes.

There's alot of interesting stuff here. I like the Nihilus /Exile theory. Even if there's nothing in game to support it, it still makes alot of sense.

But there are a few points in the lore, and in the speculation that fall apart for me. Why would the Jedi be more important than the rest of the population? What exactly do they do that makes them so important, historically, for the Republic?

(Besides saving it from Jedi-that-have-fallen-to-the-Dark-Side, I mean.)

I also think, there's a danger here of giving Rev too much credit: why would he or she alone be aware of this threat and create such an elaborate history-changing thing? And seriously, plotwise, is that more interesting to you than Revan's fall? Revan's mistakes?

It's less to me.

*waves because this is self's first post on the forums*

Heya.

Interesting topic. :-

My take on the 'true Sith'...

The 'true Sith' aren't a sentient species or single being or anything like that, I believe. Sith and Jedi, at the purest form of what they are, what the individual codes and ideals stand for, are the two sides of the Force. Light and dark, both are necessary for balance and both need the other, despite the conflict between each other. The Force is a primal balance of life (think Transcendentalism), its will is for balance alone. This is why Kriea hates it... this will strives for balance, and if human life must be sacrificed in the process, it does not matter. It is destiny. Kriea, though hating the Force with a spite, stems her hatred out of the need for protection of life's ability to have free will.

The two sides of the Force individually don't believe in balance, of course, both sides 'feel' (instinct, mysticism, nothing conscious) their way is the way things should be, and are out to destroy the other.

What the 'true Sith' is is the dark side of the Force in its entirety, the base energy, power, mystic whatever that desires the end of all life. The 'true Jedi' is peace and serenity, no chaos, no death, no suffering just.. simple existance.. life. The Force as a whole must have balance, for life cannot grow and advance without a dark and a light side. Without dark, life would become over-abundant.. without light, nothing could exist.

The Chronicles state that Revan, after the Jedi Civil War, travelled to Malachor V, where he vanished. Revan, IMO, has something deep inside him from Malachor V... that he is the 'Chosen One' of the dark side, of the 'true Sith'. As an evil inside of him, then of course he is the only one who can fight it--no one can help him. Of course, his intentions may be for good or evil, but I believe that when he travels to Malachor V after the JCW, (intending to either destroy the evil that remains or to embrace it), he becomes completely consumed by its evil... similar in a way to Nihilus, (hell, Nihilus might even BE Revan).

He leaves Malachor V and journeys to the areas beyond the Outer Rim (or so we think... as said, he could have been Nihilus. Chronicles only state that he vanished after going to Malachor V). Multiple theories there are for this--one being that he is not fully consumed by the evil and is trying to hold it back... going into exile so as to protect the galaxy (think like Diablo II... bearing Diablo within in order to contain it). Another reason could be that this evil goes into hiding to bid its strength and strike the galaxy at just the right moment. This evil is of course not human, it isn't Revan... nothing that mundane. It is the raw dark side--the true Sith.

It is simply... the will to destroy and consume all life. What Revan goes to fight is the true Sith, contained within him and within Malachor V.

And that was a bit long-winded, sorry. :lol: