[pWIKI] Influence Guide

About the Bao-Dur/Trapped Mandalorian event, it works, you just need to be a bit tricky about it. A lot of events are like this in the game. Many events can be triggered for multiple characters, so having some characters in your party, lets say you have both Visas and Mandalore in your party when you first come to Onderon. Now, when the crowd riots if they're both in your party, Visas will respond but Mandalore wont, while if you remove Visas from your party at that time youll have Mandalore respond to it.

The same goes for speaking with Anda about sacking the three Captains (if you're DS,) talking to the citizens, and in the cantina if you have both Visas and HK in your party, only one will respond to your decision about killing the civilians.

The trick to this, if you're playing with the specific purpose of influencing a particular party-member, is to make sure you only have that specific party-member along at the time of the 'influence-event.' In most areas you can switch your party members around without having to leave the area or go to the Hawk, so its easy to be specific about who is along with you. If this isn't possible, then I suggest to only bring Kreia and the person you wish to influence with you, as Kreia's 'influence-events' are specific and/or conversation based.

Also, there isn't really a single fight in the game you should really need more than your main character alone to handle, and appropriately levelled every single one of your companions is anything but weak. Even T3 can more than handle himself in a fight by using his interchangeable arms or giving him stunning/stat-damage pistols and working up the Dual Strike line of feats.

Anyway, it's important, if you're following this influence guide, to pick who gets the influence where, based on who you want turned into a Jedi, or whose back-story/bonuses you're trying to get to. The whole game, from the very beginning of it, is about choices, and since most of the plot points of the game revolve around the choices you have made so far, make them and be done with it and dont worry about missing something because of them. You can always play through again and try different choices.

An example: In my last game I decided to try an experiment. Play a DS character through but taking the LS path through the game (saving Dantooine from the Mercs, not blowing up Peragus, helping Queen Talia and not killing the Jedi Masters I found, etc) and ended being completely DS (Sentinel/Assassin) at the final meeting with Kreia.... I still got the darkside ending, despite going through the major quest points as if I were a LS Jedi.

This proved my suspicions that your alignment at any given time has as much impact on the game as your choices. Basically just another choice along the road. Now I'm playing through aligned to the LS but killing off the Masters one by one as well as helping the mercs on Dantooine, the General on Onderon, etc... we'll see what happens.

The only thing that I wish they had included are prestige classes for Gray Jedi, as they have more than enough references to them and allow you a 'neutral' way out of most situations. Not to mention that all of Kreia's teachings throughout the game are aimed at keeping you from following the Jedi Code or being completely consumed by the dark passions of the Sith. I guess this is something the modders can tackle in the PC version.

-horus -lvx-

Can you turn more than one person into a Jedi? My first time through, I turned the Handmaiden into a Jedi, and the second time I've got Atton as a Jedi, and the Handmaiden and Mira at the stage where they have asked for training. Can they not become Jedi? Or does Kreia have to warn me about training them first?

Can you turn more than one person into a Jedi?  My first time through, I turned the Handmaiden into a Jedi, and the second time I've got Atton as a Jedi, and the Handmaiden and Mira at the stage where they have asked for training.  Can they not become Jedi?  Or does Kreia have to warn me about training them first?

You can train more than one person to be a Jedi. I've done it on most of my playthroughs.

Mandalore influence: I finally got Mandalore to cough up his history with Revan. Since I guess I'm not the only one to struggle with Mandalore, I thought I'd share how I did it before I forgot. Except for the 2nd trip to Onderon, where Kreia insists on coming along, Mandalore was the only other person in my party.

Onderon: Told Pondar (market square haranguer) that the queen should follow the will of her people. Talked to Anda and agreed to deal with the 3 captains. Mandalore recommended supporting Vaklu and I agreed. (Received influence.) Saw Pondar later, egged him on to attack the palace. Told Mandalore that it was a way of letting Vaklu know we wanted to work with him. (Received influence.) I also chose Vaklu-friendly responses and did everything else Mandalore told me to do, but I didn't receive any more influence on the 1st trip to Onderon.

Dantooine: made sure I was holding my lightsaber when I approached the mechanic near the Ebon Hawk. He freaks out and I kill him. Mandalore says he had it coming. (Received influence.) Sided with the Administrator, fixed the droids in Khoonda and found Akkare's hydrospanner. Confronted Akkare with it and told him I was turning him in. He attacked, I killed him, and Mandalore says something like that will shut them up. (Received influence.)

(Before returning to Onderon, recruited Mandaloreans from Dantooine and Nar Shadaa. Didn't receive influence, but I thought it might be necessary since Mandalore starts his revelations with "since you helped me gather the clans.")

Return to Dxun-Onderon: If I remember correctly, you have a lot of dialogue before you get any feedback on influence, so I'm not sure which of these responses gave me influence. On Dxun, I said "I get to ride in a Basilisk?" After landing on Onderon, agreed with Mandalore twice about the impression Mandaloreans made and that they're remembered. Told Tobin that using the Basilsk was convenient. (At the end of the conversation with Tobin I received influence.) Before starting the attack on the sky ramp, I talked to Mandalore and he told me his history with Revan.

Hope this doesn't just repeat info that's available elsewhere, but I didn't see it laid out this way in this thread.

Liz

Dantooine:

There are another influence chance for Bao-Dur/ Handmaiden (maybe other tend to light side companions, but I only confirm two of them), also follow the Atmospheric Sensors quest (after you found the secret inside), back to Saedhe and talk about rewards. Because you have already found some interesting things inside the sensors, so Saedhe said he would pay you 5000 in order to get the sensors back. Select 3000 are enough (do Republic a favor), and then Bao-Dur/ Handmaiden will make some comments and get influence.

I'm using Mira in my party and was wondering if there are any more chances to gain influence than besides what is posted so far.

I did not get the option to claim she is a real bounty hunter when I was attacked by the Zhug family. It seems the only other chance I get is when I make it to Onderon.

I tried going through her dialog tree but was only able to gain influence once. Now she won't answer any of my questions because I don't have high influence with her.

Thanks for any help.

I'm using Mira in my party and was wondering if there are any more chances to gain influence than besides what is posted so far.

I did not get the option to claim she is a real bounty hunter when I was attacked by the Zhug family.  It seems the only other chance I get is when I make it to Onderon.

I tried going through her dialog tree but was only able to gain influence once.  Now she won't answer any of my questions because I don't have high influence with her.

Thanks for any help.

You can get plenty of influence with Mira aboard the Hawk. You need to have a high enough Wisdom, Awareness or Intelligence check though. When you ask her about her famiily, you can hit on a check that gives you a option to comment on how she works as a bounty hunter because she's never been able to find her own family. She'll get angry and tell you to go away, but you get influence from this. Talk to her again, and apologize-you'll end up with more.

I've gotten to the point I can turn her into a Jedi without ever leaving Nar Shadaa.

how do you know when you're at the absolute peak of  influence with a party-member?

I don't know if there is anyway to know for sure, but if you're at LS/DS Mastery, they will as well if totally influenced.

Another easy way to judge this is if you don't get influence on something you know you should. For instance, I had the Handmaiden influenced up to my LS mastery before our third duel. When I beat her the third time, I didn't get any influence.

Here is a question that I have been wondering about...  :-"

After you have trained someone as a Jedi, do you need to gain any more influence with them or is that the ultimate goal of influence?

You can still gain influence once they're Jedi. You can push them up to match your mastery, if you have it.

What always drives me nuts is that Mira is the only one who gives you a "hey, thanks for making me a jedi" conversation.

I did not get the option to claim she is a real bounty hunter when I was attacked by the Zhug family.  It seems the only other chance I get is when I make it to Onderon.

I tried going through her dialog tree but was only able to gain influence once.  Now she won't answer any of my questions because I don't have high influence with her.

Thanks for any help.

You can get plenty of influence with Mira aboard the Hawk. You need to have a high enough Wisdom, Awareness or Intelligence check though. When you ask her about her famiily, you can hit on a check that gives you a option to comment on how she works as a bounty hunter because she's never been able to find her own family. She'll get angry and tell you to go away, but you get influence from this. Talk to her again, and apologize-you'll end up with more.

I've gotten to the point I can turn her into a Jedi without ever leaving Nar Shadaa.

Do you know how high the wisdom, intelligence, and/or awarness has to be?

I found a couple easy ways to influence G0-T0 on Onderon. I don't think these hae been listed already, but if they have, my apologies.

1-The droid junk merchant-If you have a high enough repair check you can choose to change his settings for prices. Do this and G0T0 will compliment you on your use of resources and offer to help. Accept his help and you get influence.

2-When Ponlar is starting his riot in Iziz, choose the option to try and persuade him not to. If you fail (and I've never seen the Persuade option work here) tell the officer that he'll need reinformcements. G0T0 will then tell you that you need to keep disturbance to a minimum. That will give you influence as well.

These two, plus the option to compliment his droid when he first joins your party, should give LS players enough influence to unlock his story without getting any DS Points.

I've got a curious thing that I think is a problem in my conversations with the Handmaiden. I've made her a jedi, and I stopped being able to gain influence with her a while ago, but when I pose the Atris question I fail the check. Has anyone had a similir problem, or heard of a possible cause/solution?

I've got a curious thing that I think is a problem in my conversations with the Handmaiden. I've made her a jedi, and I stopped being able to gain influence with her a while ago, but when I pose the  Atris question I fail the check. Has anyone had a similir problem, or heard of a possible cause/solution?

I've had that problem but no one responds. >_<