[pWIKI] Influence Guide

Influence: Bao-Dur

Place: Dantooine.

After learning that Zerron might be trying to stir up trouble with the mercenaries, go outside and get Sadhe's quest to look for the Atmospheric sensors with Bao-Dur in the party.

Head inside the Crystal caves. Right at the beginning is a broken Jar (rubble) that contains the sensors.

Allow Bao-Dur to examine the sensors and tell him he did a good job after he finds the survaillance cameras inside. You get positive influence with Bao-Durfor this.

hey boiler, this topic seems to have become loaded with junk and repeated influence events.

It might be a good idea to combine all the various relevant posts into one and start over there. I'd do it myself, but I don't want to get into some type of competition over an idea that is not my own.

The second post in the thread has a summary of all Influence actions posted so far -- it is updated everytime I come into the thread and see new stuff posted. I've been thinking about starting a new thread with the Influence descriptions broken into a few posts, but will wait a little longer until the second post is so big it is too difficult to parse.

What I'd really like, is if a Moderator would be so kind as to STICKY this thread and maybe trim out everything below the second post so we could start with a clean slate. Hint, Hint. :p

Cool, haven't read the first page in awhile.

two more ways to gain influence with Atton:

Kill an innocent. When he seems shaken ask him if he's alright

Kill another innocent. He will say "We sure got the drop on him." and influence is gained. This happened for me when I killed the sullustian outside Khoonda.

Kreia: At the beginning of Nar Shaddah, you can also gain influence with Kreia by NOT giving money to the begger and understanding her lesson.

also another generic thing on Dantooine you can do to 'Create an echo in the force' and gain influence is tell the bounty hunters who kidnapped Vrook that you hope he likes it in Nar Shaddah.

T3M4: Take T3 with you on Nar Shaddah to buy back the droid from the guy with the walrus face in refugee landing pad. Don't sell him. Speak to the Droid, T3 will flirt, sort of. Don't insult him and you will gain influence

Likewise, whether he's in your party or not, if you instead buy the droid's brains from the droid dealer T3 will lose influence.

Go-to: This doesn't gain influence, but is a unique event. On Dantooine take go-to with you when you sell the moisture things back to that guy, and he'll chime in (referring to the guy as a woman) and get you 1000 more credits than you can get in any other fashion.

Another strange way to gain influence with party members is to take Kreia and another party member and kill an innocent. You lose influence with Kreia, but when the other party member starts to object to your brutality, she uses a mind trick on them and you gain influence with them. I don't know how you'd categorize this.

This has worked for me with Atton, Bao-dur, Handmaiden and Disciple. I haven't tried with anyone else though.

Thanks again all -- the latest changes have been made. Much appreciated (and I am sure others appreciate your efforts too).

is there any place to influence mandalore besides Onderon?

I cant believe helping him with the clans didnt gain me anything

If we could please keep discussion out of this thread, it would be benifitial. Questions, answers and general chit chat only cause the thread to become cluttered and more difficult to follow. If someone knows how to gain/lose Influence for any character, and they wish to share how, they'll post.

I already posted this, but it probably got lost in the barrage of text.

In dantooine's crystal cave, If you insist tell the mercs that you hope vrook likes it in nar shaddah, you will gain influence with kreia

The MSG ship is the Ravager

And I think you might want to note that electing to buy the droid's brains (don't remember what the part is, but the C3po like droid later says that holding the part is equivalent to holding a human's brains) instead of the droid itself will lose influence with T3.

Really strange influence glitch event that I got once.

I was a DS male. In Dantooine's jedi enclave I had Kreia and I think Visas, but Had already killed an innocent in Visas's presence, so she did not respond this time-kreia did. I tricked Jorun into coming outside and then killed him myself. Kreia asked me if I was psychotic at which point the companion usually chimes in. Instead Disciple chimed in and Kreia mindtricked HIM. At the end of the dialogue I had lost influence with Kreia and gained it with Handmaiden (who was on the ebon hawk), presumably because she and disciple share the same character slot. I don't know if this should go in the guide, but it's definitely weird.

Another place that triggers the benevolent act party dialogue is on Dantooine if you discover the microfilm inside the moisture thing and go back and ask the guy who sent you on a quest about it, then refuse his 5000 in favor of 3000.

Also I've never had a benevolent event triggered right when you get to nar shaddah by protecting the guy by the ebon hawk from the exchange, so I think that one's bogus.

But when protecting the guy from the exchange by refugee landing's docks entrance, you can receive a benevolent event not only for getting rid of the thugs, but you can get a second one for being nice to the guy just after.

Hanharr

On Onderon you gain influence in the cantina with Hanharr if you say you don't care about the civilians getting hurt. You can also gain influence if you kill the trapped Mandolorian with the Permacrete Detonator on Dxun.

GO-TO

Before the Dantooine Civil War go to the droid room and find the Sullustans hydrospinner in one of the robots bring it back to him and tell him you will turn him in to the police for his crimes. He will fight you and you will have to kill him GO-TO will say it was neccessary and you will gain influence.

HK47

In one of the conversations when you re about to end the conversation he asks you a question before you continue tell heim if he trys to stop you agai you will kill him(it was somethnig in those words) he will say he loves it when you talk like that and you gain influence.

Character: Atton

After your conversation with Atris speak to one of the Handmaiden's sisters and inquire about your friends. They'll mention that they expected some trouble from Atton because he fell into an Echani battle stance when they confronted the group at the entrance, and if you ask them where he would have learned something like that, they suggest members of special forces units would generally be taught such styles.

Talk to Atton before you leave the station and ask him how he learned Echani styles, he'll brush it off and claim it was a bluff. You can press the matter, but don't call him a liar - just say that you thought it would have been a great asset and you'll gain Influence with him.

Another strange way to gain influence with party members is to take Kreia and another party member and kill an innocent. You lose influence with Kreia, but when the other party member starts to object to your brutality, she uses a mind trick on them and you gain influence with them. I don't know how you'd categorize this.

This has worked for me with Atton, Bao-dur, Handmaiden and Disciple. I haven't tried with anyone else though.

Actually, there is a way to avoid losing Influence with Kreia when using this method, but you'll have to experiment a bit to find out the exact combination. When she asks you what drives you do do such things, you have to give a responce that'll cause her to lecture you - if you choose "Perhaps you're right" as the response to the lecture, you'll gain Influence with her. Hopefully enough to offset the Influence you lost for the wanton murder.

Is there any possibility of gaining a lot of influence at HK-47 without killing somebody or getting dark-side-points?

hes a psychotic asassin droid. what do you think?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

hes a psychotic asassin droid. what do you think?

Yeah, I know, but I thought there is a way to make his crazy program happy without being a real bad guy. You actually could tell him what he wants ((persuade/lie) I killed so much people, I don't know why I should notice people to kill, who are under my skills.).

What are you refering to as "benevolent event"?  The cut scenes in which people discuss, or Kreia jumps in to chat with you, or just the chance to gain Influence with the people who like such actions?

Influence events tend to be categorized into four different categories.

Specific events: events where the party member talks about the exact situation-like the atton/baodur speederbike thing or HK interjecting in your conversation at the onderon gates. These cannot occur elsewhere

Benevolent events: The party member responds to an act of charity in a very general way, i.e. Atton will say 'wow, the jedi code is still intact.' He will say this once in the game and it can be triggered in any number of places.

Psychotic events: When you kill someone for no (good) reason.

Manipulative events: Most party members will either not react, or treat these as psychotic events. This is when you do something cruel that does not involve you PERSONALLY murdering someone. Kreia reacts much differently to these than she does to psychotic events.

The last three are general events that CAN be triggered in certain places. You can get atton to give his speech for taking 3000 instead of 5000 from the guy who wants his cameras back OR you can get him to say it by the entrance to Nar Shaddah docks, but not usually both. Most party members will respond twice each to psychotic and benevolent events, though almost never if they were the last party member to respond to such a respective event (first influence event-Atton-Benevolent act, next influence event-atton-benevolent act will trigger one, not two cutscenes). I've had kreia respond four times in one playthrough to manpulative events.

The location of the mira vs. bounty hunters event is in Iziz, just after colonol tobin attacks in the cantina.

Effects of higher influence:

Hanharr-finishing hanharr's dialogue options will give hanharr a +2 to strength and -2 to int. speaking to Kreia afterwards and telling her that the secret of hanharr's strength is that he is weak will gain the PC a permanent (+4?) to strength

T3-M4-Finishing T3's repairs nets the character an increase in force points and gives the Pc a dialogue option with T3 to recover force points

HK-47-Finishing HK-47's dialogue tree gives the PC new techniques in which to fight jedi, which I seem to recall involves higher will saves, a stat bonus and more force points

Go-to- I think finishing his tree just gave me 2000 exp. but it could have been more and I don't really remember.

Don't know if this has been said already or not.

On Nar Shaddaa,in the flophouse(docks section),talk to Lootra about his wife.Choose the option:(Lie)your wife died in the refugee sector while screaming your name.Then choose the line that tells him to trust you.

Kreia will be happy that you was able to manipulate someone and you will gain influence.

The second post, yes... as far as I know I have everything in there that has been posted so far.

There are a few changes I need to make based on my experience going through my second game, and using the guide, but I am still deciding how to address them.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Bao-Dur in my party when rescuing the Mandalorian on the cliff on Dxun, but was not able to gain influence with him.

After killing the Boma, I initiated conversation with the Mandalorian and he simply asked me not to tell anyone what happened and then immediately ran off -- I didn't get the option to promise that I wouldn't tell anyone.

I went back to the camp and spoke with Kumus, Xarga and Mandalore hoping that one of those conversations would trigger the influence -- but I wasn't successful.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

I have been able to gain some influence previously with Bao-Dur, and he's 3/4 lightside well maybe more 4/5. My main character is full lightside.

In Onderon on the Market during the riot if you stay out of the conflict, Visas comments something that the event is outside your quest, after, if you select: "I will not fight civilians" you gain influence with Atton (that is what it said in the caption -- I did it several times) It may be a bug and influence is gained with Visas but it says Atton. BTW, you can not have Atton in your party

I had Bao-Dur in my party when rescuing the Mandalorian on the cliff on Dxun, but was not able to gain influence with him.

After killing the Boma, I initiated conversation with the Mandalorian and he simply asked me not to tell anyone what happened and then immediately ran off -- I didn't get the option to promise that I wouldn't tell anyone.

I went back to the camp and spoke with Kumus, Xarga and Mandalore hoping that one of those conversations would trigger the influence -- but I wasn't successful.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

I have been able to gain some influence previously with Bao-Dur, and he's 3/4 lightside well maybe more 4/5. My main character is full lightside.

I tried this numerous times and with numerous characters in the party and couldn't get it to work. I think this is a false benevolent event.