T3: Does he still suck?

Naso

I was kinda annoyed to hear that of all the characters, they brought back T3, arguably not a character at all, and the most useless party member in the game, (yeah yeah, he has a high computer skill, big whoop). Anyway, I was wondering if he's any better or more interesting in TSL, maybe communicating more than beep and boop?

I was kinda annoyed to hear that of all the characters, they brought back T3, arguably not a character at all, and the most useless party member in the game, (yeah yeah, he has a high computer skill, big whoop).  Anyway, I was wondering if he's any better or more interesting in TSL, maybe communicating more than beep and boop?

I kinda like T3, but he can't hold a candle to HK-47. :D

T3 and personality in the same sentance?????

Absolutely!! one thing that impressed me alot the first time i saw Star Wars was how they could convey such personality and emotion through a droid that doesn't talk. With just series of Beeeps, dwooops, and beeeboopbops, done in different tones, u could totally tell how R2(T3) were feeling. that imho is pretty cool, and was very innovative!!

I agree: T3 had no personality in Kotor 1...as far as I could see. The only sentences, I ever got out of his audio-processor where on Korriban with Lashowe and at the end of the game when he has something on his sensors.

Maybe he had a personality, but I never could get a part of it. Maybe he should just tell us something about him like the other party-members did with their past.

Since five years have gone, I think he will tell us a lot of stories, so we get a picture of his personality :D .

Sure, he was kinda nice, with real R2-like beeps and design, but there wasn't much of personality. He could become a rolling fortress with hacking-abilities, but there wasn't much of "speech"(/beeps). When I went out with Juhani, Carth, Mission, Bastila, Jolee, Canderous, Zaalbar and HK, I could get nice answers in conversations. With T3 I hadn't this feeling.

I was kinda annoyed to hear that of all the characters, they brought back T3, arguably not a character at all, and the most useless party member in the game, (yeah yeah, he has a high computer skill, big whoop).  Anyway, I was wondering if he's any better or more interesting in TSL, maybe communicating more than beep and boop?

They brought T3 back and did with him what Bioware SHOULD have done with him the first time: make him like R2. The dialogue where you can't understand what he's saying but must infer it from the responses is classic star wars. Also, they give the PC subtle options between treating T3 like a thing or like a person. This is interesting since Anakin and Luke are the only two examples we ever have of humans in star wars treating droids like people. I appreciated that a lot.

He's much better. He still speaks in beeps and whistles, but this time around you can actually understand him....and he has a lot more to say and do.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

They brought T3 back and did with him what Bioware SHOULD have done with him the first time: make him like R2. The dialogue where you can't understand what he's saying but must infer it from the responses is classic star wars. Also, they give the PC subtle options between treating T3 like a thing or like a person. This is interesting since Anakin and Luke are the only two examples we ever have of humans in star wars treating droids like people. I appreciated that a lot.

He pretty much said it for me.