Will there be a KOTOR3?

I have no doubt in my mind there will be a sequal.  I don't think the developers are stupid enough to end it the way they did and not have a sequal.

Sometimes the stupidity of people can suprise you...

As I recall, KotOR III was under work by LucasArts but it got cancelled, they laid off 30 odd people, IIRC.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

I guess it means arranging for an external developer to create KOTOR 3, instead of LA doing it internally

If LA were doing it until it got canned, then I guess that means BioWare and Obsidian were too busy to do it

So either LA get A.N.Other company to do it, or we have to wait until Bioware or Obsidian free up some time to do KOTOR 3

It's all down to LA / MS to make the call...

Oh, and Bioware have a new Engine for Jade Empire, so maybe they could use that??

Plus I can't see the game being released except on Xbox Next, so that in itself might delay the game a bit longer

I think it should be the exile for most of the game. The game could take place right after the Sith Lords, and you could also spend the first half of the game searching for Revan. Once Revan was found, he/she would join your group. If Revan was female, and she was lightside, maybe Carth could be in the party since they supposedly love each other. Mission and Zaalbar would also have to be in the group.

I also think if the game were to take place immediately after the Sith Lords, you would start as one of the prestige classes.

Except: 

Where you and revan go, "No one can follow."  It would just endanger them. 

If Bioware did it, though, they could revive some of the former party members and start off in Republic space.  I would ultimately want to see what this "threat" was, though.

The Yuuzhan Vong. :p"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kotor to me, was left unexplained, like:

When you see the historian talking to Carth, nothing happens later on with him, you don't see/speak to Carth again. You don't get much information on Revan and his cohorts either, except the droids of course. But it -was- interesting when you found out Mandalore was Canderous, I suspected it, but the voices seemed off.

Some answers:

The Historian talking to Carth is probably a plotline since the Historian is a joinable NPC if you are a female.. he is Disciple.

Also, in the LS game, you do speak to Carth again. You speak to him at length about Revan before heading off to Malachor V. After you depart, there is a cutscene with Carth and Bastila talking.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

• 2 months later...