Better Character Development

Better force powers and Feats

Better Jedi Classes

Better Robes and Armor

Light Saber colors were a great touch

Influence was a great touch

Swoop racing and pazaak are better

New lightsaber lens upgrades and a "personalized" crystal were great touches

Better environments and graphics (yes I am one of the few who liked KOTOR 2's artwork and environments better)

Cons:

Less Satisfying Ending (even though I am sure this was done purposefully -- I hope! Say hello to KOTOR 3 in a couple years)

Framerate issues were worse than the first

Loading times are longer than the first (but seemed fewer to be fair)

Planet Hoping seemed discouraged to me. Just when I thought I wanted to revisit a planet, the storyline progressed and I felt it unnecessary or just couldn't because of cutscenes. I didn't one time revisit a planet during the game except when forced to by the game. I feel like I missed out a little there.

Characters would sometimes have the same dialogue options over and over even after you had done discussed said issue. The prime example of this was Visas. Her character never progressed that far after she explained where she came from etc...I never could get any more dialogue options opened up afterwards.

Handmaiden getting pissed and saying repeatedly "we have nothing to talk about" got annoying too (if you were a DS character)

Hanhaar was as worthless as a hairy doormat -- never used him once except when forced to. However, the game had to have a wookie and I suppose his story was as good as any possible.

Now for the SPOILERS:

The ending was by far my biggest complaint. Darth the "Nihilist" Nihilus just didn't see enough action -- great character, just underutilized. He was also too easy to beat, as was Darth Sion. Was Nihilus supposed to even be alive? Or was he a ghost navigating a ghost ship as the phonetics of his name implies? Also, the game itself didn't do a good enough job explaining the tie in between Kreia and Nihilus. I gained more info from the load screens about the Traya academy than I did from the dialogue. Where did Nihilus come from and how was he connected to Traya? Were those Sith assassins alive? Or were they some sort of spirit? Why exactly was Kreia exiled? Why did she want to destroy the force? Why did she need my PC to help her? This was an option in the dialogue to ask her, but her answer really didn't reveal any info. I know she said that I had torn a hole in the force by rejecting it etc.., and I was the only one she had heard of to do such, but still, how does that help her *destroy* the force? And if she needed my help, why try to kill me at the end of the game?

The storyline, even though very deep, did at times become almost too much so to the point where it was tedious to follow. Kreia's enigmatic tone was hard to decipher, and I couldn't really, at times, understand where the story was going or what had just transpired. This isn't necessarily a bad thing for suspense purposes, but the ending didn't really explain anything either. All I got from the ending was:

Kreia hated the force and needed me (for some unexplained reason) to destroy it. She, for some reason, needed Malachor V to do it (why I dont know). I never really understood what the academy on Malachor was all about or why Traya had reopened it. All I know is she and Sion and others studied there, which is sorta odd considering they study to use the force, yet Kreia wants to destroy what her students are trying to master. Why even have students then? I also never understood totally who the republic thought they were fighting. Did they know about Kreia? Or did they just assume the exile was up to no good? Or were they simply fighting Nihilus?

Even with all of the above said, the ending would have been great if after you killed Kreia, you get to see the result of your 40+ hours of effort and see your "empire" you have built, either by taking over Kreia's spot at the academy, or by becoming a true Sith lord (like Malak) or by restoring the Jedi academy, and repairing the force as a LS character. I also was dissapointed that I couldn't get Sion to yield to me and become my apprentice. That would have been very cool as a DS character.

Don't get me wrong, I may sound like I am bitching, but really I did enjoy the game. I am just saying that the ending left me very unfulfilled and full of more questions than answers, and I HOPE this means there will be a sequel. I have played Fable recently, and I think this game is much better witha MUCH more original story. It is indeed a great game and I wouldn't complain if it won game of the year. I just hope this saga of the old republic doesn't END this way, that's all. All throughout the game, all we hears is "Revan this, Revan that", and I was for SURE he would pop up on Malachor. Nope, not a peep, not even a mention of him by Kreia. All I wanted was an explanation, but not even that was offered. I am thinking this means a sequel. (so I can't be too hard on the writers)

Most of all, though, I was dissapointed that I couldn't WEAR Nihilus's mask! ---cries--- Also I wanted to see my statue built to me on Dantooine after I defeated the mercs for them, but they never built it! ---cries--

P.S. I never was able to fully resotre HK-47 even though I had all the parts! What does he do or say when you restore him?

Being that you finished it can you help me out? I don't know what to do.

I already got out of GO-TO's ship and completed everything else except for these sidequests. The one about the couple reunion, the one with the lady needing transport, and the haven't gone into the locked door dirrectly infront of the hutt.

Do you know what I need to do?

By the way how can I get to hear what the two men in the Cantina are saying? The one's that go "shhh" everytime you go near.

did Kreia not tell you about Revan?

She told me he left to go fight the true sith at the edge of the galaxy, and where he went he had to go alone. She also predicted you would find him and fight with him again.

Yeah she told me that, but is that really anything we didnt know already? I mean, we ALL knew that before the game even came out! We knew he had dissapeared somewhere in unknown space. She really didnt answer any questions at all. Her lips were moving but she didnt say anything.

Also I didnt understand why the two droids had a confrontation at the end, when nothing ever came of it. You never gave your command to destroy malachor one way or the other. A lot of unanswered questions at the end of the game that have to point towards a sequel. Knowing how good the writers are and how intriguing this story was, I have a hard time believing they are that bad at endings. Surely there is a sequel. --sigh-- Another couple years of waiting. :thumbsup:

She told me he left to go fight the true sith at the edge of the galaxy, and where he went he had to go alone. She also predicted you would find him and fight with him again.

*THIS* is my problem with the game's story.

What the hell are they doing? True Sith? Fake Sith?

WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

Ridiculous.

So, are the "true" Sith the remnants of Sadow/Kun's lot? And the "fake" Sith the bunch Revan threw together?

Was it a case of Revan learning the secrets of the Sith and basing his "New Sith order" on them whilst the "Old Sith Order" with its own Dark Lord's continued to exist?

Is the DS Revan fighting the "true Sith" in order to gain dominance over them as well? And the LS Revan fighting them to beat them?

So, did Revan invent the "Darth" title?

It's a cliffhanger ending.  It's supposed to leave many questions unanswered.

I hated the homage to Fallout - the conversation options with Kreia taking the form of 'splash screens', hastily and vaguely describing the fates of your companions - and the Galaxy - and without even allowing you to react to her predictions.

I really do think the ending was rushed. A few more months of work on the storyline would have gone a long way to making the ending satisfying, if not happy-go-lucky-banging-on-stormtrooper-helmets - something I *didn't* want, anyway, despite what some people seem to think. A satisfying ending isn't always a happy one, but it does need hope - if not for the Galaxy, then for the main character or his friends.

It's a cliffhanger ending.  It's supposed to leave many questions unanswered.

True but they are questions I don't want to ask. :p It's getting silly... ah well, I should have faith, blind faith always served me well in other situations.

Just briefly, I also hear that the continuity between KotOR 1 and 2 is pretty shabby- is this true? (There is certainly bad continuity in Chronicle IX in regards to what we hear about Revan in KotOR)

How it compared to the first game:

Pros:

Better Overall Story

Better Character Development

Better force powers and Feats

Better Jedi Classes

Better Robes and Armor

Light Saber colors were a great touch

Influence was a great touch

Swoop racing and pazaak are better

New lightsaber lens upgrades and a "personalized" crystal were great touches

Better environments and graphics (yes I am one of the few who liked KOTOR 2's artwork and environments better)

Cons:

Less Satisfying Ending (even though I am sure this was done purposefully -- I hope!  Say hello to KOTOR 3 in a couple years)

Framerate issues were worse than the first

Planet Hoping seemed discouraged to me.  Just when I thought I wanted to revisit a planet, the storyline progressed and I felt it unnecessary or just couldn't because of cutscenes.  I didn't one time revisit a planet during the game except when forced to by the game.  I feel like I missed out a little there.

Characters would sometimes have the same dialogue options over and over even after you had done discussed said issue.  The prime example of this was Visas.  Her character never progressed that far after she explained where she came from etc...I never could get any more dialogue options opened up afterwards.

Handmaiden getting pissed and saying repeatedly "we have nothing to talk about" got annoying too (if you were a DS character)

Hanhaar was as worthless as a hairy doormat -- never used him once except when forced to.  However, the game had to have a wookie and I suppose his story was as good as any possible.

Now for the SPOILERS:

The ending was by far my biggest complaint.  Darth the "Nihilist" Nihilus just didn't see enough action -- great character, just underutilized.  He was also too easy to beat, as was Darth Sion.  Was Nihilus supposed to even be alive?  Or was he a ghost navigating a ghost ship as the phonetics of his name implies?  Also, the game itself didn't do a good enough job explaining the tie in between Kreia and Nihilus.  I gained more info from the load screens about the Traya academy than I did from the dialogue.  Where did Nihilus come from and how was he connected to Traya?  Were those Sith assassins alive?  Or were they some sort of spirit?  Why exactly was Kreia exiled?  Why did she want to destroy the force?  Why did she need my PC to help her?  This was an option in the dialogue to ask her, but her answer really didn't reveal any info.  I know she said that I had torn a hole in the force by rejecting it etc.., and I was the only one she had heard of to do such, but still, how does that help her *destroy* the force?  And if she needed my help, why try to kill me at the end of the game?

The storyline, even though very deep, did at times become almost too much so to the point where it was tedious to follow.  Kreia's enigmatic tone was hard to decipher, and I couldn't really, at times, understand where the story was going or what had just transpired.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing for suspense purposes, but the ending didn't really explain anything either.  All I got from the ending was:

Kreia hated the force and needed me (for some unexplained reason) to destroy it.  She, for some reason, needed Malachor V to do it (why I dont know).  I never really understood what the academy on Malachor was all about or why Traya had reopened it.  All I know is she and Sion and others studied there, which is sorta odd considering they study to use the force, yet Kreia wants to destroy what her students are trying to master.  Why even have students then?  I also never understood totally who the republic thought they were fighting.  Did they know about Kreia?  Or did they just assume the exile was up to no good?  Or were they simply fighting Nihilus?

Even with all of the above said, the ending would have been great if after you killed Kreia, you get to see the result of your 40+ hours of effort and see your "empire" you have built, either by taking over Kreia's spot at the academy, or by becoming a true Sith lord (like Malak) or by restoring the Jedi academy, and repairing the force as a LS character.  I also was dissapointed that I couldn't get Sion to yield to me and become my apprentice.  That would have been very cool as a DS character.

Don't get me wrong, I may sound like I am bitching, but really I did enjoy the game.  I am just saying that the ending left me very unfulfilled and full of more questions than answers, and I HOPE this means there will be a sequel.  I have played Fable recently, and I think this game is much better witha MUCH more original story.  It is indeed a great game and I wouldn't complain if it won game of the year.  I just hope this saga of the old republic doesn't END this way, that's all.  All throughout the game, all we hears is "Revan this, Revan that", and I was for SURE he would pop up on Malachor.  Nope, not a peep, not even a mention of him by Kreia.  All I wanted was an explanation, but not even that was offered.  I am thinking this means a sequel. (so I can't be too hard on the writers)

Most of all, though, I was dissapointed that I couldn't WEAR Nihilus's mask!  ---cries---  Also I wanted to see my statue built to me on Dantooine after I defeated the mercs for them, but they never built it!  ---cries--

P.S.  I never was able to fully resotre HK-47 even though I had all the parts!  What does he do or say when you restore him?

Dude, it seems like you and me are in the same position. I agree with all your complaints (and comments) 100%. ;)

I agree the ending was very lackluster. I mean at least they shoulda had some sort of group get together on the hawk and had the character explain to everyone why they were jedi's etc.

Plus at least in my gameplay it seemed that the one armed man died when he sent his droid around on his little quest.

Not to mention that Mira's story could have well enough been finished on Nar Shaddaa with Hanharr, but was dragged to Malacor 5.

The Sith Lord fight's seemed very lackluster as well especially with the conversations you have with them. I was expecting with a little more depth or .... SOMTHING.

And how did the Jedi Enclave get put back together so quickly?

I really think the whole Story behind the Jedi was that this was a purge of the old ways of thinking for the Jedi. That instead of just sitting around and doing nothing that action does in fact need to take place. Example is why the main character was exiled due to the fact the counsel didn't want to deal with his force 'wound'

But it was nice to see that they integrated a way for the events of the first game to reflect in the second, like Bastilla and Carth wanting to know what happen to Raven etc.

• 3 months later...

*THIS* is my problem with the game's story.

What the hell are they doing? True Sith? Fake Sith?

WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

Ridiculous.

So, are the "true" Sith the remnants of Sadow/Kun's lot? And the "fake" Sith the bunch Revan threw together?

Was it a case of Revan learning the secrets of the Sith and basing his "New Sith order" on them whilst the "Old Sith Order" with its own Dark Lord's continued to exist?

Is the DS Revan fighting the "true Sith" in order to gain dominance over them as well? And the LS Revan fighting them to beat them?

Revan MAY have invented, but there is a Darth Rivan in the comics, from the Golden Age, so he may have just resurected it.

The "True Sith" are most likely from whatever remains of Sadow's/Kressh's army... Nobody knows, though.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Tastihus

Welcome to the many gamers who have been disappointed by the game's endings.

For the record: THE STORY WAS NOT LEFT OPEN ENDED FOR A SEQUEL IN TERMS OF WRAPPING UP WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOUR NPC COMPANIONS in THIS game (maybe with Revan, yes, but not with your NPCs like Goto and the Remote standoff).

That is a result of Lucas Arts (LA) rushing the game by four months. There is actually evidence (cut scenes; unused dialogue; etc.) on the discs that everything that you did in this game had a reason and was actually for something and that the story actually makes senses... But it was all left out because the devs had to make an early ship date for the XBox.

Search the Forums and you will find out the *TRUE* story of what was supposed to happen and you will either weep or get angry that this game was shipped in an unfinished state.

Haven't played the first, but I've seen many people comment on the loading times in KOTOR2. Which I find strange because it seemed very fast to me - both in terms of movies and when moving from one area to another. Never more than a few seconds. Is this a CPU/RAM issue (I have a P4 3ghz/1GB RAM) or am I just lucky?

P.S. I never was able to fully resotre HK-47 even though I had all the parts! What does he do or say when you restore him?

He becomes a member of your party. Has some funny lines but other than that not too interesting IMO.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is the DS Revan fighting the "true Sith" in order to gain dominance over them as well?  And the LS Revan fighting them to beat them?

I heard that the 'true Sith' were an entire race. And 'Darth' is a truncated version of "DARk lord of the siTH".

One of the messages on a "Loading" screen in KotOR One confirms this. Supposedly extinct for many centuries, though. The "Dark Jedi" Sith are considered to be people who follow the ideals of the Sith race.

They had to leave a lot cut you can only add so mch in a video game. They left a lot open for Modders. But, most will be filled in when KOTOR III comes out. Everyone knows Sith is a religion and the teachings of Sith in Outer Rim and Core Rim are widely mispracticed. What True Sith is acording to George Lucas in 1979 wrote briefly about that the Sith are an extinct race of people. But ony one survivor Palpetine who is of the Sith race and his son. According to Lucas in 1983 Palpetine had a son with 3 eyes and could shoot lightning form the hands. Also, Palpetine and his son were theonly ones to shoot lightning. Expaded Yniverse screwed all that up. George Lucas puts Expanded Universe in a blender and turns it on their is your continuity.

Those who believe in Expanded Universe lay off the drugs and see a psychiatrist.