Dantooine Big Fat Game Killing Freeze

Spoilers below, but as the other guy said, they're necessary to explain my problem.

I'm 35+ hours into the game, playing a dark side character. I've tracked down and killed every Jedi Master and am getting ready to go into the endgame portion. I headed back to Dantooine where I'm supposed to meet "the last of the Jedi Counsel" (Artiss, I assume). I walk into the rebuilt Jedi Academy, go through the cutscene with Kiera. When my characters walks into the next room and the next cutsceen begins, the game freezes! $&^*%^@!!!!

So, I reloaded my last save and continue until I reach the same point, and the game freezes in EXACTLY THE SAME FRICKIN' PLACE! I duplicated this error five times in a row, even went back further and used older save files, but to no avail. This is the first time the game has locked up on me. Tomorrow I will try and exchange the disk for a new one, but regardless, this is pretty frickin' lame. KOTOR 1 never locked up on me. This is the same game engine, so why would KOTOR 2 lock up? My Xbox is also a launch system. If the hard drive is to blame, then it looks like I lost nearly 40 hours of gameplay.

The entire game has been glitchy, with broken quests, looping NPC conversations, horrible collision detection, you name it. If any of developers read this post, know that this has seriously ruined the game for me. Even if I was able to complete the game on a friend's Xbox, that's still 40 hours down the drain! I will not be buying any other Obsidian games, and that's sad, because I was really rooting for you guys. Other than the game ruining freeze and a half dozen broken quests, I actually liked KOTOR 2 quite a bit. Sad sad day.

If any one else has encountered this problem, please respond. I'm definately open to suggestions.

I had the exact same problem early on in the game (thank god). I wiped the files off my Xbox and started again. So far so good. I think the whole black screen thing happens because of a critical side quest you need to complete. Its almost like the game has no stops that force you to finish up side quests that have a big part in the storyline to come. If you have any open side quest, try finishing them up if possible. Just an idea, dont know if his will help.

i tried a suggested solution from another bug post and i got by this dantooine bug.

what i did:

1 turned on the xbox w kotor 2 in it

2 loaded my 3rd most recent saved game

3 as soon as it finished, i loaded my 2nd most recent saved game

4 as soon as it finished, i loaded my most recent saved game (the dantooine one)

i was then able to make it through the cutscene.

good luck fellows!

note to devs: this doesnt excuse you from answering this thread

i'm having the same problem. i tried changing party members, i tried loading older saves, i tried finishing up side quests. same problem. anyone have a solution?

on the whole the game has been buggy but this has really killed the game for me.

My brother also fell victim to the Dantooine freeze. He finally got it to work yesterday while I was gone, but he's not sure how. I guess it just finally went through. I asked him if he had done anything differently and he said that to his knowledge he hadn't. So I don't know what to tell you really.

But I have to agree, it's ridiculous that the game crashes as much as it does. Regardless of which X-Box you have, it shouldn't be like this. Even some with newer systems are having problems as I understand it. And our X-Box is one of the newer ones as well.

It sucks how the developers always get ragged on for decisions that the publishers make. Obsidian made the game in all its buggy glory, yes, but Lucas Arts was the one responsible for funding and setting deadlines.

Not every developer has the luxury of delaying a release because there's room for improvement. All the publisher sees is a product that's finished, regardless of how polished it is, and a major holiday around the corner.