Just beat KotOR II... Review

I -LOVE- it. It meats KotOR's excellence on many levels, and surpasses on many others (especially in terms of making you feel more connected to your party).

Now my review =)

Non-spoilerous section:

Remarkable game. Character development, customization, immersion, and open-ended gameplay was truely excellent. Seeing my choices affect the course of everyone from the Galaxy as a whole to planetary governments and powers, to the fate of the Jedi and Sith themselves, right down to the lives your party members shall lead long after your adventure is over is excellent and a very satisfying experience.

Technically speaking, the game is very good. I saw some bugs in the game, a couple optional quests that broke (as in you have but cant finish because something else happened and say that guy you need to talk to is now dead) but overall I never met with anything that really stopped my enjoyment of the game. Framerates are th obvious, persistant problem, but as KotOR 1 also had these too, I don't blame Obsidian. The only thing I frown about is there is no XBox live support, which means I can't download any patches that could fix minor problems, or even better more planets/quests like KotOR's 1's Yavin IV Download.

Story was very extensive and brought a lot of depth to the KotOR timeline. None of it felt like dead weight either. Whether I was learning more about a criminal organization, to why there seem to be more and more Mercenaries around, to the Jedi and Sith itself, I was always very interested in hearing about it.

The star wars experience was so excellent too. I would be sitting there, either talking to someone, and a line would suddenly make me think of say Empire Strikes Back, or I'd see a new "costume" for Mira and automatically think of Return of the Jedi or have a quick cutscene of seeing a laser turret popping out of the ebon hawk in a hanger to kill some sith and automatically be reminded of that scene of the Millenium falcon's escape in A New Hope. All of this stuff really helped make KotOR feel like it was really part of the Star Wars Universe.

Overall, I need to say that this game was one of the better RPGs I've played in a while. I would even go so far as to say it beats KotOR 1.

Spoilerous Section

This game left me deeply wanting a third KotOR, which I PRAY Obsidian gets the rights to. Something which will obviously build on the end of KotOR 2 and deals with the

Far away Sith Empire Kreia spoke of coming and waging a war of conquest

and hopefully will tie even more deeply into Revan and the other ancient Sith Lords like Exar Kun and such. I have to say though, this game had some VERY satisfying moments, such as on Onderon where you

lead the military coup against the palace and suddenly jump in a turret you captured to knock down the air force

or near the end of the game on Telos where

you see the effects of the game,, and teh factions you helped on other planets come to your aid in fighting the sith

I need to say though, the party was so much better this time around. The fact different people will join depending on certain things like whether you're light or darkside, male, or female really seems fun. The character depth also was excellent and to see how some of your characters tied deeply into the history of the galaxy was awesome to learn.

I just can't wait for KotOR 3. I hope BioWare's code-monkies can improve the engine a tad (mainly for better framerates) while Obsidian gets the licence to develop the third one :thumbsup:

I agree with everything you said. The first sequence you mentioned was very satisfying to me and since I didn't send a single Jedi with the scout team, it was particularly difficult - and very, very fun.

I need a KotOR 3 and I don't care who makes it, so long as they do it well and continue the saga of the exile and Revan. I can only hope that Obsidian, who have succeeded in every way except with the conclusion will be the ones to develop the next, or last, game in the series.

I -LOVE- it. It meats KotOR's excellence on many levels, and surpasses on many others (especially in terms of making you feel more connected to your party).

Now my review =)

Non-spoilerous section:

Remarkable game. Character development, customization, immersion, and open-ended gameplay was truely excellent. Seeing my choices affect the course of everyone from the Galaxy as a whole to planetary governments and powers, to the fate of the Jedi and Sith themselves, right down to the lives your party members shall lead long after your adventure is over is excellent and a very satisfying experience.

Technically speaking, the game is very good. I saw some bugs in the game, a couple optional quests that broke (as in you have but cant finish because something else happened and say that guy you need to talk to is now dead) but overall I never met with anything that really stopped my enjoyment of the game. Framerates are th obvious, persistant problem, but as KotOR 1 also had these too, I don't blame Obsidian. The only thing I frown about is there is no XBox live support, which means I can't download any patches that could fix minor problems, or even better more planets/quests like KotOR's 1's Yavin IV Download.

Story was very extensive and brought a lot of depth to the KotOR timeline. None of it felt like dead weight either. Whether I was learning more about a criminal organization, to why there seem to be more and more Mercenaries around, to the Jedi and Sith itself, I was always very interested in hearing about it.

The star wars experience was so excellent too. I would be sitting there, either talking to someone, and a line would suddenly make me think of say Empire Strikes Back, or I'd see a new "costume" for Mira and automatically think of Return of the Jedi or have a quick cutscene of seeing a laser turret popping out of the ebon hawk in a hanger to kill some sith and automatically be reminded of that scene of the Millenium falcon's escape in A New Hope. All of this stuff really helped make KotOR feel like it was really part of the Star Wars Universe.

Overall, I need to say that this game was one of the better RPGs I've played in a while. I would even go so far as to say it beats KotOR 1.

Spoilerous Section

This game left me deeply wanting a third KotOR, which I PRAY Obsidian gets the rights to. Something which will obviously build on the end of KotOR 2 and deals with the

Far away Sith Empire Kreia spoke of coming and waging a war of conquest

and hopefully will tie even more deeply into Revan and the other ancient Sith Lords like Exar Kun and such. I have to say though, this game had some VERY satisfying moments, such as on Onderon where you

lead the military coup against the palace and suddenly jump in a turret you captured to knock down the air force

or near the end of the game on Telos where

you see the effects of the game,, and teh factions you helped on other planets come to your aid in fighting the sith

I need to say though, the party was so much better this time around. The fact different people will join depending on certain things like whether you're light or darkside, male, or female really seems fun. The character depth also was excellent and to see how some of your characters tied deeply into the history of the galaxy was awesome to learn.

I just can't wait for KotOR 3. I hope BioWare's code-monkies can improve the engine a tad (mainly for better framerates) while Obsidian gets the licence to develop the third one ;)

forget exar and look an Ragoons and before