which character do you like best for love quests??

Yeah.... the Atris "Romance" was by far the most interesting.

Although I was hoping for more depth to it. Still, the conflict set up between you and her makes it really interesting. As far as handmaiden goes, I was more interested in seeing what she could say about me and Atris fighting. Too bad I never got the chance.

I don't have the game yet but I sure would like to try Atris. Sexy.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The romance with Atris seemed more implied from the past than anything. It seemed like she was more upset at you leaving her for the Mandalorian wars than at you leaving the Jedi. Unless I just chose the wrong dialog options, I didn't notice anything available with her in the present. I'm running through again, so maybe it'll play out a bit different this time.

Might want to get to know her a bit first...

heh heh

Someone (Kreia, I think, though I could be mistaken - it might have been Handmaiden) said that Atris loved you as a champion, and that is why she took your leaving so hard. Presumeably, had Atris and a male Exile not been bound by the Jedi Code, she would have pursued this and attempted to make the relationship a more intimate one. So she was doubly hurt by the Exile leaving. On the one hand, he ignored the council to do what he thought was right, and Atris loathed herself because she was unable to bring herself to do so. On the other hand, because the Exile turned his back on the Council, he also rejected Atris, who was a member of the Council. Thus she would have felt some sense of betrayal from the one that she admired. That's probably one reason that she's also upset with a certain someone later in the game. Atris is jealous because she hasn't been able to spend time with the Exile, and another particular individual has been able to do so - even if they were in theory only present because they were directed to do so (hah hah right, as anyone who saw the cutscene between said individual and Atton is already very much aware).

Hmm... Mother envy might also come to play in that. Circles within circles within circles...

It is unfortunate that there isn't more backstory on this. It was clear to me that there was a story there pretty much demanding to be told, but the game didn't really get into the history between Atris and the Exile. You get the basics, but that's it. Atris comes through as extremely human and understandable, and if redeemed, would probably have a fairly stable relationship with a male Exile - if the latter were still willing to pursue her after the way she treated him (he'd almost certainly have to make the first move, as I would hazard a guess that if she were redeemed, she'd be suitably mortified by what she'd done), and if the former were willing to violate her Jedi Code.

Speaking of which, the code against romantic involvement has always seemed to me to be one of the worst parts of Star Wars lore. There's so much good that can come out of a healthy, loving relationship with another individual that I honestly can't see how you could forbid one Jedi from marrying another Jedi after a suitably long courtship and entering into a life long (i.e. divorce is strongly discouraged) relationship with them. Yes, there are disadvantages due to emotional attachment, but you're going to get that no matter what, as Atris so ably demonstrates. But to each his or her own. No sense complaining about something that's pretty much hardwired in by Lucas himself (except for Midichlorians :lol: ).

And I should probably add that given his choice, my character would probably end up with Visas.

Its not that a strong interest in Atris isn't there - rather, its that Visas has what I consider her critical conversation point just before you have your chat with Atris, and I do consider Visas a very solid candidate in her own right. If you had the chat with Atris first, its entirely possible that I'd view my character as trying to puzzle out how to resolve his feelings for Atris instead. Its a bit of a toss up between the two.