About the ending.....

Jast

I was wondering what everyone who beat the game thought about the ending. To me the whole Malachor V part was wierd with the party disappearing then taking control of the orb then Bao Dur talking about the shadow generator.

But the ending was....meh. It seems the party members' fates are set in stone now,(If Kreia was right about Jango and Boba Fett 4,000 years in advance then she must be right about their fates), and our PC doesn't seem care about leaving them behind it. The biggest thing is there is no closure really, it shows the core collapsing then the PC being picked up by the magically repaired Ebon Hawk then flying away. It seemed more like I was playing an action game then a RPG, the way the choices were just made for me, without me being able to converse with the npcs about leaving and stuff, or not leave at all.

The reason I played number one so many times was because it had closure, an ending. With the way TSL just made the choices for me and the way the ending played out, I think it might hurt the replay value.

What is everyone's elses thoughts?

Murda! Me and you were right about the Whole Revan theory and "real" Sith Empire! Haha! How tight is that....

did we call it or what! I bet there will be a third KOTOR, and here is my theory on how it will play out...

You will not play as Revan but he will be ur partner, you will take the role of the exiled Jedi again, the one u played from kotor 2, and u and revan will either (by a choice u make early in the game and kotor 2 and etc.) Fight the Real Sith from the Sith Empire that Revan went to find in the outer rim (if u were light) or take it over (if u chose dark)

I guess so. But I wasn't a hundred percent right but darn near close to it. After ending K2 I don't know how K3 will turn out. I told Kreia I would follow Revan like I did 10 years ago. I was right about the Mandalorians being given the order to attack the Republic but I thought it was by the 3 Lords in the game. But I was hoping to see Revan except for the vision on Korriban, I sure do miss him.

I was wondering what everyone who beat the game thought about the ending. To me the whole Malachor V part was wierd with the party disappearing then taking control of the orb then Bao Dur talking about the shadow generator.

But the ending was....meh. It seems the party members' fates are set in stone now,(If Kreia was right about Jango and Boba Fett 4,000 years in advance then she must be right about their fates), and our PC doesn't  seem care about leaving them behind it.  The biggest thing is there is no closure really, it shows the core collapsing then the PC being picked up by the magically repaired Ebon Hawk then flying away. It seemed more like I was playing an action game then a RPG, the way the choices were just made for me, without me being able to converse with the npcs about leaving and stuff, or not leave at all.

The reason I played number one so many times was because it had closure, an ending. With the way TSL just made the choices for me and the way the ending played out, I think it might hurt the replay value.

What is everyone's elses thoughts?

My ending was nothing like this. All i got was Kreia being killed and then it showed Malachor and then the camera panned over to space....that was it! Nothing about the party members fates, or going to follow Revan. Good game and all, but the ending was a major let down.

My ending was nothing like this.  All i got was Kreia being killed and then it showed Malachor and then the camera panned over to space....that was it! Nothing about the party members fates, or going to follow Revan.  Good game and all, but the ending was a major let down.

Sounds like the Dark Side ending, but I don't know, personally. If you're a Jedi, you follow in Revan's footsteps, wandering the fringes of the Galaxy to await the attack of the true Sith.

my biggest complaint is how bao dur seems to be dead or something and the 2 droids are left on malachor V with no explanation of what happens there. its like they tottally forgot to fill that part in. and i dont remember but i think kreia spoke of bao dur's future so he must have been alive yet for some reason he had to use the holocron type thing programmed into his droid to tell him what to do. i dont understand that part at all.

also i hope the next game is on a whole new system, its obvious they cant make a challenging boss on this d20 system or whatever the hell it is, im no rpg fanatic but i loved kotor and i love this game but its just so pathetically easy. i mean nihilus,sion,kreai they all die in 2 hits, its pathetic. rant over.

In the Light ending, the device is activated and the Trayus Academy is obliterated. I can only assume that G0-T0 and the remote are destroyed as well. Remember that Goto wanted to see the end of the battle between the Sith and Jedi as well. He didn't care who won - so long as the Republic would remain. He would have no trouble letting the academy be destroyed. It's still not fully explained what exactly he hoped to accomplish in the end, though.

It looked to me as if the planet was being destroyed as well. I guess this mysterious bomb went off.

The conversation between Remote and GO-TO seemed to indicate to me that GO-TO didn't want the planet destroyed. I'm so confused at this point that I don't exacly remember why that is the case.

Edit:

Exactly my thoughts ROFLTUNASANDWHICH

the poor guy didnt even understand what you were saying to him, what race was he? i never saw his face i dont know if u get to see it or not when u chose the get his mask and bring it to me option i just told visas to look at it if it gives her peace. or was he just a human guy with a f'd up voice.

edit: this is off topic but i dont feel like creating a new topic for this, did anyone find any blue lightsabre crystals in the game, i found none. i found a crapload of purple ones, a green yellow veridian(like a light green) and silver. i answerd the blue lightsabre question to atton in the beggining and i didnt tell atris that i have come for my lightsabre, because for some reason that just sounded darkside to me. so other then that did anyone find a blue crystal?

the poor guy didnt even understand what you were saying to him, what race was he? i never saw his face i dont know if u get to see it or not when u chose the get his mask and bring it to me option i just told visas to look at it if it gives her peace. or was he just a human guy with a f'd up voice.

edit: this is off topic but i dont feel like creating a new topic for this, did anyone find any blue lightsabre crystals in the game, i found none. i found a crapload of purple ones, a green yellow veridian(like a light green) and silver. i answerd the blue lightsabre question to atton in the beggining and i didnt tell atris that i have come for my lightsabre, because for some reason that just sounded darkside to me. so other then that did anyone find a blue crystal?

You can buy a blue lightsaber crystal in telos from the two brothers near the cantina and where did you find a silver one?

I think in the final conversation, one of the thread options is along the lines of "You will die, and Malachor will survive" I think if you choose that one (I also was DS aligned) then after you're done with Kreia nothing happens. Probably if you choose the thread "you and the plant will die" it probably gives you the other ending.

The ending was so disappointing, given how great the rest of the story was. At least ESB had a catharsis, it didn't just go to credits after Luke went off the platform. There were scenes that transitioned you from the climatic battle to a "calm point."

I found the silver crystal I believe in the museum (on the civil war planet), i believe I got the blue one off a merchant.

I agree. I thought the game was excellent right up until the very end. With the PC game they could probably come out with an expansion so you could continue the storyline a little and maybe have a satisfying ending, but since this is Xbox that's impossible. Almost seemed like whoever was writing the plot hit a deadline and turned in what they had finished up until that point, just throwing in "Well, this is how I thought it should end" at the very end.

The only thing besides the ending that I was disappointed in was the romances, but that's another topic. Everything else was awesome and made me want to keep playing.

Almost seemed like whoever was writing the plot hit a deadline and turned in what they had finished up until that point, just throwing in "Well, this is how I thought it should end" at the very end.

I think that's exactly what happened, but I don't blame Obsidian. LucasArts was the company looking to cash in on the KotOR series. It's their property, afterall.

I'm at least happy to hear that everyone around here knows where to place the blaim.

I can't remember how many times I had to point out how the rights to KotOR worked over on the BioWare forums when people bitched about the lack of supported mod abilities or multiplayer. :)

It doesn't sound like everyone here knows who these developers are. They have it in them to create masterpieces - at least, gaming masterpieces. Ever play Fallout or Planescape: Torment? How about Baldur's Gate? These guys know RPGs. With more time, KotOR2 could have been spectacular. I'm truly hoping they get to develop KotOR 3 (if there will be one - LA, please? :D), even if it means it will be delayed until the completion of NWN 2. And next time, give them a less restrictive timetable!

**at the end i think i had 3 or 4 blue ones. and i agree that they didnt tie up the ending with the remote and goto.

it ended their scene with goto saying that he wasnt going to let the planet be destroyed and he didnt just wanted the republic to survice. didnt explain anything further thou.

**edit: whoops, didnt see that there were two pages. that was in response to ROFLTUNASANDWHICH's post.

I found two blue crystals playing through as a LS Male.. When Atton asked what color my saber was when I first a Jedi, I said Silver. Though I could never find a Silver crystal through the entire game.. playing again a second time as a DS Male.. any help as to where I could find the silver crystal?