wtf- how? Atton cant win!

do I have to start a WHOLE NEW GAME? just because of this crap? Im fighting the twin suns and atton simplyc annot beat them, he gets killed in seconds, and i auto-leveled him the whole time since i never used him.

Did I gimp myself horribly? is the game unbeatable?

arrrrghh! HELP!

I didn't have any real problem with the ladies. I focused on his blaster skills and had to fight them using melee, so I doubt your build is making it impossible.

You should have shields, armor and enhancements that you can play with; focus on DEX. You can also try to stun one of the sisters before engaging the other.

thanks for the help, i tried all that and it didnt work, so i ran behind a table and exploited the bad pathfinding to throw nades at them till they were dead.

my blasters didnt even phase their shields, and my melee always missed.

obsidian shouldnt have included the auto-level unless they were gonna do it right and not make it so your characters are gimptastic.

my main character and visas marr are the only decent characters i got, everyone else is a big joke.

The auto level isn't so bad in many situations.  I normally level up manually, but always see what the game wants to level up as automatic first.  A lot of the time I pick what they want, unless I see some value in a different area.

Nice exploit though.

Personally, I don't see the point in an autolevel. Sure, we all find characters that we like and dislike and customize the ones we like to complement the PC, but proper thought should be put into it. I always manual level every character simply b/c I don't know what's going to happen. One character might die and I have to find someone to fill their role. I was especially happy that I do this due to the "pick 1 character to get you out jail" in KOTOR I. I figure there's something like this in TSL so I'll be doing it there as well.

This part also frustrated me for a bit. I ended up changing the difficulty of the game to easy for that fight, and beat the sisters down with a Sith Tremor Sword.

/vent on

Incidently, I really disliked certain aspects of Nar Shadda. The forced usage of certain characters (particularly Atton), and the way your main PC seemed to constantly get himself incapacitated :p

It was the third planet I went to, so I was pretty buff by the time I got there...not that you would know it, since my Jedi seemed to fall into every trap every schmuck on the planet devised. So much for awareness and being in tune with the force...

Every other part of the game has been great, I guess i just disliked what I think is the heavy handed story-telling done towards the end of the planet.

/vent off

• 1 year later...

Auto lvl Kreia infact i dont even use Kreia and sumtimes on occasions ill auto lvl non jedi but rely i like to lvl my character especially my jedi and i have an idea try to gain influence wit atton and try to make him a jedi be4 fight if it can be done lol

Easiest way for future endevors, just like ANY battle that you can access the fight scene before hand. Lay mines. GG SCHUTA! Works for every fight where it's not your first entrance to the scene. If you know theres going to be a fight there, and you don't know if you'll win... Lay mines. Works for Handmaiden's Echani training, on Dxun, VS Jedi Masters, etc etc. (at least in my experience so far, most of those things i don't need them for but when I do it works.)

Be prepared.

First, equip a Mandalorian Melee shield. Activate it as soon as possible, since they're going to be using their Twi'lek spinning blades against you.

Use your best stimulants. Strength stims are crucial, since even the regular stim will give you a +4 STR (and a corresponding +2 on your attack chances).

As soon as you can move, run behind the bar.  Once postitioned, only one of the assasins can attack you at a time.  You can blast them one at a time.

Actually, if you run right away, while they're still doing shields and stuff, you can get around the bar to the extent that they wont come after you at all. They'll just sit there, dying slowly. No need to use grenades or mines, just wear down their health and shields. I've done it four times now.

thanks for the help, i tried all that and it didnt work, so i ran behind a table and exploited the bad pathfinding to throw nades at them till they were dead.

obsidian shouldnt have included the auto-level unless they were gonna do it right and not make it so your characters are gimptastic.

my main character and visas marr are the only decent characters i got, everyone else is a big joke.

Lobbing plasma grenades and any Hyper-adrenal alacrity stims will wear their shields down and increase give a +6 increase to Dex. Improved automation gauntlets will give +5, if Atton's hit rate is not exactly high. Although these items are random, some of them can help. You can also obtain a Mandalorian Disintegrator from returning moisture vaporator and 500 credits to Suulru on Dantooine and pass it to Atton (upgraded if possible).

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Is that so? Had a Mandalorian Disintegrator in quite a few games whenever moisture vaporator and credits were returned in that quest. It seemed to show up almost everytime. So far, have not had it as random although your suggestion might be true.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

• 3 weeks later...

It was not so hard for me to beat the twin sun

All i have done is...i have use a mandalorian melee shield...and i have thrown a lot of grenades on them...like Ion grenades....plasma grenades...and frag grenades...that's all

But Atton was a dark Jedi when i have done this

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

I suspect you were doing something wrong, because I was able to beat them without having Atton level up in the game at all (I was saving them for Jedi Levels, and he wasn't a jedi yet).

Disintegrators. They eat through shields, you can't go wrong with them.

Even at a low level, atton won easily.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.