Had anyone hit the level cap yet?

I was hoping there would be a cap, since it gives a sense of "completeness" that otherwise would not be there without one. I'm disappointed if there isn't one actually. It could be a level 30 cap, which is a logical one since its double the non-prestiege levels required.

Combat is tough in the early goings of KOTOR II, but gets much easier once you obtain your Lightsaber. There's no level cap, so you can get pretty powerful before the final battle. By the time you reach the last few areas, you'll be able to rip almost any enemy to shreds. In a way this makes sense, since you are building up your power to be a great Jedi (or Sith). Scrubs shouldn't be able to touch you. One of the last worlds is just a mess of Apprentice Sith being slaughtered by your superior swordsmanship.

This is from the ign.com review, it says that there is no level cap.

ign.com review just so you can verify where I got this quote from.

The truth is, it has never been directly stated by Obsidian if there indeed is one or not. IGN themselves are highly unlikely to have played through enough to reach the cap, assuming a cap exists. They logically came to that conclusion because they had already passed the original cap.

Obsidian has previously stated before that they would raise the cap, but where there would be one or not was never revealed and not known, even to this day.

I liked having a cap in the first, once I reached it, it provided me with a sense of power and completeness, that I was every bit ready for Malak once my character's destiny was at hand. It gave a subtle but very significant pyschological boost for me. That my character's journeys have taken him to this point, and that he is ready for the final confrontation. It indeed there isnt one... I would be somewhat disappointed. Even if I'll never reach it, I am content to know that one exists.

I read IGN's review and have been sporadically keeping up with the dev's statements on these boards and such, and while I very likely could be wrong, I'm almost positive I read one of the dev's saying the level cap was 40.

As I said, I may be wrong, or this may have changed, but I'm positive I read that in one of the conversations with one of the dev's.

If anyone's gotten past level 40, please let me know. :)

Technically, if they are staying true to D20 system, then a level 40 cap would be logical.  (20 levels per class max...20 Guardian, 20 Weapon master)

-hutz

That's not how the d20 system works. Under standard d20, characters cap out at 20th level, and prestige classes only have 10 levels - in order to go higher, you need to use the Epic rules, which have a different save, attack bonus, feat, etc. progression.

I don't have any of the myriad supplements for the pen and paper Star Wars RPG, but in SW, it shouldn't really be an issue, since the most powerful iconic characters statted out in the basic book go no higher in terms of level than high teens.

Not that I mind that Sith Lords lets you go higher. >_<

Even if there is no level cap to me that's all the better as long as I can keep getting feats and powers, when I get them all that's when I will be complete.

Really? I would be content to play through the game 3-6 times to fully examine each prestige class that I was interested in and only picking the powers that fit with it. You would get them all eventually. Im big on replaying games though. So, that's probably just me.

Technically, if they are staying true to D20 system, then a level 40 cap would be logical.  (20 levels per class max...20 Guardian, 20 Weapon master)

-hutz

That's not how the d20 system works. Under standard d20, characters cap out at 20th level, and prestige classes only have 10 levels - in order to go higher, you need to use the Epic rules, which have a different save, attack bonus, feat, etc. progression.

I don't have any of the myriad supplements for the pen and paper Star Wars RPG, but in SW, it shouldn't really be an issue, since the most powerful iconic characters statted out in the basic book go no higher in terms of level than high teens.

Not that I mind that Sith Lords lets you go higher. :)

Yes, i thought something was wrong with my statement, i was basing it on NWN and the Hordes of the Undrentide expansion, lets you goto lvl 40. But thats with an Epic class aswell.

So technically, even though no one has reached a cap, i think level 30 is the cap...we shall see if someone breaks that level.

-hutz

I would imagine that even if the maximum level is uncaped there is a level beyond which you will cease to gain new Feats and Force powers.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

well, seeing that this game is using the D20 system, they basically have little say in how high the levels can go. WOC has alot of say in what rules are implimented and such. I know that bioware was under strict supervision with all their licenced D&D games with WOC, they had to do what WOC wanted most of the time.

it may be different this go around though, not sure. but if they are sticking with the strict D20 system, there should be a level cap. (I may be wrong on this though, i don't have extensive knowlege of D20, only minor knowlege)

-hutz

EDIT: not even sure if Obsision was working with WOC...are they?