So what sucks about the US Xbox version?

Since Obsidian *can't* fix anything in an Live patch, there is little motive behind that point. Aside from the inherent problems in patching a read-only media format, patches to a game's executable can not be made via Live. It's the rules.

That aside, nothing "sucks".

*Some* have experienced slow downs and game freezes. Bugs happen when you deal with different hardware. May, or may not, be a problem when it hits PC... but I'm pretty sure any problems will be promptly posted in the Support section.

Gameplay? Kicks ass, as before, with new force powers, better combat animations, better dialogue options, etc.

Story? Gripping.

Sound? Excellent voice-acting, and great music -- I was concerned that the VAs wouldn't be as top-notch, but my fears were uncalled for, and have been forgotten.

I'll be playin and replayin for atleast 100+ hours from here on out

Could those who have played the game post their opinions so hopefully this can be adressed in the future versions coming out and possibily for an Xbox live patch.

Cheers

Nothing really. The framerate is no worse than KotOR 1 in my opinion, although I did have one battle where the FPS dropped extremely low. But other than that it's smooth sailing. There are a few hiccups, 'bout the equivalent of walking through a cantina on Taris in the first game.

But considering that the levels are bigger, and the framerate is actually better than the first, this is not really an issue to me, just hope it doesn't get worse. I aslo encounter that T3 bug but somehow I got around that.

To me the framerate was terrible and worst than that of K1 but because of the story and all the mysteries it didn't bug me one bit. The influence is a bit hard to get used to and I will look forward to improving that in my other playthroughs. Also I agree with Jast, the ending was... not what I was expecting and played the end fight over and over to see if I did anything wrong, but alas... :thumbsup:

Main issues are:

-Extremely long load times.

-Framerate problems(severe, at times).

-Clipping errors.

-Dialogue loops(you can stay in the same conversation over and over again).

The first two would be eliminated on the PC version, I'd imagine, provided you have the hardware. I would hope that Obsidian tries to resolve them on the PAL Xbox version too, though. They might as well do something constructive over the next two months, heh.

Since Obsidian *can't* fix anything in an Live patch, there is little motive behind that point.  Aside from the inherent problems in patching a read-only media format, patches to a game's executable can not be made via Live.  It's the rules.

But they *can* make changes before the international version is released in Feb, and they can make changes before the PC version is released.

So listing any glitches is fully productive.

Since Obsidian *can't* fix anything in an Live patch, there is little motive behind that point.  Aside from the inherent problems in patching a read-only media format, patches to a game's executable can not be made via Live.  It's the rules.

But they *can* make changes before the international version is released in Feb, and they can make changes before the PC version is released.

So listing any glitches is fully productive.

Since there is very few devs left working on TSL I wouldn't bet on any updates or major changes being made to the PC or international releases of the game. Most of the Devs have either moved over to the NWN project or onto the new in house project Obsidian is working on.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

you cant make any of your robes hood's go up which isnt cool, a major feature i wished they had done. Totally minute' coding invloved for sucha  small thing. who knws maybe my wish will be answered in pc version

Considering they had stated all along that would be the case, I don't think it's a valid thing to say is a "bug" or that "needs fixing" for the PC version or International XBox version.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Frame rate problem is severe - especially near the end when you have multiple opponents (didn't see it as much till then) but when fighting more than three or four people and using force wave things get real slow.

Loading takes WAY

TOO

LONG

- those are the techy problems

the gameplay problems are worse . . . unfinishable quests . . . ridiculous ending . . . and even more ridiculous converstaions / continuity issues