Nar Shadda big fat game killing glitch.

-GCD-

Well. There are some SPOILERS IN THIS TOPIC, but they are necessary to explain my problem.

Mira knocked me out with the gas. Took the space suit, went to Jek Jek Tar. Got hurt. Jedi Master talked to me, told me to go to Jek Jek Tar. Woke up, went.

The damned place is gone. The door is there, but I can't even target it, much less open it. I went back to the Ebon Hawk, and it wont let me back on board.

WHAT. THE. ****.???

And before anyone asks: I am at the right place. Right by Pylon 3 and the Hutt's place. Im where the place should be. It's just a door though. Damn this game. Endless glitches, bugs, bad frame rate and more bugs. And my Xbox is brand spanking new so don't blame that either.

I have heard some other people had this problem. Te said they could walk right thru the closed door. I cannot. I hope someone from Obsidian reads this. I also hope you never make another game. This is 40 hours of my life in the drain. Am I supposed to just start another game??? And if I do, what if this happens again? Damn you.

I have a similar, less devistating, problem on the docks. The doors next to the Flophouses and the Hutt's door can not be targeted. I don't know what is in there, but I guess it isn't that important to the overall story.

Have you tried loading the auto-save? Maybe try going off planet (although I doubt you can at the moment). Try doing a few other things.

Where is your other save game that is only a few hours behind where you are? In any such game (no matter the platform) I keep no less then 3 save games going, so that if the power flickers, the console jerks or the game freezes Iose maybe a few hours. If you had only one save game going, you have to take some of that blame there.

Such a bug, however, certainly has no excuse. I spoke with some BioWare folks once and they were amazed when I told them I had played KotOR1 9 times. "I don't think any of our testers played it that many times" was the reply. To which I wanted to reply: "With the number of bugs and glitches in that game, I'm not suprised".

Obsidian did a good job of cleaning up several things, but missed a few. :( My guess is none of their testers played it 9 times.

I loaded up my previous save. It was like 20 minutes behind what I have already explained. I played through all that again, and to my (not) surprise, still no Jek Jek Tar.

And to the second guy...

What would walking up the pylon do? I'll try it because I'm willing to try anything.

And yet more news making me wan't to bomb the Obsidian offices.(not really, but still.) I started another fricken game. This time, the Jek Jek Tarr isn't there from the get go. Meaning I'm just plain screwed. Any game I start is apparently going to have this glitch. How will I ever get to see the endings, or even know the whole story? Screw this. I am so pissed off.

• 4 months later...

I have exactly the same problem.

I have 2 doors in the dock area which arent targetable.

So no bloody way can I enter those areas.

And sadly I cant walk through the doors...

I feel your pain GCD.

Anyone know if you can savegame-mod your way out of this with the savegame editor?

I've included a screenshot of this crappy game killing bug.

(Notice no action icon on the door)

post-13062-1114556454_thumb.jpg

And before anyone asks:  I am at the right place.  Right by Pylon 3 and the Hutt's place.  Im where the place should be.  It's just a door though.  Damn this game.  Endless glitches, bugs, bad frame rate and more bugs.  And my Xbox is brand spanking new so don't blame that either.

Has Kreia already talked to you when you approach the door?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I feel your pain GCD.

Anyone know if you can savegame-mod your way out of this with the savegame editor?

Unfortunately, it is not a bug that this door can't be opened.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I feel your pain GCD.

Unfortunately, it is not a bug that this door can't be opened.

So they just designed the area behind it for laughs?

The map shows a openable door. But you could be right as far as I know.

Im still playing, I just wondered why these doors had no action icon at all; they could at least have made them "magnetically sealed".

And before anyone asks:  I am at the right place.  Right by Pylon 3 and the Hutt's place.  Im where the place should be.  It's just a door though.  Damn this game.  Endless glitches, bugs, bad frame rate and more bugs.  And my Xbox is brand spanking new so don't blame that either.

wrong door, jek jek tar, is not a room in the docks, it's a different zone, if you come from the ebon hawk, walk towards the hutt, then take a right just before his room, go up there, should be an entrance you walk into, and zone into another zone, thats the bar...

the doors that can't be opened, could be placeholders for things they didn't implement, side quests spots (you notice when you zone into different places with apparently no entrances etc?).

this game is very buggy indeed, but this one is not one of them.

Hmm ... I've never encountered this problem ... but that might be because I've always visited Jek Jek Tarr before I get the invite to meet the exchange boss in there.

So the door has always been already open for me when I go there after Mira went there.

If you want to open any door, you can download my "Whereami Armband: Coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener" from: http://starwarsknights.com/tools.php

It opens any door in the game even those that can't be targetted such as the doors near the flop house and a few more (there is another bar on Nar Shadaa). Just equip the armband and activate it when you are in front of the door you want to open. It can also solve the problem of people getting stuck in the tomb on Korriban.

Thats not the bloody point.

I had no problems going into Jek jek tar.

Just really really thought it was a bug that those two "doors-painted-on-a-wall" couldnt be targeted. The lower left of the screenshot shows the other area which apperently isnt supposed to be entered.

Thats not the bloody point.

I had no problems going into Jek jek tar.

Just really really thought it was a bug that those two "doors-painted-on-a-wall" couldnt be targeted. The lower left of the screenshot shows the other area which apperently isnt supposed to be entered.

Say After Me.

Cut Content