What to be???

Ok I know some of you may think that this is an overdone topic but I was wondering from what ppl have expeirenced so far, from playing the game, what is the best class to choose? I mean whats more important to you, more skills, more feats, or more force powers, and then what are you going to switch to when you get the prestige class? thank you come again! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Str: 10

Dex: 10

Con: 10

Int: 15

Wis: 16

Char: 16

Sentinal

Max out on Pursuade, Sneak, Security, Awareness, Computer Use, and dump the rest in Repair. When you level, boost your Dex.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Maria -- exactly the way I constructed my Jedi Sentinel. I haven't gotten very far, though, and wondered if the Dex: 10 gives you any problems, defensively. My lady seems to be doing okay so far. I also thought about boosting intelligence to 16, but couldn't decide which attribute(s) to subtract from, and I'm not sure whether it would be worth it. Anyone? (I expect I'll create several different characters before I settle on one to take through the whole game.)

any recommendation for Consular which I might try on Feb.? (I like to become a Palpatine-like figure)

You might try what Im doing:

Consular - Pull up your STR, DEX, & CON to 10. Divide up the rest somehow into INT, WIS, & CHA. This will give you a lot of ability with Force powers and skill points. In addition, if you put a lot of your skill points into Awareness & Persuade you'll have a very Charismatic Force user. Added bonus? The high charisma will allow you to use all of the Force ability with powers on the other side of the Force. Say, less paid to use a DS power for a LS char.

And don't worry about the rest, you can use your other two party members as body shields taking damage while you sit in the back laughing evilly and using Force Storm.

sense reachign 16 costs you 2 points in character creatin where as if you become 16 through gaining levels it is only 1 point going to 16 is a waste of points... I think this is the best build...

DS Consular

Str-14

Dex-14

Con-14

Int-8

Wis-14

Cha-14

-boost your dex up to 16 with asap, then put it all on wisdom the rest of the way... very powerful. Notice that I boost dex up first before wisdom because a high wisdom is not needed early on...no force powers to resist....and you don't start out with good force abillities...

My character started like this tho...

DS Guardian

Str-16

dex-12

con-12

int-12

wis-12

cha-12

overall i've added to strength and strength only. My character is extremely powerful...then again I'm only on normal..

Ok I know some of you may think that this is an overdone topic but I was wondering from what ppl have expeirenced so far, from playing the game, what is the best class to choose? I mean whats more important to you, more skills, more feats, or more force powers, and then what are you going to switch to when you get the prestige class? thank you come again! :D

Level 1:

Jedi Sentinel.

Str 12

Dex 14

Con 12

Int 14

Wis 12

Cha 14

Skills:

Computer 4

Stealth 2

Awareness 4

Persuade 4

Security 2

Treat Injury 4

Feat:

Class Skill: Demolitions

At Level 2, add Demolitions +2, Awareness +1, Persuade +1, Treat Injury +1. Every level after that, add Awareness +1, Persuade +1, Treat Injury +1 and continue to add to Demolitions, Stealth and Security until they reach 4 at Level 5. From that point forward in the game, Awareness, Persuade and Treat Injury will always have the maximum amount of skill points, while Computer, Demolition, Stealth and Security will have half that amount (assuming you go the suggested Prestige route of Watchman or Master, but you'll have to abandon your half skills and focus on your maximum skills and your combat abilities if you become a Weapons Master like I did).

With full Light Mastery as a Jedi Sentinel/Jedi Weapons Master, wearing the Ossus Keeper Robes, an Immortality Belt, Eriadu Strength Enhancers and my Character's Armband and wielding my personal lightsaber crystal, my final stats were:

Str 19

Dex 18

Con 20

Int 18

Wis 28

Cha 18

(Forgive me for not recalling exactly where I placed my Attribute increases. I know I placed at least one in Str, one in Con, and a number in Wis.)

By the time I fought the final battles, it only took Force Englightenment, Master Battle Meditation and two or three swings of my lightsaber to win.

So, what I found after 45 hours of play was that early on in the game, my strategy of having a nice spread of skills as a Sentinel was very helpful. However, later on, it was less and less necessary since I had so many other members in my party who could do the job much better. That's why switching to the combat-heavy Weapons Master Presitge Class made more sense. Moreover, the Weapons Master gets the best special abilities bar none.

One thing, though, if you inted to become a Weapons Master, I suggest specializing in Two-Weapon Fighting, because the Weapons Master has some special Feats available that make that style of fighting very attractive.

Quick question for Maria. I was just curious why you started with such high numbers in Cha and Wis and then pumped Dex the rest of the game. Wouldn't it be cheaper to have more even stats and then pump the most expensive ones the rest of the game? Just curious as to your strategy.

Anyhow, I was a ds consular.

Str 10

Dex 12

Con 14

Int 10

Wis 16

Cha 14

Just pump treat injury and persuade.

Try to max Wisdom.

I wasted a few points in Wis in getting it that high, but only because as a ds consular, I don't really need to worry about much else.

Lucan,

It's easier to get items that boost Dex and strength becomes useless when you have Lightsaber Finess. With that starting build I still had a 26 in Dex at the end of the game.

Cool.

One more question for Sentinal experts about which force forms you get. I was just wondering if you get

Force Potency.

sense reachign 16 costs you 2 points in character creatin where as if you become 16 through gaining levels it is only 1 point going to 16 is a waste of points... I think this is the best build...

So? These points in Str are wasted anyway, between 8-12 there is no real difference so that points are better spent elsewhere :-"

DS Consular

Str-14

Dex-14

Con-14

Int-8

Wis-14

Cha-14

-boost your dex up to 16 with asap, then put it all on wisdom the rest of the way... very powerful.  Notice that I boost dex up first before wisdom because a high wisdom is not needed early on...no force powers to resist....and you don't start out with good force abillities...

Erm... Stupid Consular with nil SP's and Str barely supporting weak melee capabilites? Even your Guardian had 4 more Int... Sorry, such character will only emphasis weakest points of Consular without giving any support to his weak sides...

DS Consular

Str :8

Dex:10

Con:10

Int :16

Wis:16

Cha:16

And depending if there is something boosting Wis in the game either put 2 points into Int, then one to Wis & 2 to Cha, or 1 to Str, 2 to Wis & Cha :)

F.

One more question for Sentinal experts about which force forms you get. I was just wondering if you get

Force Potency.

Only Jedi Masters get any of the Force Forms besides Force Channel (which all Jedi learn). Jedi Guardians, Jedi Sentinels, Jedi Weapon Masters and Jedi Watchman all learn six of the seven Lightsaber Forms. Jedi Consular/Jedi Masters learn three Lightsaber Forms and four Force Forms.

So? These points in Str are wasted anyway, between 8-12 there is no real difference so that points are better spent elsewhere :thumbsup:"

DS Consular

Str-14

Dex-14

Con-14

Int-8

Wis-14

Cha-14

-boost your dex up to 16 with asap, then put it all on wisdom the rest of the way... very powerful.  Notice that I boost dex up first before wisdom because a high wisdom is not needed early on...no force powers to resist....and you don't start out with good force abillities...

Erm... Stupid Consular with nil SP's and Str barely supporting weak melee capabilites? Even your Guardian had 4 more Int... Sorry, such character will only emphasis weakest points of Consular without giving any support to his weak sides...

DS Consular

Str :8

Dex:10

Con:10

Int :16

Wis:16

Cha:16

And depending if there is something boosting Wis in the game either put 2 points into Int, then one to Wis & 2 to Cha, or 1 to Str, 2 to Wis & Cha :)

F.

U miscalculate. your character would look like this if u want 16 on int wis and cha.

s-8

d-8

c-8

i-16

w-16

ch-16

Str: 10

Dex: 10

Con: 10

Int: 15

Wis: 16

Char: 16

Sentinal

Max out on Pursuade, Sneak, Security, Awareness, Computer Use, and dump the rest in Repair. When you level, boost your Dex.

This is a very interesting concept in my eyes.

Just why did you pick Sneak may i ask?

And second, do you emphasis your PC more on melee, ranged combat or force powers?

Thank you o:)

I'd like the starting stats to be like:

STR 10 (in the end, weapon is much more important for damage?)

DEX 13 (little AC bonus and finesse for decent BAB bonus)

CON 15 (i liked implants in Kotor1 and read about some cool in part 2)

Int: 13 (Skills seem to rock big time, thus i'd like to have some)

Wis: 14 (decent force powers and saves)

Char: 11 (there has to be one disadvantage :cool: )

I didn't do the math, it just represents the cway i'd like to have my PC.

Though i am not 100% about the class yet. I am unsure between Guardian & Sentinel. :(

With the many feats of the guardian, i could spent them in making repair & maybe computer use class skill. Though wouldnt have too many skills points.

With Sentinel, i'd have the points but not that much feats.

Consular is no option for me. Pure magic users never were my favourite kind of hero. i simply prefer the 'up-spelling melee fighter).

I'd like the starting stats to be like:

STR 10 (in the end, weapon is much more important for damage?)

DEX 13 (little AC bonus and finesse for decent BAB bonus)

CON 15 (i liked implants in Kotor1 and read about some cool in part 2)

Int: 13 (Skills seem to rock big time, thus i'd like to have some)

Wis: 14 (decent force powers and saves)

Char: 11 (there has to be one disadvantage :cool: )

I didn't do the math, it just represents the cway i'd like to have my PC.

Though i am not 100% about the class yet. I am unsure between Guardian & Sentinel.  :)

With the many feats of the guardian, i could spent them in making repair & maybe computer use class skill. Though wouldnt have too many skills points.

With Sentinel, i'd have the points but not that much feats.

Consular is no option for me. Pure magic users never were my favourite kind of hero. i simply prefer the 'up-spelling melee fighter).

No complains on this setup? I have the strange feeiling an extreme elaborated character isn't worth the time spent for it in Kotor 2 anyway (?) <_<