Force Power-related defense bonuses bugged

Just so you know, the Force Aura/Shield/Armor tree of force powers does nothing. No increase to defense rating on the stat screen, no mention of a defense bonus in the combat statistics breakdown. It isn't an "invisible" bonus, either; enemies who achieve the minimum necessary roll to hit your character's listed defense roll (which does not display any force benefit) do so without difficulty. The defense bonuses you're supposed to get from Burst of Speed/Knight Speed/Master Speed don't apply either. Anyone else notice this?

bink

I'm not too far into the game, right now on Citadel Station. I was leveling up Kreia and gave here improved dueling. That's supposed to give +2 to attack and +2 to defense when you use a one handed weapon. I didn't see any difference to her defense at all. Must be some kind of change. I haven't checked the burst/knight/master speed defense bonus yet. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

What? This is ridiculous. I've already started over once because I wasted slots on force powers that don't work. I just made a rebuild that uses dueling. Now these are half useless as well? How could something as obvious as this been allowed to slip through?

bink

Well, I checked into the dueling thing by switching between a two-handed rifle and a vibroblade. You do get the defense bonus, but the reason you might not notice it at first is because if you equip and unequip a weapon, you don't see a defense change. This is because you get the dueling bonus when you are unarmed. I've continued testing the force powers, though, and they still do nothing.

bink

Unfortunately, I can confirm this. The defense for your character doesn't change at all when using Force Aura, Force Shield, Burst of Speed, or Knight Speed. The speed powers are still usable for their travel speed and extra attacks, but this makes the Aura/Shield/Armor power set useless, and is a significant blow to the forces of light.

Has anyone noticed yet if Obsidian fixed the dual bladed saber bug from the KOTOR 1? Basically you had no dual wield penilties when using a double bladed saber. I'm alot further into the game now, (just finished Duxun) I don't have any characters using double bladed yet. At least sneak attack is working so far.