How Ironic

"With PC the Patches immprove on the state of these bugs to nothing..."

This proves that you know less about programming PC games than I do. I ahve yet to see one PC game be completely bug free even after multiple patches.

That is because the companies that produce PC games know they can patch later. They therefore releases the game before it is entirely finished, with intention of making the patch while the game is made and delivered. But in the end if the finish the game with patches thet handle all bugs PC-version will be more stable (though in some unfortunaly sad cases they never finish the game properly, which was the sad case for the exilent FO2 that necer was finished properly).

But at least PC games CAN be fixed later...................... :("

"Ok your blatantly a ignorant Console user who has as much technical knowledge of systems as an ignoramus has on quantum physics!"

That's hilarious! I own one console, and I have a PC. I also am more likely to buy, and play PC games than console. I haven't even bothered to buy KOTOR2 yet because I'd rather have it on PC (plus I don't have anx-box).

"You bring up the point of variations in the PC systems, drivers, cards everything will make the game have more chances of bugs. No. This will mean that the game on the back will have works with : <insert card names here>. "

Hahahaha. You actually beleive the back of the box? What a gullible person you are.

Sorry; but anyone with half a brain knows that PC games are more often than not easily buggier than console games. That's a hard core fact. The reasons for that is simple. The number of combinations that need to be tested, PCs are a lot more complicated than just a simple gaming machine, etc.

"I think you will find that there are alot of games out there 100% bug free... the only console games that ive seen that are bug free are = 0."

Hahaha. You jokin' right? PC games are 100% bug free? Hahaha.

No console gamea are bug free? Hahaha.

R00fles!

You have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that you know nothing about computers - be it a PC or console.

Have fun. :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The X-Boxer's have been owned severly

I would just like to take this time to call a toast to PC users and our superior processor speed :D

Wow... immaturity at its lowest.

What is this, somebody critiicizing a PC owner on the PC Forum! Looks like somebody isn't happy with their little puny xbox version :p

We may not be very mature, but at least we're not resentful like you are :lol:

I'm mystified as to why PC users are gloating about the Xbox version being buggy. :alien: There's a very good chance the game will use the same code base, so any bugs in the Xbox version that don't specifically have to do with Xbox hardware (and there are a good number of those) are bugs that are going to have to be fixed for the PC version, and that takes time away from PC optimization. Sure, the PC version can be patched, but it's better to have a bug-free game to start. Rather than being spiteful because you can't play the game as early, you should've been hoping the devs caught all the bugs for the Xbox version so as to not have to catch them for the crunch time in between the Xbox and the PC release.

I'm mystified as to why PC users are gloating about the Xbox version being buggy.  :p  There's a very good chance the game will use the same code base, so any bugs in the Xbox version that don't specifically have to do with Xbox hardware (and there are a good number of those) are bugs that are going to have to be fixed for the PC version, and that takes time away from PC optimization.  Sure, the PC version can be patched, but it's better to have a bug-free game to start.  Rather than being spiteful because you can't play the game as early, you should've been hoping the devs caught all the bugs for the Xbox version so as to not have to catch them for the crunch time in between the Xbox and the PC release.

It's really quite simple really. I don't have an Xbox, therefore I hate everybody who does. Don't take it personal, I just wish you would die :p

It's really quite simple really.  I don't have an Xbox, therefore I hate everybody who does.  Don't take it personal, I just wish you would die  :-

Ooookay. And I'm sure you'd just be in heaven if the game turned out to be an unplayable mess, because the devs musta put those flaws in just for the Xbox version. >_< I like my PC games as well and hope the PC version is better, but wishing ill on the same game but a different platform is not a good idea, because not that much gets changed between ports.

Why are PC games bragging here? That is gonna bite them in the butt later on. The PC version will be buggier than the x-box version.  It only makes sense since there are so many more things that can go wrong.

The X-Boxer's have been owned severly

I would just like to take this time to call a toast to PC users and our superior processor speed :D

How is that ironic?, the last game lagged during battles too.

This was explained earlier, keep up...

And Volourn i am bragging because this reminds me of the saying, "Im fat, your ugly, at least i can diet..."

We can always get patches :)

And refering to the slow down during battles during the last game... this also has been explained during the thread...

therefore read or fcuk off :)

I'm not going to sepnd 20 minutes reading all that ****

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

It's really quite simple really.  I don't have an Xbox, therefore I hate everybody who does.  Don't take it personal, I just wish you would die  :ermm:

Ooookay. And I'm sure you'd just be in heaven if the game turned out to be an unplayable mess, because the devs musta put those flaws in just for the Xbox version. :thumbsup: I like my PC games as well and hope the PC version is better, but wishing ill on the same game but a different platform is not a good idea, because not that much gets changed between ports.

Just so we're clear about one thing, I never said I hoped the Xbox version had bugs. I just wish that an untimely demise happens to xbox owners. :ermm: I hope we understand each other now.

It's really quite simple really.  I don't have an Xbox, therefore I hate everybody who does.  Don't take it personal, I just wish you would die  :ermm:

Ooookay. And I'm sure you'd just be in heaven if the game turned out to be an unplayable mess, because the devs musta put those flaws in just for the Xbox version. :blink: I like my PC games as well and hope the PC version is better, but wishing ill on the same game but a different platform is not a good idea, because not that much gets changed between ports.

Just so we're clear about one thing, I never said I hoped the Xbox version had bugs. I just wish that an untimely demise happens to xbox owners. :ermm: I hope we understand each other now.

Such stupid attitudes lead to suffering, killing, and more.

Instead of finding a benevolent solution, any try to find one is blocked. ;)

FACT : The PC version of a game is almost always better.

Why? Well, with a processor almost 2x - 4x faster than an XBOX CPU at 733MHz, you can expect better performance. Also, numerous other things including a faster FSB, more onboard processor cache, Hyper-Threading technology etc. greatly improve the speed of the game.

XBOX: 733MHz

GCN: 450MHZ

PS2: 292 MHz or 291.9412 to be more precise...

Your average gaming PC: 2.5GHz or above *

*These gaming PCs may have Athlon-64 processors which are much faster than their intel counterparts. Infact, Athlon-64 have a bus speed of 1600 or 2000Mhz. This means a dramatic increase in performance.

FACT : The current line of graphics cards can compete and win against the XBOX

A current GeForce 6800 or ATI Radeon X800 graphics card is far superior to the XBOX GPU which is a 128mb, 256-bit unit. An XBOX GPU also can't take advantage of cutting edge technologies such as PCI-Express which is TWICE as fast as an 8x AGP port. Also, the XBOX GPU is outmatched when you compare other statistics such as Memory Bandwith, Core Clock, Memory Speed, Number of Transistors, Pixel Pipelines, Vertex Shaders, Grahpics Engine etc. etc. etc. The list goes on...

FACT : The memory used on the latest PCs are DDR2 which are almost 3 times as fast as the RAM on an XBOX

Current DDR2 memory supports speeds of up to 675MHz. It is possible to install up to 2GB of this ram (dual channel) onto your motherboard. This substantially increases performance.

OK XBOX USERS, YOU ARE SUPERIOR...

I have KOTOR:1 on the XBox. It never lagged. I also clean out my XBox every few months, and I've replaced the thermal compound on my XBox (this cheap, bubble-gum type crap) with Arctic Silver 5 and replaced the stock 80mm case fan with a Vantec Stealth.

Exception that proves the rule.

E.T is a console game, made for the old atari system no less, I was pointing out an example of a console game that had a fatal bug that rendered the game completely unable to be finished, which you then agreed was 'the rule' as per your quote Volourn.

Honestly, a word of advice: Never ever enter an official debate, even if the other team didn't show up or say anything you'd make them win it without them needing to participate.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I have KOTOR:1 on the XBox.  It never lagged.  I also clean out my XBox every few months, and I've replaced the thermal compound on my XBox (this cheap, bubble-gum type crap) with Arctic Silver 5 and replaced the stock 80mm case fan with a Vantec Stealth.

1) That doesn't mean the console is faster or better than the PC.

2) KotOR II suffers from frame rate drops not KotOR I...

Darth Ni... console specs are different than PC ones. How can you compare their specs? Would a PC with 733 mhz run KOTOR 2? No, it wouldn't. If a PC would have the specs as a console, the console would be more powerful.

Um... yea but the resolution on a TV is much lower than that on a Monitor. Unless you have a 30" LCD TV, the resolution cannot compare with what you see on a Computer Monitor. Also, when you play XBOX games at higher resolutions, you begin to see the frame rate drops. I don't have an XBOX but I've seen it at my friend's house.

If you take a TV with a resolution of 1280*1024, you will notice the frame rate drop considerably.

About the 733mhz thing, if you have a fast enough graphics card and enough ram, you probably could run KotOR II on a 733mhz. The thing is that XBOX doesn't have such a memory intensive OS like Windows XP so it doesn't have to devote the kind of memory to ensure OS stability.

Darth Ni wrote:

These gaming PCs may have Athlon-64 processors which are much faster than their intel counterparts. Infact, Athlon-64 have a bus speed of 1600 or 2000Mhz. This means a dramatic increase in performance.

The performance depends on the application used. While amd cpus are often faster in gmaes, intel cpus are recommendable for other multimedia tasks.

Athlon FX fsbus speed is 166mhz or 200mhz respectively

...cutting edge technologies such as PCI-Express which is TWICE as fast as an 8x AGP port.

Only on the paper. Only useful for incredible high textures. Today this is no issue, AGPx4 is still fast enough (transfer rate of 1.1gb/s ).

FACT : The memory used on the latest PCs are DDR2 which are almost 3 times as fast as the RAM on an XBOX

Only on the paper, the few less ns(=nanoseconds) make no big difference. The amount of is far nore important.

Current DDR2 memory supports speeds of up to 675MHz. It is possible to install up to 2GB of this ram (dual channel) onto your motherboard. This substantially increases performance.

Yes, but not needed and extremely costly.

I hope that cleared it a bit up. :-

Darth Ni wrote:

These gaming PCs may have Athlon-64 processors which are much faster than their intel counterparts. Infact, Athlon-64 have a bus speed of 1600 or 2000Mhz. This means a dramatic increase in performance.

The performance depends on the application used. While amd cpus are often faster in gmaes, intel cpus are recommendable for other multimedia tasks.

Athlon FX fsbus speed is 166mhz or 200mhz respectively

Um... You might want to correct your post there

This is directly from the AMD Website

With up to a 2000 MHz system bus using HyperTransport technology with up to 14.4 GB/sec total processor-to-system bandwidth

On the Athlon-64 processor, the fsb ranges from 1600 - 2000 mhz (as stated above and NOT 166 or 200mhz...). Confirm this with any computer retailer such as Alienware. Also the Price of a system w/ DDR2 and PCI-E is around $1500 which is a modest price. Also, I didn't say get an Athlon-64, I was merely commenting about its performance. HINT - IT HELPS TO READ A POST THOROUGHLY BEFORE MAKING COMMENTS.

Darth Ni wrote:
...cutting edge technologies such as PCI-Express which is TWICE as fast as an 8x AGP port.

Only on the paper. Only useful for incredible high textures. Today this is no issue, AGPx4 is still fast enough (transfer rate of 1.1gb/s ).

Well you see considering the fact that in 3DMarks the difference between AGP4X and AGP8x is about 1500 marks, I think it makes a major difference. However if AGP 4x suits you, use it. :D

Only on the paper, the few less ns(=nanoseconds) make no big difference. The amount of is far nore important.

Yes, but not needed and extremely costly.

The price of DDR2 memory isn't extremely high as currently you can get a 512mb module @ 400 or 533mhz for about $99 US from Kingston.

I just wanted to clear that up :)

Are we resorting to insults now? Is it not possible to have a civil discussion or do I need to read crap such as "do not be so rude like handicapped child". I was just giving specifications and you come in and act like a smartass, who is being rude now? For your information, Athlon-64 processors are on sale and they have been for atleast a year and yes they use the hypertransport technology which has a 1600mhz - 2000mhz bus speed. As I said, please visit the Alienware website or if you want check out www.tigerdirect.com. If you can show me tangible evidence that is contrary to what i posted, show it to me. In other words, Link it.

--"Up to"...coming next year "maybe". But right now it

Hmm...Didn't take long to degenerate into a petty flame war, now did it? ;)

Whether all of you like to believe it or not, performance comes down to the individual system (Not counting, of course, the consoles, which are all manufactured exactly the same.), and even the most minute problems can have a major affect on that aforementioned performance (incompatibility, process conflicts, etc.). So really, why argue about this? Is it really worth it? It's only another month and a half, guys...

On the topic of bugs...I've seen some pretty bad console bugs, weird slowdowns, and even a fatal error or two with older games, but the majority of those only seem to occur in rare circumstances the developers couldn't possibly have planned for.

There are also untold numbers of PC game bugs...the major ones being fixed by various patches that come out after its release, while the less obvious are left for gamers to find and bitch about...after which, another patch comes out, partly to get those same gamers to stfu...

From what I've seen, they come out about even, though the PC versions do tend to have a few more bugs than their console counter-parts...as was mentioned, there are literally millions of different variations in PCs, all of which can't reasonably be accounted for...unlike the consoles. Ya have to admit THAT at least...

BTW

<---Proud PC Gamer :D

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast