Prima Guide in Question

I have waited a long time for the strategy guide and finally received my answer.  I was told by my game store that the strategy guide will not be released until 12/21/04.

The strategy guide is out. I bought it looking for information that should have been included in the manual, but wasnt. Sadly, this information wasnt in the guide either.

olaf

I didn't look at the guide too closely, but I browsed the extensive list of weapons and upgrades, force powers and feats that is in the appendix. I thought that was pretty nice. They did have Feat progression charts for the NPC's, showing what at what levels Atton, Mira, ect. get feats. They even gave recommended builds for them. I didn't look too closely because these charts were near the biography info and I DON'T want to know about these characters and their shady pasts just yet (even if Prima was dumb enough to spoil stuff in the first few pages of the guide).

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

What is missing is simple stuff. Stuff that was done months ago, but that Obsidian, Lucas and Prima just didnt bother to make available to us. What am I talking about? Oh you know, just the standard stuff that ought to be included in any D20 CRPG docs:

Saving Throw and To-hit tables

Feat and Force power schedules

Formulas for Skill, Vitality and Force Points

Class specific bonus feats/force powers

Its ridiculous that no one involved with this game cares enough to have posted this information by now.

olaf

edit: The guide has some of that...if you look hard enough at the feat/force power appendix data you can see what classes get what. But on the whole the docs and strat guide are lacking when it comes to giving the player information to make educated decisions regarding planning a character.

When i picked my game up there was a whole stack of them sitting right there on the counter.

Didn't get one though cause except for a few extremely rare exceptions my CAT could write a better, less error filled guide. And I don't even have a cat.

I agree completely that tables for feat/skill/force power progression should be included with TSL, either in the game manual or the strategy guide. Perhaps, as a reward to the PC and int'l gamers for the two month wait, Obsidian can make sure that this information is added to the February releases. Ideally printed in the manual, but if that's not possible, a downloadable PDF will be good enough.